McGratton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Re: McGratton

Agreed.... I think Thorny needs a few nights off, and now that Philly has picked up Matt Walker, McGratts should get some spot duty.....

I realize everyone here is concerned about taking some O out of the lineup, but Rags, Philly etc will do that for us if we don't keep enough toughness in there .....and Thorts just isn't enough.... he came out of the gate strong but the season is wearing him down

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Walker was in Philly all year but was injured. 

I don't think Gratts will be used once this year unless there is an injury. 
    Campy/Stuart/Chara/MCQuad/Thorton/Lucic.  If that isnt enough we are in trouble.  Philly has no one that we should be concerned about.  Shelley is their heavy weight. Thorton is ours.  After that Walker/Carcillo "et al" can be handled by the above noted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Shelley has beaten no one this year except Thorny.... And Philly is deeper than that ( Van Rym..., O'D, Hartnell )... Was not aware Walker has been there all year

You mention Chara and Looch, as one reasonably should, but they seem immune from any heavy lifting these days... I think a few spot games make sense, puts the message out that he's there if necessary.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Van Riemsdyk doesn't fight.  As mentioned above, we should have enough guys to get the job done and hopefully enough talent to win the game.  If McGratton is ever in the lineup, Thornton should be out.  Philly has too much talent to worry about their thugs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I love hockey fights, but when last I checked Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit, etc did not win the Stanley Cup based on the number of fighters they had in the lineup.  Team toughness is great, and we have that in spades.  You don't only lose offense if you put McGratton in, you lose defense.  He's like a huge pilon on the ice.  Awesome fighter, terrible player.  He'll stay in the minors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

I think i would really just like to see this guy play a few games. See him kick some @#$ and send him back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Happy to have him in the system but don't need him.

Chicago 38 majors last year with Hossa the lone major in playoffs.
    Pits 40 majors in 09 and 7 in the playoffs.
    Detroit 21 majors in 08 and 1 in the playoffs.
    Anaheim 71 majors in 07 and 5 in playoffs.
    Carolina 17 majors in 06 and 1 in playoffs.
    Tampa Bay 45 majors in 04 and 7 in playoffs.
    New Jersey 42 majors in 03 and 2 in playoffs.
    Detroit 23 majors in 02 and 0 in the playoffs.
    Colorado 46 majors in 01 and 4 in the playoffs.
    New Jersey 49 majors in 2000 and 2 in the playoffs.
    Dallas 36 majors in 99 and 1 in the playoffs.
    Detroit 35 majors in 98 and 0 in the playoffs.

This shows that teams do fight in season, some do in playoffs, but it reduces drastically because of the importance of each game and an extra penalty in playoffs can be the cause of elimination.  But it does not in any means show that teams are not ready or armed with the players to stand up for their mates when need be.  It is also does not show that penalties after the first round decrease as the 'let them play attitude' comes out and infractions almost don't exist even blatant ones unless they are too many men calls(LOL).

So you can arm yourself, but you better be careful when you shoot.

By the by- Thorn played for Anaheim had 19pmins a major and game misconduct while getting his ring.  Seems like he has the mindset to know when it is time and not time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To the people who think McGrattan should take a turn for the Boston Bruins:

Have you ever seen the man skate?  He makes Thornton look like Teemu Selanne circa 1993.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

what reasonable person would want a bum like this on their team. let him die a slow death in the AHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: McGratton:
    what reasonable person would want a bum like this on their team. let him die a slow death in the AHL.
    Posted by jerrynewyork

There's no one on the team that he should ever replace when they're healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

The people that think McGratton should be called up for 'special games' are living in 1988.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

seems the soy nation has shown up here and smothered the Mcgratts-to-Boston movement with pink carnations and tofu bars

at least in '88 we made it to the finals - thanks for making our point for us, Fritz !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

seems the soy nation has shown up here and smothered the Mcgratts-to-Boston movement with pink carnations and tofu bars at least in '88 we made it to the finals - thanks for making our point for us, Fritz !
    Posted by Griswal65

i'm just about to eat tofu as i write this. Damn proud of it too !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nativescrapper. Show nativescrapper's posts

welcome to the new nhl and it's fans.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I look at him as our backup if Thorny gets injured, little more. Nice to have if we need him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Topday's tough guys in the NHL just have to be able to play the game at least a little and McGratton's relative immobiliity mitigates against that.The position of designated thug just doesn't work in the league anymore,especially over any length of time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

bravo....the pussification of the nhl....and the country for that matter, has never been more evident.  I can't imagine that Chris McGrattan's hand could possibly be any worse than Paille's.  And as far as speed?  I"ve seen infants pushing milkcrates at public skate that are morefleet-of-foot than Recchi.  I'm not dying to see McGrattan called up, but I'm really sick of seeing players like Derryk Engelland almost decapitate our best playmaker( Savard).  Thorts is a great Enforcer, but he's a middleweight at best, and he instills fear in noone.  And Chara & Lucic?  I'm not even gonna go there right now.  What has happened the last couple times we beat Ottowa?  I'll refresh your memory- we get a lead- we get the game well in hand and a punk like Chris Neil runs around with his stick at eye-level, taking shots at valuable forwards n our team.  Nobody should ever hit Marc Savard...Ever!!  Not even with a good clean honest bodycheck- but I've seen him get bundled this year alone by Boulton (Atlanta) Engelland (Pit) and Irskine(Was)....There should be consequences to anybody hitting our money players...
    Posted by lucfan

When comparing hockey skills, Mcgrattan makes Paille look like steven stamkos. Yeah, Mcrgrattan is that bad.

Sections
Shortcuts