Maybe we really need a forward?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Maybe we really need a forward?

Lines 1 and 4 are carrying this team. 2 and 3 basically take up space and are made up of useful special teams players. When 5 on 5, lines 1 and 4 can be counted on to carry the play and be effective on the significant majority of nights. The other two lines, however, I basically expect nothing from going into the game. It's sad but true.

Bergeron-Wheeler-Recchi never seem to have any consistent control and when they do it's on the perimeter or odd-man rush (which means a lot of play in their own zone). Savard's made some questionable decisions and has looked rusty but is coming around, while Ryder and Seguin seem just off for other reasons. I have more hope for this line than the Bergeron trio.

Even if we need a forward, I can't see how PC will swing it. Lot of fixed contracts up front(at least for this year) and a rather extreme mix of franchise pieces and valueless assets. Only real moveable pieces are Wheeler, Marchand,Thornton, and Campbell. Maybe time for Wheeler to be packaged up? Or do we go for a d-man?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Maybe we really need a forward?

And hey !! What ever became of Nathan Horton!! Bruins need their top players to play better on the forward lines.. When Krejci and Savard and Bergeron are not getting points on a consistant basis this team will struggle..

Time to fire that pathetic Geoff Ward off the PP, PLEASE!!!  I have not seen a worse PP in a long time... No shots on goal in two straight PP's tonite..and the one they scored on was the only shot they had at the net.. Give me a break!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe we really need a forward?:
    [QUOTE]And hey !! What ever became of Nathan Horton!! Bruins need their top players to play better on the forward lines.. When Krejci and Savard and Bergeron are not getting points on a consistant basis this team will struggle.. Time to fire that pathetic Geoff Ward off the PP, PLEASE!!!  I have not seen a worse PP in a long time... No shots on goal in two straight PP's tonite..and the one they scored on was the only shot they had at the net.. Give me a break!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Exactly, i don't think i saw Horton throw a check or take a shot all night. The guy has a rocket of a shot, why doesn't he use it ? Lucic had a couple bad giveaways and of course the usual one goal in off a Bruin by the Hab's is just a killer.The penalty shot in my view was just a plain old hooking penalty , nothing more..But then again maybe i'm a homer . HeH, HeH .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]And hey !! What ever became of Nathan Horton!! Bruins need their top players to play better on the forward lines.. When Krejci and Savard and Bergeron are not getting points on a consistant basis this team will struggle.. Time to fire that pathetic Geoff Ward off the PP, PLEASE!!!  I have not seen a worse PP in a long time... No shots on goal in two straight PP's tonite..and the one they scored on was the only shot they had at the net.. Give me a break!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE
    Geoff Ward has NOTHING to do with the PP! It's Doug Jarvis. He was brought in because when he was with Montreal they had one of the best pp. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Did Horton even play tonight ?

Bruins gave up a first round pick and your leading playoff scorer for that ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

HABS WIN !  BRUINS LOSE !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

On the other hand, did Chara even play tonight ?

Maybe you really need a defenseman too ?

Wideman has more points than Chara this year...

Why doesn't Chiapet give up a first round pick to get him back too ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe we really need a forward? : [QUOTE]And hey !! What ever became of Nathan Horton!! Bruins need their top players to play better on the forward lines.. When Krejci and Savard and Bergeron are not getting points on a consistant basis this team will struggle.. Time to fire that pathetic Geoff Ward off the PP, PLEASE!!!  I have not seen a worse PP in a long time... No shots on goal in two straight PP's tonite..and the one they scored on was the only shot they had at the net.. Give me a break!! Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE Geoff Ward has NOTHING to do with the PP! It's Doug Jarvis. He was brought in because when he was with Montreal they had one of the best pp. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I had high hopes that Jarvis would instill in his players the same work ethic he had as a player (possibly the best work ethic in the history of the game, with the record to prove it) but I don't see it. Hpefully he figures out that may be the way he can most contribute to this team - if every player on this squad played with the same determination and stamina that Jarvis did during his time on the ice the Bruins would be the team to beat and a sight to see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Missing Wideman is obviously hurting this team. Many of our reactionary fans who have no hockey insight were so quick to get rid of him. I would actually take that trade back. Whats the point of having Horton, if there is no puck moving dman to get him the puck.  THE DEFENSE IS THE PROBLEM OF THIS TEAM, NOT OUR FORWARDS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]On the other hand, did Chara even play tonight ? Maybe you really need a defenseman too ? Wideman has more points than Chara this year... Why doesn't Chiapet give up a first round pick to get him back too ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Your like a little annoying mosquito that keeps buzzing by our ears. What team do you even root for, Buffalo????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wrong Nitemare, Ward gives all the instructions as noted last night. Actually, as posted much earlier the potential fix is in Providence. Trade Wheeler for a young defenseman; then bring back Caron for Bergeron's right wing; then replace Thornton with Recchi, put Thornton on the shelf or in Providence; bring up Arneil to replace Wheeler. Give Ryder a shot in the rear and you then have= Kreji's line[ Horton needs some stimulus, but, Claude cannot reach him]; Savvy's line which played better last night as Savvy played better; Arneil/Bergeron/Caron, Caron knows what to do and Arneil will love those Bergie feeds and passes; then with Recchi on the 4th line his smarts will avoid the blunders Thornton makes. As a final observation:: Seids and Kamfer played solid together, so Claude breaks them up and puts Kamfer with Chara. Does this mean that Boychuck and Ference are no longer good for Chara?? Kamfer, who read off of Seidenberg very well, has no clue as to what Chara will do, and joins all the forwards waiting to have Chara decide how to proceed before sending a looong pass that ends up, more frequently, as icing. Is this coaching 101 or what??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

