MBTA and Bruins parade - were you left behind?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCNewsEditor. Show BDCNewsEditor's posts

MBTA and Bruins parade - were you left behind?

We’re hearing reports that some people were unable to attend today's Bruins victory parade because the MBTA didn’t have enough trains on the subway and commuter rail lines. Let us know if you were left behind and share your story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: MBTA and Bruins parade - were you left behind?

I hear it's worse trying to get a train out of the city afterwards, so if you couldn't make it in this morning, you're better off right now!  My daughter is in there and as of 2:30 PM she hasn't been able to get near a train.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

That stinks. I remember when I went to the Celtics parade it was fairly smooth. Anybody here what the crowd was? The 2004 Red Sox one was between 3.2 and 3.5 million. I think the Pats second parade was the second biggest, then the Red Sox 2007. Anybody here what the estimate was?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ahammerhead. Show ahammerhead's posts

I would say the T had plenty of trains. We got to N. Quincy station at 10 a.m. and had to wait for the 3rd train as the first trains were full. Each train was only a few minutes behind the last. The 3rd train had plenty of room and they announced that at the station before it arrived. After the rally, we walked to S. Station, got on the first train and was back to N. Quincy station at 1p.m. Good work MBTA.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: MBTA and Bruins parade - were you left behind?:
    I would say the T had plenty of trains. We got to N. Quincy station at 10 a.m. and had to wait for the 3rd train as the first trains were full. Each train was only a few minutes behind the last. The 3rd train had plenty of room and they announced that at the station before it arrived. After the rally, we walked to S. Station, got on the first train and was back to N. Quincy station at 1p.m. Good work MBTA.   
    Posted by ahammerhead

Hopefully they put a few extra bucks in your paycheck this week for that comment!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

This story can be used any day of the week, no surprise the couldnt handle it today, they can handle their job on any given day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from plgrm22. Show plgrm22's posts

Unfortunately my family was not able to get on any trains from Mansfield.  MBTA ran two trains but they were packed.  That tells me there were a lot of other people from Sharon, Canton, etc that didn't make it in either.  Huge disappointment.  I know it was a big crowd, but the when the city of Boston and the MBTA continuously tell you to take the T, then they should anticipate ginormous crowds...especially on a Saturday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IHateManning. Show IHateManning's posts

I made it in no problem but I did see people getting left behind. I wasnt so lucky getting out. I ended up having to take a cab from Boston to Attelboro

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

I made it in no problem but I did see people getting left behind. I wasnt so lucky getting out. I ended up having to take a cab from Boston to Attelboro
    Posted by IHateManning

Wow that must've hurt your wallet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefflove. Show stefflove's posts

We couldn't board the first commuter train and waited 30 minutes before the
    2nd train came but it didn't stop for anyone!!  It was very frustrating since we were told to take the MBTA for the parade.  We ended up driving to Brookline and walking to Mass Ave.  You live and learn never to trust the public transportation!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Thats why we got to the train by 7am, better safe than sorry. We pulled out our chairs after the parade wrapped up at Copley Square, sat around, and enjoyed watching the crowd disperse with a coupe of drinks. After about an hour we walked back a few stations, and watched as people packed into traims like sardines. After 3 trains we packed in. Good news is I got felt up. Bad news is that is was by an old man :x

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IHateManning. Show IHateManning's posts

In Response to Re: MBTA and Bruins parade - were you left behind? : Wow that must've hurt your wallet.
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus

Indeed it did

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Thats why we got to the train by 7am, better safe than sorry. We pulled out our chairs after the parade wrapped up at Copley Square, sat around, and enjoyed watching the crowd disperse with a coupe of drinks. After about an hour we walked back a few stations, and watched as people packed into traims like sardines. After 3 trains we packed in. Good news is I got felt up. Bad news is that is was by an old man :x
    Posted by davecarr

Too funny. Hopefully next time it's a hot chick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Not supprising; they said the number of people attending the parade exceeded every other victory parade.  Guess Boston is a Hockey Town.

Sections
Shortcuts