Matt hunwick traded!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: Matt hunwick traded!

Matt Hunwick has the same quickness as Brad Park, who was not a big bruiser and not given to crashing his opponents. but spun his magic with quick deceptive moves-- like looking one way then passing the other....dekes and fakes.  He knew when to move in for the killer shot.  Hunwick has that kind of quickness and is an even better skater than Park.  Another young talent who had that ability was Gerald Giroux, who unfortunately ended his career in a bad motorcycle accident; he never came back from that.  

Hunwick has great timing and speed.  He is a thrilling skater.  His problem has been confidence; he seemed to lose it after the spleen incident but was just gaining it back when traded. 

It will be instructive to see how he does in Colorado. I say he will become a sought-after offensive defenseman and our Bruins will regret letting him go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

CarolinaClamMan,  I genuinely like your comments but... Hunwick would have shown more results if he was the next coming of Brad Park. I did notice an improvement in his play in recent games.  Agreed on your comments on his skating.  The Bs were looking to market the best of their youth at the lowest prices, Hunwick and Stuart are those players.  

The shape of things to come, there is another move other than dropping Ryder to Providence.  JJ won't pay! As much as I hate to see Stuart go, he has market value.  He is more expendable with the like and kind players Boychuck and Seidenberg on the team.  Sturm will play in Providence for ten game conditioning stint.  Then, another move will be made imho.  Once again I say, Savard may have come back too early.  Hope I am wrong.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

There are a few high priced exceptional D-men available.  Nashville cannot afford Shea  Weber on last year of contract !  Ryder and either one of our 1st round picks can probably seal the deal and bring Boston closer to a Stanley cup.

Weber   Seidenburg
      Chara    Boychuck
      Stuart   Ference (McQuaid) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded!:
    [QUOTE]There are a few high priced exceptional D-men available.  Nashville cannot afford Shea  Weber on last year of contract !  Ryder and either one of our 1st round picks can probably seal the deal and bring Boston closer to a Stanley cup.   Weber   Seidenburg   Chara    Boychuck   Stuart   Ference (McQuaid) 
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    I'd think it would take more than that.  From the Bruins' side it would too, as they would need to clear more cap space than just Ryder.  Right now, moving Ryder would get the Bruins $0.8M under the cap.  Weber's cap hit is $4.5M.

Cap-wise, Ryder+Sturm+Paille would be enough.  I'd take that deal.  I don't think Nashville does it, even with Toronto pick #2 thrown in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Matt hunwick traded!:
    [QUOTE]There are a few high priced exceptional D-men available.  Nashville cannot afford Shea  Weber on last year of contract !  Ryder and either one of our 1st round picks can probably seal the deal and bring Boston closer to a Stanley cup.   Weber   Seidenburg   Chara    Boychuck   Stuart   Ference (McQuaid) 
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

An overpriced winger who is slated to be unrestricted, and a first round pick for a star defenseman.

Yeah, that'll do it.

(p.s.  The player to be named later was Krejci)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldTymeHockey. Show OldTymeHockey's posts

Dummb move, they should have dumped Ference.
    Whata wimp, at least Hunwick could skate and move th  puck and as young.....
    Dump move Pete
    Again !

Sections
Shortcuts