Max Pacioretty says he’s concussion symptom free

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Max Pacioretty says he’s concussion symptom free

Well, guess who lied?

All those protests? Air Canda, Molson, POLICE INVESTIGATIONS?

All because the Habs coach went public saying Pacioretty had a "severe concussion".

Now, a week later, he's symptom free? How does that happen?

All lies, just to get Chara suspended for the hit.

This makes me sick.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Max-Pacioretty-visits-Habs-says-he-s-concussion?urn=nhl-wp420

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Max Pacioretty says he’s concussion symptom free

I bet a co-worker he plays before the season ends.  "It's a miracle!!"  This guy heals faster than Ribeiro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll reserve judgement on the conspiracy, but it doesn't look good, does it?  Now, it doesn't diminish the fact the guy got hurt and that you don't want to see guys smash their heads and break their necks, but there's no way this guy ever had a severe concussion if he's symptom free and tweeting.  We know from hearing Bergeron's and Savard's stories that a severe concussion means a lot of time just lying in the dark - not focusing on a little phone screen and tapping out text messages.  So who told Jacques Martin that MP had a severe concussion?  Or did he add that on his own just assuming, from the force of the impact, that the guy must have a severe concussion?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Regardless of if he plays the season, the guy could have been killed with that hit.  Probably came closer to being paralyzed on the ice than any other accident we have ever witnessed.   No player, not even a Habs player, deserves to be in that situation.   The liar comments are ignorant and childish.

I am on the fence in the debate of if the severity and length of the injury should have an impact on the punishment.    The Chara hit was not a good example as I believe it was non-intentional, worng place/wrong time.    The Cooke hit, Pacioretty on Eakins (see YouTube) and other such hits to the head are the ones that need to be focused on.

You could take the exact same hit, in one case the player is out for a week, in the other he's out for a season.   Should the punishment be the same?   Repeat offender status should impact punishment, and ideally you'd like to see the person who gave the hit to be out as long as the victim, but when comparing to another identical hit, you also have to think the punishments should be the same.

I'm glad I don't make the decisions on suspensions!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Max Pacioretty says he’s concussion symptom free:
    Regardless of if he plays the season, the guy could have been killed with that hit.  Probably came closer to being paralyzed on the ice than any other accident we have ever witnessed.   No player, not even a Habs player, deserves to be in that situation.   The liar comments are ignorant and childish. I am on the fence in the debate of if the severity and length of the injury should have an impact on the punishment.    The Chara hit was not a good example as I believe it was non-intentional, worng place/wrong time.    The Cooke hit, Pacioretty on Eakins (see YouTube) and other such hits to the head are the ones that need to be focused on. You could take the exact same hit, in one case the player is out for a week, in the other he's out for a season.   Should the punishment be the same?   Repeat offender status should impact punishment, and ideally you'd like to see the person who gave the hit to be out as long as the victim, but when comparing to another identical hit, you also have to think the punishments should be the same. I'm glad I don't make the decisions on suspensions!
    Posted by Homebrew76

Must take exception to your position that MP "probably came closer to paralysis than any other accident we've witnessed".  Feel there have been many , far worse.  Guess that's just an opinion though.
    It's Martin's, and the Canadian's job to grandstand when one of theirs is on the wrong end of a major, misconduct, game penalty.  That's to be expected.  Teams always embellish things if it may work to their advantage.
    I, like many, smelled something fishy, when MP was tweeting, and making phone calls to the media....the next morning.  Wonder about the vertebrae thing.

Because of all the hoopla, if he is in fact symptom free.....he's dumb for admitting it.  This thing went far outside the hockey rink, and obviously, he wasn't "severly concussed" if he's symtom free now.  A lot of people, organizations, businesses, governments, law enforcement agencies, and organizations will be embarrassed if thats true.
    Crying wolf in the context of a hockey call is par for the course.  In the real world though....which is where this went.....it's a whole different thing.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

After faking it he deserves to be.....it was a clean hit, get over it. 

Regardless of if he plays the season, the guy could have been killed with that hit.  Probably came closer to being paralyzed on the ice than any other accident we have ever witnessed.   No player, not even a Habs player, deserves to be in that situation.   The liar comments are ignorant and childish. I am on the fence in the debate of if the severity and length of the injury should have an impact on the punishment.    The Chara hit was not a good example as I believe it was non-intentional, worng place/wrong time.    The Cooke hit, Pacioretty on Eakins (see YouTube) and other such hits to the head are the ones that need to be focused on. You could take the exact same hit, in one case the player is out for a week, in the other he's out for a season.   Should the punishment be the same?   Repeat offender status should impact punishment, and ideally you'd like to see the person who gave the hit to be out as long as the victim, but when comparing to another identical hit, you also have to think the punishments should be the same. I'm glad I don't make the decisions on suspensions!
    Posted by Homebrew76

