May I Ask A Question?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: May I Ask A Question?

how do you "blow a series", that started 1-1, and now is 2-2? no matter how the bruins lose, they always seem to "blow it". how does that work?? the team they are tied with, knocked of the pens after being down 3-1, then beat the #1 seed caps in a sweep! give the opposition some credit. there's a reason they are in the conference finals also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

It flat out sucks.  I felt like our faith was rewarded just a game before, too...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

boston bruin fan's diagram of a loss: a) lose to a team with lesser record= how can they not beat a bottom dweller! b)lose to a team with a better record= they just can't compete with the top teams in the league! c) lose without ever having the lead= got blown out! d) lose after having the lead= they quit! at no point is ANY credit given to the team they play. bruins suck that's it, way not to overreact. above all, after ANY loss- FIRE THE COACH!!!!- as that seems to have been the problem all along- how in the world did they get as far as they have, with clode behind the bench??? simply amazing  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think the real spin lies in your "i have a hard time dealing with 39 years of ineptitude..." don't ya think? i'm sure the interview you wanted to hear, went something like this..."they are just too good, we can't skate with these guys"...what do you think they are going to say? reminds me of someone earlier in the playoffs(flyers series), that was nervous, because of an interview clode did.  they mean nothing, i don't watch or listen to them. they mean nothing, they give people things to talk about, that's it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

People need to quit Sugar-Coating this Lose!!

Boston scored 3 goals in the 1st period. Those goals were not exactly highlight reel goals. They pulled Rollie for a reason.

To come out in the second with a full 2 min penalty and not put a quality effort in on TB back-up goaltender informed TB that Boston was going to sit back and see what TB can bring. TB brought it, in the form of 3 goals in less than 5 mins.

Really! Do you not think TB can play better than they have and Dominate the Bruins? Lets face it, Boston has really played well but I believe TB has more in the tank to hand out.

To sum it all up - Boston Blew That Chance!! They may not get another chance in a long time. It has been 39yrs. They should not have given TB the opportunity to even make Game 4 a game after the first period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question?:
    [QUOTE]boston bruin fan's diagram of a loss: a) lose to a team with lesser record= how can they not beat a bottom dweller! b)lose to a team with a better record= they just can't compete with the top teams in the league! c) lose without ever having the lead= got blown out! d) lose after having the lead= they quit! at no point is ANY credit given to the team they play. bruins suck that's it, way not to overreact. above all, after ANY loss- FIRE THE COACH!!!!- as that seems to have been the problem all along- how in the world did they get as far as they have, with clode behind the bench??? simply amazing  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Great post. Curious to where all these people were during the past 9 games. Yes, the Bs gave away that game. Yes, TT is human. Just stop acting like the season and series is over after every game and act like every misstep is an affirmation that they suck. I'm sure you all thought it was over after being down 2-0 vs. Montreal and before the Montreal and Philadelphia series even started.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

lord byron....we'll stop sugar-coating it, when you stop acting like it's the end of the world! as soon as you mentioned 39 YEARS- that said all there is to say, concerning your outlook on the bruins. so sad, stop living in the past, ENJOY the FACT that the bruins have a best of 3, for a spot in the final. nothing more, nothing less  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

RWTK, throwing out the little girl comparisons? I've heard nagging wives that are easier to listen to then the constant barrage of "fire CJ, fire PC, give away TT" threads that are found here.

It's pretty funny that you whine, then adk whines, and then you call him a girl.

Hey pot, it's me kettle.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Marchand's honest comment described what we all saw.  The Bruins thought they had the game won and perhaps even subconsciously strayed from the hustle and determination that got them the lead in the first place. 

True, the timing couldn't have been worse but I think it will serve as a cold bucket of water in the collective faces of the team.  If they needed a reminder of what can happen when the effort nosedives and what it takes to win, they got one big-time. 