If they want to make the playoffs maybe they should find Miroslav Satan's phone number......pathetic

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Lines 2 and 3 basically take up space and are made up of useful special teams players" Good analysis DC!

Montreal is a much quicker, faster and peskier team. They are going to run circles around the Bruins unless Chiarelli jettisons some space takers on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Seriously think of how inconsistent those mid lines really are when you envision Bruins games you've watched. Teams in the East are getting healthier and the Bs are going to end up playing Wash., Pittsburgh, Montreal or Philly in the first round then it will be one and done unless they get more consistent scoring from their wingers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

We nned a puck moving defenseman to create more chancses and set up the forward.  Chara can't do it, he's too lanky.  Wideman did it pretty good, but he was a defensive liablity.  We nned someone who can skate well through the zone and also plays D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"Lines 2 and 3 basically take up space and are made up of useful special teams players" Good analysis DC! Montreal is a much quicker, faster and peskier team. They are going to run circles around the Bruins unless Chiarelli jettisons some space takers on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Seriously think of how inconsistent those mid lines really are when you envision Bruins games you've watched. Teams in the East are getting healthier and the Bs are going to end up playing Wash., Pittsburgh, Montreal or Philly in the first round then it will be one and done unless they get more consistent scoring from their wingers.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Bergeron-Rex-wheeler were far better than simply taking up space last game.Ironic that lines 2 and 3 got the even strength goals last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Dez, we don't have a player on lines 2 or 3 (or 4, but that's not their job) who can be consistently counted on to score. Bergy and Savard are playmakers and are legit talents, but they won't ever produce offense by themselves and need someone to play with. The problem is that Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi, and Seguin are inconsistently effective. If we don't split up Lucic and Horton (who I don't understand the animosity for on this thread??), then we need a forward who can play in the offensive zone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, we don't have a player on lines 2 or 3 (or 4, but that's not their job) who can be consistently counted on to score. Bergy and Savard are playmakers and are legit talents, but they won't ever produce offense by themselves and need someone to play with. The problem is that Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi, and Seguin are inconsistently effective. If we don't split up Lucic and Horton (who I don't understand the animosity for on this thread??), then we need a forward who can play in the offensive zone.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I agree on splitting up that line and spreading the wealth.I'd like to see a Bergeron-Seguin-Lucic line with Campbell playing checking center and maybe Wheeler as 4th line center.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Nitemare, Ward is the PP coach

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe we really need a forward? : I agree on splitting up that line and spreading the wealth.I'd like to see a Bergeron-Seguin-Lucic line with Campbell playing checking center and maybe Wheeler as 4th line center.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

What line is Savard on? Under that scenario we'd have Krejci,Bergeron, Campbell, and Wheeler at C.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]If they want to make the playoffs maybe they should find Miroslav Satan's phone number......pathetic
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

I would assume that all of the GM's in the NHL and KHL have Satan's number.  Interesting that he still is not playing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

i totally agree 100%

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Finding two number 1 goalies too expensive, the Montreal Canadiens pulled the trigger early on Halak and are reaping the benefits now. Why is CC sitting on 
    2 number one goalies ($7 mil cap) when we so desperately need a top 3 D that can consistently create offensive opportunities for our talented forwards and 
    contirbute offensively as well.

Everything else is just jibberish and takes attention away from what truly ails the Bruins! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]On the other hand, did Chara even play tonight ? Maybe you really need a defenseman too ? Wideman has more points than Chara this year... Why doesn't Chiapet give up a first round pick to get him back too ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Now that's dumb on your part.  Wideman 1 point more not points with a game more.
    So PC got for Wideman , Campbell and Horton and rigt now combined they are smoking your Wideman.  Sure you'll say but they got a draft pick also ,  can we say it's a non-factor right now ?  They traded the Bruins pick .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Did Horton even play tonight ? Bruins gave up a first round pick and your leading playoff scorer for that ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! HABS WIN !  BRUINS LOSE !

the bruins management have said that seguin will not play in the world juniors....bye bye

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Who cares about that ?

Seguin would have likely been cut from Team Canada again this year ?

I am here until the World Juniors are over, and Canada wins another Gold medal...

Heck, I will still listen in after that if I need a good larf...

Maybe the Bruins really need a new owner, a new coach, a GM who knows what they are doing, etc., etc.