May I Ask A Question?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: May I Ask A Question?

Yeah you would think that they have learned from their mistakes but this team has a bad habit of repeating the same mistakes again and again.  Julien should have gave it to one player on the bench in front of the entire team to wake them up or call a time out, or change the goalie.  It was bad coaching once again by Julien unable to prevent the fall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This is who they are

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

CJ should have called a timeout after the 2nd goal to calm the team and the crowd...I guess some lessons are harder to learn than others but inorder to beat Tampa, you gotta play the full 60 mins. Playing hard for the first 20 won't cut it.

Hopefully the B's are watching videos on how to beat Mike Smith...I don't think we'll see Rolison for the rest of the series.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to May I Ask A Question?:
    [QUOTE]I usually don't post on weekends, but after steaming from last night's possible devastating defeat, why on earth does this team think they can stop skaing after 20 minutes against a desperate team, especially on the road??? Did I dream of the 3-0 collapse last year to the Flyers? Why did Marchand say that to the press?  Apparently, because it's true which is a very disturbing sign, in my opinion. Bench Kaberle and Chara needs to step up and lead this team.   Just a disgrace to see them quit on national tv. And fans wonder why the Bruins are a joke around the NHL??
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

RWTK - I couldn't agree with you more on Marchand's comment.  As honest as it is, I find it equally troubling especially in light of the Bruins performing in the same manner as recently as the third period of Game 2 where they allowed TB to storm back into the game and make it close.  They don't need to recall last year.  I'd imagine serious Cup-contending teams deliver the TKO when they have their opponent on the ropes and don't let them get their second wind.

Still, the club has shown both composure and resilience at times in these playoffs.  To a man, they must have returned home knowing they let go of their firm grip on the game.  I'm looking for both traits to be on display come Monday with a complete, three-period effort in a Bruin win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Thats what has be so down on this team it isnt they loss its they took 40 mins off in a an eastern conference finals game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question?:
    [QUOTE]Thats what has be so down on this team it isnt they loss its they took 40 mins off in a an eastern conference finals game!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

TB is a solid team but aside from the Game 1 stinker, it seems the Lightning have done their damage so far only when the Bruins have helped them by easing up in their own play. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Fans think a timeout have changed something in this game !??!?!?

With or without a timeout, Bruins would have lost anyway !

Fans always trying to find a wat to criticize Claude Julien.....Shame on the players ! Not on the coach !

Players must have know that the game was not finished at 3-0 after 1....No need for the coach to explain it !

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Fans think a timeout have changed something in this game !??!?!? With or without a timeout, Bruins would have lost anyway ! Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

Especially with that weaka$$ goaltending.

I'm shocked that Marchand said that, to be honest.  It was clear TB suddenly became more urgent, skated hard to the net, and the B's were on their heels.  But I would have characterized it as losing control of the game because the other team was flying, not because they "thought they had it wrapped up."  I wonder how many teammates agreed with Marchand's version?

That and the pylon in goal with a five hole big enough for a semitractor to drive through.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah you would think that they have learned from their mistakes but this team has a bad habit of repeating the same mistakes again and again.  Julien should have gave it to one player on the bench in front of the entire team to wake them up or call a time out, or change the goalie.  It was bad coaching once again by Julien unable to prevent the fall.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Timeout, yes, but more importantly, up 3-0 in the first intermission, the coach needed to enthusiastically challenge the team to win by no less than 6 goals. The focus should have been on winning 6-0. At least that's what I was yelling at the TV like a moron. I imagine the coach's focus was more on defense.

You have to think Marchand is getting close to producing something (as long as he stays on his skates which he's having an oddly difficult time doing)! Nathan Horton, this team needs you to step up, too.   

Best 1 out of 1 on Monday! Go Bs!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Fans think a timeout have changed something in this game !??!?!? With or without a timeout, Bruins would have lost anyway ! Fans always trying to find a wat to criticize Claude Julien.....Shame on the players ! Not on the coach ! Players must have know that the game was not finished at 3-0 after 1....No need for the coach to explain it !
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

Total team collapse, CJ shares blame with the players.  Did you think he coached a good game?  3-0 after the first period and then a total team collapse?  Everyone deserves a share of the blame with the exception of Bergeron who was fantastic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I was very annoyed watching that game collapse like the rest of you, but the reactions on here seem a bit over the top.  This is the ECF.  Both teams are good.  TB has knocked off the #1 and 4 seeds already.  They are going to make good plays and win games.  The Bruins are going to make mistakes.  It happened, and hopefully it will refocus them and they will win the next two.  If you think Julien should have embarassed a player in front of everyone when things were going bad, I would hate to work for you and you don't understand phycology very well.  CJ has had success because he has the players respect.  Being a jerk doesn't help that.  You should be hard on players when they are up, supportive when they are down.  And if you think the Bruins are the laughing stock of the league, that's really not true.  They're in the final four.  When the Bruins have come back this year, we don't say 'Oh man, the other team collapsed', we praise the Bruins for fighting.  TB faught back.  It's not the end of the world.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