I doubt they needed the coaches to tell them what happened.  We didn't read a lot of "I can't explain it." discourse from the Bruins since and why should we?  The players know what went wrong.  We'll see a more consistent effort tonight and they'll win as a result.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The good thing is that Saturday's game has no bearing on tonight's. 

What scares me though is that we haven't heard from Stamkos, Lacavelier and St. Louis yet.  I hope they don't start making noise tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's all good, just RWTK resorting to his MO. call someone a name, then state how what you think is right, and all others are stupid/crazy/insecure(this ia a favorite).  how probable was it that the b's would score 3 in the first? about the same as tb scoring 3 in the 2nd. wouldn't you say? melodramatic to say the least. sorry the bruins aren't following your script, on how to win a stanley cup. go back and read my "diagram of a bruins loss"- see if it sounds familiar. funny, i'm haven't whined or cried about anything, i'm trying to look at it for what it is, tied 2-2. you guys are the ones whining, "they quit", "how could they do this", ect.- PLEASE(notice i posted w/o calling names RWTK)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question? : How do you know that?  I don't know that. I'd like to think so, but we have no idea.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The team that plays better tonight wins.  Doesn't matter what either team did yesterday, last week or last month.  It's all on tonight.  There is no looking back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question? : I hope you are correct.  It's just disturbing seeing it in May and then hearing their comments. These guys need to ask if they want to win and if they have what it takes. Based on period 2, the answer is currently "no".
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

RWTK - I hear you.  I'm not going to lie.  I didn't want the first period to end because I feared the Bruins would leave their jump back in the locker room.  I doubt I was the only one as we've seen them do it before.   

It is curious as to how this performance could manifest itself now with the stakes so massive.  I posted a few days ago an explanation from former Panther, Columbus and TB exec Doug Maclean who said when teams bust out to a big lead early, all they see is the score.  They don't recognize the drop-off in the effort that got them there.  Add an already quality club like TB now given their second life and the Bruins were, as Julien aptly stated "paralyzed."  

Maclean said it's tough to kick it back into a higher gear to stem the tide you've given to the other team because although in your mind you've acknowledged the momentum shift, your body often can't respond due to the fear of making a mistake that will end up in the net behind the now shaky goaltender. 

I'm not excusing the Bruins for Saturday, buddy.  Just passing along something I heard last week.  Tonight the club will atone for Game 4. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question? : The team that plays better tonight wins.  Doesn't matter what either team did yesterday, last week or last month.  It's all on tonight.  There is no looking back.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  This is why I don't understand folks who dredge up what happened in 2001 or whatever.  They have no bearing on the result tonight. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think you mistake "casual bruins fan attitude", for someone who has perspective. you know, not blowing everything out of proportion, being overly dramatic. btw, my heroes are my parents. you're the one who's daily mood is affected by strangers playing a game, not mine! and as far as "have you ever played competitive sports" comment... i was a nys wrestling champion in 1992, and have coached several athletes that won state titles. still coaching, still playing men's league hockey. any more questions? i prefer to accentuate the positives in life(seems to have worked so far), instead of dwelling on the negatives. you should try it, it'll add years to your life.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

This whole thread is a whine and you're both whining. Not that I don't see that Tampa has all the momentum, but the Bs had all the momentum for games 2 and 3. Giving it back in game 4 doesn't mean that it's over or that they can't take it back just as easily.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rU-Qu1313A&feature=related

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nrguy...what part of my post could possibly be percieved as "whining"? i'm really curious. i'm trying to be positive in a sea of negativity, that's "whining"?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]nrguy...what part of my post could possibly be percieved as "whining"? i'm really curious. i'm trying to be positive in a sea of negativity, that's "whining"?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Complaining about other people's whining can be perceived as whining. That's all. You're the Dude, he's Walter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if that's the case, i'll leave them to whine by themselves. i'd rather surround myself with good vibes, it's game day. the b's need all the positive energy they can get!!! i expect a great game, one step closer to a stanley cup!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts