Maybe...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Maybe...

Maybe it's time for the Bruins to strategically rest several key players. Bergeron's scoring has disappeared for two games, Chara needs to be fresh for the stretch, Recchi needs the rest at his age too. A game off might help Krejci recover too. If they just happened to sit these players against Buffalo, and lost it would also put the Sabre's 7 pointa over the Leafs and firmly in lottery position.

Just a thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Maybe...

Bergeron had a goal and an assist two games ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

is it april already wow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

It isn't April yet but I do think you have some merit.  I wouldn't be adverse to bringing up Paille for a few games to rest Rex .  And same goes for a "maintenance" rest for a few players like Bergy or Krejci.  Same goes for a D core.  They block alot of shots and wouldn't hurt to bring up Bart and rest Sides for a game or 2 ...of course these guys are pro athletes...but they aren't robots.  It could be wise to use Paille to rest some players .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and skate who...paille...yikes! the only player that needs rest is TT, i think tuukka will start tonite. he needs to have a solid effort to build confidence. i hope the boys bring their skating legs tonite and give him alot of support. the second place team in the NE may not make the playoffs- can't take any nites off

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If the Bs goal is to make and go deep into the playoffs a maintenance day every once in awhile would help to acheive that goal, but i doubt bergeron, chara or any healthy B would want that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Its only January...the only player who may need a rest is Recchi, so id like to see them call up Caron for a few games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

The last thing you want to do is rest Recchi. The only way he keeps ready to play is usage. You ice him and he might not make it back. Seriously, a guy that age must keep playing or time off might be a permanent thing. Did you see that assist on Lucic's goal. That was a thing of beauty, and the only way he makes that outside run is by playing him regularly. 

And yes, we are still in January not April. Keep the Bus rolling. Send 4 lines out like always, and everything will be good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

I thought Paille had some really promising games.  After his tussle with Carkner in the Ottawa game, he played like a man possessed the following two games.  Did no one else notice that?  Especially in the Philly game, he was very effective along the low wall.

The only guy I think NEEDS a rest is Recchi.

But you can't sit Rex right now.  He had a great game Tuesday.  Its a shame too, because Paille's old team is sweet motivation for him...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

some of you are smoking something 2 points lost now are two points less at season's end and could take at least 4 games to recover.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

The time to rest is after you clinch your playoff spot or after the season ends. Right now would risk disaster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

This is too important of a week to rest key guys. With the Habs injurys we could really do some damage this week, Starting tonight with Buffalo. Maybe start to close on the gap for first in the east.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

maybe against a team like Ottawa, who is tied with Toronto in order to help our lottery chances in June.  It would be in Boston's long-term best interest to have Ottawa leapfrog Toronto in the standings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

IMO this is a pretty valid point...maybe a little soon right now but it should be thought of around game 65-70.
    We all heard of all the injuries to Bruins after their (insert lump in throat here) loss to the Flyers last season- a bit of preventative maintenance could go a long way (into the playoffs that is)...

BBB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

CJ does a good job of resting players on off days by having optional skates and giving maintenance days in between games. He's said before that it's a long season, which is why he does that. No pro player will take a game off to rest, except a goalie, and even then, guys like Thomas, Brodeur and Luongo would play every single game if they were allowed. As niftybear said above, the time to rest players is once you've clinched a playoff spot near the very end of the season, and then after the playoffs they can rest all they want.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe...:
    The last thing you want to do is rest Recchi. The only way he keeps ready to play is usage. You ice him and he might not make it back. Seriously, a guy that age must keep playing or time off might be a permanent thing. Did you see that assist on Lucic's goal. That was a thing of beauty, and the only way he makes that outside run is by playing him regularly.  And yes, we are still in January not April. Keep the Bus rolling. Send 4 lines out like always, and everything will be good.
    Posted by perrysound

Totally agree....Rigamortis will set in if he sits for too long....Its a fine line with a guy that old, but then again, he should know by now whats best for his body, playing in the NHL all these years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe...:
    In Response to Re: Maybe... : Totally agree....Rigamortis will set in if he sits for too long....Its a fine line with a guy that old, but then again, he should know by now whats best for his body, playing in the NHL all these years.
    Posted by bgrif008

Rigamortis, how perfect! 
    :-)

I'm a few years older than Recchi, and I know if I don't keep my squash game up, I drop off so fast it is scary. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Everyone except for Thomas, Chara, and Seguin are going to have a few days off a week from now.  I don't think that anyone who is not injured should sit tonight, although it might be a good idea to limit the ice time of a few guys if the Bruins open up a big lead early in the game.

Sections
Shortcuts