Mattau or Corvo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Mattau or Corvo

I have been pretty quite because there is so much whirlwind injuries and changes that have happened have created such a disjointedness that simply need to settle out before I comment or even criticize but I do have one lingering question why is Mattau the healthy scratch and Corvo still out there? Corvo does not deserve to be out there and regardless if Mattau is not an youthful player and not the best player don't you have to send a message to Corvo? Can he be any worse than Corvo? Is he not traditionally a little sounder on the defensive ends of things? A little bit more experience will it be a calming force on defense? Boychuk has been even garnering your praise and you all know I am a Big Boychuk fan. So we are set on the top D line and Mcquaid and Zannon are a good third pairing. Why waste Siedenberg covering for Corvo all game long?

On a side note Caron has finally looked like he is settling in and once again I applaud PC AND CJ for picking the right rookie to keep up from Providence. And Pou even though his ONE move works only 25 percent of the time when it does work wow he has the luck of the IRISH. Props given to McDermitt for being a great call up for the fourth line. Was satisfied with him on that line. Satisfied is the opperative word.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Re: Mattau or Corvo

Neither. Ference back soon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Mottau will get some starts to keep him fresh and would not be surprised if he skates tonight in favor of Corvo. When Ference comes back both Mottau and Corvo will be on press level comparing notepads and playing tic tac toe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

We can all agree upon that San...Will the winner of the tic tac toe get to start the next game. But my question still remains who would be better on the ice if Ferrence is not back soon. Mottau or Corvo...Thinking Caps on Please.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would much rather see Mottau.  I thought he looked pretty darned good in his first game with the B's.  I will admit, that it seems Corvo has improved since Mottau and Zanon were brought in.  Too little too late for Corvo, in my opinion though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I want desperately to say Mottau, but I think the answer is Corvo.

I would like to see Mottau play 3 or 4 games in a row in order to form a more solid opinion of him though. if we could get the 08-09 Mottau, I'd take him over Corvo any day.

If CJ starts Corvo, I have to take it for granted he knows more about it than me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Mattau or Corvo:
    [QUOTE]I want desperately to say Mottau, but I think the answer is Corvo. I would like to see Mottau play 3 or 4 games in a row in order to form a more solid opinion of him though. if we could get the 08-09 Mottau, I'd take him over Corvo any day. If CJ starts Corvo, I have to take it for granted he knows more about it than me.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Other then experience in the system, is there a reason you prefer Corvo?  Shot? Puck Movement?  PP Capabilities?  I Have been disapointed in all aspects of his game since very early in the season, with less then a handful of exceptions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mattau or Corvo : Other then experience in the system, is there a reason you prefer Corvo?  Shot? Puck Movement?  PP Capabilities?  I Have been disapointed in all aspects of his game since very early in the season, with less then a handful of exceptions.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Corvo.  For the reasons that Rick highlights above. His offense has been dissapointing but its still his best asset and above average for a defender.  I dont know what Motteau's best asset is.

I agree that neither should play when the  D is completely healthy.  I think Motteau was brought in as a depth guy only.  He is an "in case of an emergency" player.  Zanon , on the other hand, is wayyyy better than Corvo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]I think Mottau will get some starts to keep him fresh and would not be surprised if he skates tonight in favor of Corvo. When Ference comes back both Mottau and Corvo will be on press level comparing notepads and playing tic tac toe.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If Mottau does get the start tonight it will almost certainly not be in favour of Corvo IMHO. Ward and CJ have been using him on the first PP and, knowing how stubborn they both are, they will keep doing so in the near future.

If Mottau is in I think that means Zanon will be out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mattau or Corvo : If Mottau does get the start tonight it will almost certainly not be in favour of Corvo IMHO. Ward and CJ have been using him on the first PP and, knowing how stubborn they both are, they will keep doing so in the near future. If Mottau is in I think that means Zanon will be out.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

He hasnt been awful on the powerplay, albeit he has not performed to expectations.  I agree that is what keeps him on the ice (for now).  Im not sold on Rollston as the QB.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Ricky,
    I am not a huge fan of Corvo's and have seen the same things most people here have. But I think that because he's under the microscope every little mistake is magnified.
    My reason for Corvo over Mottau are really based on circumstancial evidence. 1. That I haven't seen Mottau play enough to form a reliable opinion but the Isles esentially gave him up for the proverbial bag of pucks. 2. Corvo, while making ghastly mistakes is actually a pretty good skater and can make good passes. 3. I think he's OK on the point on the PP. 4. I think Claude would bench him if he thought Mottau was the better option (this may still happen).

Assuming Ference is healthy, there is no doubt that he is not one of the 6 best DMan on the team (I really like what I've seen from Zanon). Whether he is 7th or 8th best has yet to be determined.

...and with that said, I think the D corp has been brutal as a unit for the past 5 weeks, and that starts with big Z.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mattau or Corvo : He hasnt been awful  on the powerplay, albeit he has not performed to expectations.  I agree that is what keeps him on the ice (for now).  Im not sold on Rollston as the QB.  
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Neither am I although I originally thought that was one of the main reasons why PC picked Rolston up. Maybe if it was 2007-08 but he has done nothing so far when placde on the point by Claude.

What to do, what to do.