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Once again, the habs are playing the victim. Yes MP is hurt, yes it was a brutal hit, yes he has a fracture ( at least for now until that is gone miraculously), but he is symptom free????? The habs have been forever crying and whining as a team and fan base and organization all crying wolf trying to get an advantage so they can win another cup like they feel they have a right. All the while they spear , chop at ankles spit and do anything behind the play to get a PP to change the momentum. Don't forget the mysterious "sand like" material last year in the playoffs that was in the runway from the Fliers' dressing room to the ice causing many skates to be dull. It was not there in the first period, but the Habs were losing so, hmmm where did it come from? Earlier this year Gionta smirked when asked about the dives and cheap shot and he said " it works" and "it's not a friendly game we play". What irks me is they entire Habs nation ADMITS this is how they play and the entire league knows it, yet they all pretend to be upstanding NHL players and organization all the while doing whatever it take, clean or not, to win games shamelessly. If MP recovers soon and plays before the end of the year there should be an investigation, period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If true then good for MP and hockey. The NHL does not need more commentary from the non-hockey media about the nature of hockey plays.  As for MP, the hope is for a quick recovery from the fracture.  His PCS status may change at any moment.  Remember Savard was to be PCS cleared for skating in last year's playoff.  As for Montreal, the club and players are no different than other teams in the league.  It amazes me though how arrogance can spread from one generatoin of teams to another.  As for Montreal rabid fans, call 911 to recind the injustice or better yet use the police to chase after Mesrine, he is still on the lose!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

Is he broken neck free also?

Habs/Bruins  3/24 next thursday in Boston! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

I will say this...He is either a really lucky son of a b*tch or he's a really lying son of a b*tch.

And lying could go both ways. He could be lying about being symptom free. Although how this would help Max I have no idea.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm glad Max is OK first off but too Books point "on the phone and tweeting" Hmmm very interesting. I've seen every John and Robert Kennedy conspiracy that the History channel has to offer so I'm done with "one shooters" but this quite miraculous to say the least.

Can't wait for the Montreal media spin. "Oh the rest of the world doesn't know about this wonderful cure we have up here in Quebec".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

If this is true:
    1) It is possible he/habs "embellished" the severity of the concussion
    2) It would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE for him to be symptom-free from a "severe" concussion in 1 weeks time so it was either mis-diagnosed or just a really bad headache as a result of a spinal fracture. (but I am not a doctor, wo what do I know?)

I am never happy to see a player get hury, regardless of who they are and what team they play for but let's face it folks.. the Habs have a documented history of diving/faking so this would NOT surprise me one bit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

How about this everyone:  I could care less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

For him to be free of symptoms after the head-mashing he experienced is amazing.  Only his doctors would know but if one were to observe the impacts displayed in the concussions by Savard, Crosby, those past blows suffered by Lindros, Primeau and Ron Francis and even the recent one that's sidelined Colton Orr, said to be from a fight, MP's perhaps looked the worst...but he displays no signs of that collision? Wow!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night when I heard this I said "no surprise"  when it first happened I posted here that he would only be diagnosed with a concussion and would be back.
    Well I was right on part of it. He'll back to playing hockey and good for him.
    As for the Media I'll go back to my original thread and that's if a player is hurt there is better chance of getting a suspension.  Let's leave it at that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

im not surprised to hear that..i posted on here the day after the incident to be very careful  with the sympathy for him as it could be a ploy to get chara suspended..they are what they are and ive learned over the fifty plus years that they are the scum of the earth ..loved what boudreau had to say...if it was gill on kreiji  no one would be protesting in habbyland....so true

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

watching the hit again, i notice max moves around initially and then completely freezes.  it's a shame he now has to wait almost an entire year for the oscar.

the sooner max is frolicking around montreal, the sooner the refs will stop punishing the b's.

i ran into keith jones last week in atlantic city and he said the hit wasn't a big deal and max should have known where he was at on the ice.       

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If he had a "severe" concussion, he wouldn't be symptom free a week later.  Too bad for Habs management that their word games didn't enhance Chara's suspension.

Does he really have a broken neck? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

I agre with the "who cares" point of view. Just thought I'd share a stat with everyone...just for interest's sake.
    Pacioretti has 14 goals this year. a "respectable" number I suppose. The ignorant Habs of course...played him up like they were losing Guy lafleur or something. Here's the interesting part. Loud-Mouthed/Tweeting Pacioretti has only SEVEN even strength goals!!! Fewer than Shawn Thornton!!(even tho MP gets TONS more ice time than Thornton)...anyone know why he was marched out onto the ice everytime Mtl had a PP???? Doesn't make any sense to me. What would we think if the first player over the boards was thornton, every time we went on the PP? Julien would be assassinated!
    Not completely related to your post davecarr.....but just interesting.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wonder if he's concussion free because he broke his neck?  The force might have broken there rather cause the whiplash effect that often enhances a concussion.  Same might be true with him being airborne.

I don't think Max faked anything, but someone has some 'splainin to do about how you mis-diagnose a severe vs. a mild concussion or no concussion. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

How about this everyone:  I could care less.
    Posted by nitch19

Or in English, I couldn't care less.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Ohhhhh no I can see it all now. First round of the playoffs they annoucne the lineup at the Bell Centre and out to a thunderous roar comes MP, faster than ever.

The refs look at the crowd like a deer in the headlights. No point in playing the game boys, We have seen this before.

How do you ovrercome this BS from MTL?

Go B's   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]How about this everyone:  I could care less.
    Posted by nitch19[/Q

In my opinion, best post of the discussion!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Fagoretty may be concussion free, but Habs fans are still a bunch of dicksuckking, gayass, homofaggots. Just saying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Of course he his symptoms free  I saw him boxing yesterday with my cousin...:)

Sections
Shortcuts