Maybe the B's should write a letter to the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Re: Maybe the B's should write a letter to the league

The old Bruins are back...they are the chokers we expected them to be last year. This year they are delivering in spades...thankfully the season mercifully comes to an end tomorrow. Cant say the same for the Red Flops. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Save the paper for the long offseason wish list, goal scorer, pp coach etc.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I think the B's are a better team but getting out worked...that is a tough one to swallow. We have seen long stretches of this type of hockey from the B's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

So they call it on Pouliot but don't call the trip on Kelly the prior game? Kelly trip was much worse. You can make a lot of excuses for the loses, from bad calls to missed calls. Fact is Bruins are just not playing well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It happens, gotta kill the penalty.

Geaux Tigers, you are a dou*he bag. Hindsight tells us all the series is not easy, want a cookie?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe the B's should write a letter to the league:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe the B's should write a letter to the league : Thanks for the post. You're right that many fans like the easy way out and blame the refs. Unlike football NHL refs don't call the rulebook on iffy calls late in a game that is tied,  to the team that is losing and in OT.  Agree or disagree with this it's the way it's always and mostly been called. So now, if you have two refs , that only only missed the crosscheck by Semin and then scores the 1st goal of the game , they call a borderline slash on a tied game .   Yes they applied the rulebook no matter what point in the game then why didn't they apply the interference rule on the Caps just before they score the game winning goal ? That's what is so frustrating, no consistency in their logic !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion....
    While I understand your frustration..... I also dislike blaming it on the refs.... as my daughter said to me at the end of the game.... "DAD the bruins lost that game when the caps figured out what the refs would allow".  SHE is right.... the refs were allowing certain things to go uncalled.  On the Semin call Zannon is knocked to the ice just before the goal with a small cross check while Corvo is injured.  Then Semin reaches around him grabs the puck and fires it in.
    At several points (as you watch in slow motion -DVR) you can watch while the CAPS players take their hand off their stick and grab a jersey of stick of the Bruins player.... these were apparently deemed minor enough for the game to go on. It happens several times, especially behind or around Holtby.  SO the CAPS figured out what would be okay.... as far as I am concerned Pouliots penalty was the league saying it desired Parity.  This were love taps and did not even take the caps player off stride.  SO as far as I am concerned although it met the rule book, it should have gone uncalled (at that point in the game).  There are several dozen cases of interference on both teams that have gone uncalled.... numerous crosschecks- uncalled.... numerous slashes uncalled.... and late in a vital game.... they call two taps.... it was not overhand... it did not take the player off stride.....   They did not call a penalty on a play when Boychuck and Chinera were on the ice behind Holtby and Chimera kept tuggin Boychuck back to the ice, until he got punched by boychuk, then they both went to the bin.... It was a good 10 seconds with no call.... no holding.... even though the ref was less than 10 feet away watching for the chippiness.   CHARA was taken down and hit in the head on that one play....NO CALL.... he goes back after OVIE..... CALL!!!!

Plenty of calls were missed on both sides....NO EXCUSE.... This team has not played like they wanted to keep playing.  They had better put on their big boy pants..... and get out there...or they willbe blown off the ice today.... just like they blew the CANUCKS off the ice in game 7 last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good points FenwayChuck,  I cringe everytime  have complain about the refs,  I hate blaming it on officiating but I hate more a game decided by officiating . That's what happened yesterday no matter whom got the call.

9 times out of 10 when there's an iffy call like that they even it out.  Hate it or love it that's the NHL for you. The refs had the perfect chance to even it out when Wideman interfered with Paille . 
    It's frustrating because it's the only professional sport that the refs decide what the rulebook is on th fly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE CAPITALS FANS.... Bruins lost.  You cannot blame the refs, or anyone else but the players.  
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]
    Exactly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing wrong with the Bs.  Really.  The Caps are just better right now.   At this point in time .   How difficult is that to comprehend? But, they will need that "Savard 90+ points" PP guy.  Is Seguin it?   Dunno.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Sure they are because they're able to score on wrist shots from practically ANYWHERE and getting juicy rebounds on shots that have an arc on them. The Caps are getting better goaltending. That is all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

The refs have been horrible.   But it's simple:  the Bruins need to play better.  They need to score more, play better defense and stop the puck.  Simple. 

Just win, baby!