Matt hunwick traded!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: Matt hunwick traded!

Traded the wrong guy--- should have traded the Coach to the Avs for their coach.

Everytime I log on to the Bruins site I am hoping for the Headline--- "Bruins fire Julien".  I am getting tired of the disapointment--lol!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded! : Neither do I.. But since Ference signed  that deal some on here have had it in for the guy.. Like its his fault , maybe he should play for peanuts, like most of the haters would .. Yeah Right!! . Good for him.. Careers can end quickly and as I always say in life " Get as much as you can , while you can"   All I know when he is playing the  Bruins record is better than when he isn't there.. The guy is a steady player, smart player hardly gets himself in trouble and sticks up for his team mates.. Iginla still says Calgary should never have got rid of him.. That's good enough for me...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  Ference is a solid player.  He is overpaid, but he's played very well this season.  Because of his salary, I don't think he'll be moved.  But if he continues to play at this level for the season, I'll certainly live with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot:

I'm disappointed.  Before I logged in, I decided that there would be at least seven threads on the subject.  We only got two!

I'm happy with the deal, as you might guess from my sig line.

Subtract Hunwick, add McQuaid = save $1,000,000

Only because the trade went down after 9 to 5, "normal business hours." And your footer message for the past several days turned out to be right on the button N-A-S, good call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

You've got to think there is another trade coming at some point to upgrade the D.  The top 6 are fine as long as they're healthy, but once a couple go down they're in trouble.  I like the prospects in Prov but everything I've read suggests that they are not NHL ready.  I would not be surprised to see a trade for a top-4 D, possibly around the time Sturm is ready to return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The thing that I like most about this trade is now giving Adam McQuaid a chance on a regular basis. Obviously he won't help in any way on the offensive side but in the Bruins own end it will make them bigger , nastier and IMO more reliable then Hunwick was. No offence to Hunwick but coming down the wing and seeing him there was not exactly an intimidating sight to see for opposing forwards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

with Mcquaid in the line up will see more fighting

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Validation my for LoneWolf campaign !!

W TF does Seidenberg do anyway ?? Everyone is so concerned re puck movement, but I assumed that was what he does ?!

Don't see the games, as in Toronto, but what's his role if he's not moving the puck ??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded! : True enough, but I think my larger point stands; Chara-Ference/Seidenberg-Stuart/Boychuk-McQuaid.  Next to no transition out of that group, and the fastest skater is ... Ference?  Unless he has expectations that one of the Providence players with some offensive upside can contribute by the end of the season, I think this trade suggests that he wants to make an improvement there. Of course, it could also mean that he had no options on players like Paille or Ryder right now, and was unwilling/unable to demote either.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Your numbers were exact, just like you've been saying all along .
    Yesterday you said they needed about 1.1M and you were right on the button unlike Fluto's report on the Globe this weekend that the Bruins needed to clear 4+M to get Savvy back in the lineup. These guys are paid to give the correct info ! 
    I bet Savvy is back in the lineup by end of this week ,  the weekend at latest.
    Let's not forget Hunwick will be seeking another contract and there just was no space for him with the Bruins. He just didn't stand out enough and any of the prospects can become the next Hunwick or better. 
    Good luck to Hunwick.

BTW seems like PC has tried to trade Ryder but at 4M there were no takers. I bet similar for Paille.  Teams will want a Ryder maybe in a re-entry draft and only get to pay half his salary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'm disappointed.  Before I logged in, I decided that there would be at least seven threads on the subject.  We only got two! I'm happy with the deal, as you might guess from my sig line.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL... you may now change your signature and no need to discuss Hunwick's courage in a hockey fight .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

WHY????  does every one expect a Sturm trade?  He has a no trade clause and in the past has said that he would not forego that clause. He wants to be a Bruin. The bodies that can be moved are Wheeler ($2MM), Ryder ($4MM), Paille ($1MM), Recchi (~$1MM + bonuses) Krejci ($3.75MM) Marchand (<$1MM) Thornton (<$1MM) Campbell (~$1MM) Seguin (<$1MM + bonuses).  Assuming you want to keep Recchi, Krejci, Seguin, Thornton and posssibly Marchand, that leaves Paille, Wheeler Ryder, and Campbell that could be moved.  As about $3.5 MM has to be cleared to activate Sturm, it would take moving Ryder as the only viable move unless Chiarelli wants to blow out his line up and move out three players to clear the necessary space. Then he would still be short of bodies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I'm a little suprised everyone would rather trade a +12 defenseman (Ference...) over Hunny.  Ference also blocks twice as many shots and if your not getting any offense from either player, might as well stick with the defenseman who isn't letting goals in while he's on the ice.  Ference is a minus player in only 4 games this year, keep him

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/bos/stats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't see how this trade makes much sense for the Avs, since Liles and Kumisky are the exact same player that Hunwick is and they already have too much finesse and not enough size on their blueline.  But, who really cares...

I like Cohen.  Good salary dump, good pick-up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Tough to see Hunwick go, but some move had to be made. The comments from another GM was right on the money indicating that Hunwick will fit right in with Colorado's up-tempo game Vs. Claude's" grind it out". It emphasizes that the slow starts are due to Claude's system with every speedy/creative player sitting back and trying to "THINK" "What does Claude want???" This year will not be very much fun until a change is made with CLOD Clump-Clump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Good move that needed to happen with Savard's pending addition.  Hunwick has been up and down the past two years and didn't seem to be a good fit with Julien.  Plus I like McQuaids game with added size and grit.  Now the question becomes do they move Ryder or Sturm?  One of those guys is getting traded for a prospect or pick... but who???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes Sturm as a NoTradeClause but does not have a NoMovementClause therefore can be sent down to Prov. also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

This trade happened for three reasons.

First of all, cap space was needed to bring up Marc Savard from Injured Reserve to play. Secondly, Adam McQuaid a strong and stay at home D-man is now promoted to the Bruins. Lastly, Chiarelli is planning his next trade for an experienced puck moving D-man around the NHL trade deadline. Looks like Keith Yandle and Tomas Kaberle are being targeted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Today the Avalanche traded defenseman Scott Hannan to the Capitals for center Tomas Fleischmann.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=343513

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Now this trade makes more sense for the Avs - Hunwick is an upgrade on Hannan (he had really lost a few steps in recent years) for less money, and Fleischman upgrades their offense. Some good moves by the Avs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Now this trade makes more sense for the Avs - Hunwick is an upgrade on Hannan (he had really lost a few steps in recent years) for less money, and Fleischman upgrades their offense. Some good moves by the Avs.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Agree ! 
    Thanks Mutant211 for link.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hunwick will become another Brad Park.  We will regret letting him go for the next ten years.  Now our Bruins' defense is all slow, stay-at-home, big tough guys, no zip or zing.  Ference is the best skater and he will probably be injured soon.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick will become another Brad Park.  We will regret letting him go for the next ten years.  Now our Bruins' defense is all slow, stay-at-home, big tough guys, no zip or zing.  Ference is the best skater and he will probably be injured soon.  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Have to kind of agree(not as optimistic on hunwick lol). But the bruins need to do something on defense. I could see them moving Stuart as well and bringing in someone solid with a bigger offensive uspside and bringing in another ringer like yandle as  well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick will become another Brad Park.  We will regret letting him go for the next ten years. 

This is as insane as Stanley's Wheeler Love Train.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Brad Park is arguably in the top ten all time of defensemen, and he's certainly in the top 20 - I like Hunwick but he's not, nor will he ever be, in that class.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

This season is going to be a huge disappointment. Now we have ZERO speed on defense. They will be playing the Clod Julia's "bore the other team to death" system and hope for a  2-1 win every nite. Once again it will be up to Tim Thomas to save these guys' butts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick will become another Brad Park.  We will regret letting him go for the next ten years.  Now our Bruins' defense is all slow, stay-at-home, big tough guys, no zip or zing.  Ference is the best skater and he will probably be injured soon.  

Holy Cow.  Are we just going for shock value now??

Hunwick and Brad Park have about as much in common as Hunwick and Jenna Jamison do.

Sections
Shortcuts