here's my question....can all the overreactors stop overreacting? the answer to that one is obvious, nope. every loss, for 7 months, same song and dance "fire the coach, the players can't give a full effort"...how is it this team has gotten itself 2 wins from a cup final appearance- they NEVER skate a full 60 minutes, and their coach is trying to make them lose???? simply amazing!!! you want my breakdown of the series so far? like it or not here goes, gm 1 - tb scores 3 goals in 90 seconds. very evenly played game for the other 58 minutes and 30 seconds(1-1 w/o sh goal). gm 2- goal fest(pretty evenly played game-not much d on either side), gm 3- first real domination shown by either team- all b's, gm 4- b's come out strong, then the bolts have to play for their playoff lives at home(this is what's expected of a team in the conference final), and play super-desperate hockey. IT"S 2-2, best of 3, with home ice advantage! the sky is not falling- take a step back and look at it for what it is. instead of coming here to voice your knee-jerk reactions(been doing it since game one in prague), enjoy what's happening- 2 WINS from a stanley cup final. GO BRUINS!!!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Bruins are a joke around the league?  They are one of four teams still playing and are tied 2-2 in the series.  Does that mean that the 26 teams that are not playing anymore are bigger jokes?  Is Tampa just as big of a joke?

Relax.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm guessing all you nay-sayers expected to have 4 series sweeps on way to a cup? there is another team out there playing against them, that really wants to win also, you know. the bruins are 10-5 in the playoffs this year, so far. sorry they aren't 15-0, that would be totally realistic. think before you take all of that bottled up frustration, and spew garbage all over these boards. we should be used to it by now, been going on since october. see how old it is? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wonder if they (we) can look at it like this - the last time they gagged on a three goal lead, it took them almost a calendar year to get their revenge.  This time...Monday.  And I wonder if the Bruins can catch the T-Bags thinking they have this one in the bag now?

Three game series.  Two of the three in Boston.  The past?  Past.

Absolutely understand the frustration.  Thomas has to be better.  He has to play like a Vezina winner and refuse to lose.  The biggest thing I have to say - the biggest reason to think it's just reset time and not a slippery slope?  This team is strangely resilient given their penchant for weird collapses.  They seem able to separate the past from each new game.  If they can do that, then this really was one of 7 games that will determine the EC rep for the finals - no more, no less.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This is who they are
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Interesting you refer to the team as "we" after a win and "they" after a loss. I'm sure you'll be the driving the bandwagon after Boston makes the finals.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone saying blowing a 3 goal lead and seeing the team literally quit in front of your eyes in a Conf Finals is nothing to worry about, has a screw loose.  The Bolts have outplayed Boston in 3 of the 4 games.  That's a problem.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It's only a problem if they lose the series IMO...nobody said they were perfect, no team is.  I prefer to look at their entire body of work before passing judgement, anything less is a knee jerk reaction.  The team deserves at least that much from us.  If they win the series, will anyone be talking about game 4?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

RWTK...you do realize they are playing against a REAL GOOD team, right? it's not like they are TIED in a 7 game series with the rochester americans. the series is exactly where it should be, 2-2. gm 1 - definitely to tb(although it was closer than the score represented), game 2 -definitely to b's ( dominated 1st even though down 2-1, 5 goal 2nd), gm 3 - definitely to b's (complete domination), gm 4 - definitely to tb (b's were tied going into 3rd- had a shot at that one)- this whole, overly dramatic "quit in front of your eyes"- is a bit much. bruins scored 3, tb scored 3, they got the winner in the 3rd. nothing more nothing less. tb had to let the flood gates open, their playoff lives were on the line, and they responded accordingly. give a little credit where credit is due. believe it or not, the bruins are trying to win, sorry they could not sweep, just to make you happy.   

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

RWTK...nobody here as far as i've read, is saying the bruins are a lock to win anything. we just prefer to be positive. you seem to have a hard time dealing with things that happened last year. this is 2011. best of 3 series for a spot in the finals! did you think tb was going to roll over and die? i didn't, if they did i would have to question that teams character. but you see, to question a teams resolve, that is one of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs is FOOLISH.  i would expect a great game from them tonight. BUT brace yourself, IF they lose tonight(hate to utter such negativity), thet still are in it. they really are. i know you'll have counted them out- along with many others. i kills me to hear knee-jerk reactions like "they quit out there". did you watch the game? it was tied going into the 3rd period. isn't that a good road game? a tied game going into the 3rd on the road can hardly be percieved as quitting. quitting is getting blown out. some fans are such drama queens- blow everything out of proportion. funny stuff