McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from janesie22. Show janesie22's posts

Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why?

Ian White kept out of Carolina's practice today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why?

In Response to Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why?:
    [QUOTE]I listened to Murphy on a Toronto radio station and he was saying that he was hearing Brent Burns, which he admitted was surprising.  If I had a choice it would be him over all the others.  Wheeler is a Minnesota kid.  Would Wheeler and B's first round pick get'er done?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Burns could be a good pick up, would help out the PP, and adds more toughness to the lineup. Pitkanen would be my other choice. Id pass on the rest

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If trading for a chance this year, Kaberle and Pitkanen maybe Jovanovski.  For the long term Bogosian not sure he would help this year..... and he would cost the Bs a 1st rounder. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

God I hope we do not get him....way overpriced, undersized, and inconsistent...

In Response to Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why?:
    [QUOTE] Ian White kept out of Carolina's practice today.
    Posted by janesie22[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]I listened to Murphy on a Toronto radio station and he was saying that he was hearing Brent Burns, which he admitted was surprising.  If I had a choice it would be him over all the others.  Wheeler is a Minnesota kid.  Would Wheeler and B's first round pick get'er done?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Well if Brent Burns could be had I'd send them OUR 1st, Their 2nd back to them and Wheeler for burns. He is 6'4" 215, smooth skater and a 40-50 pt man from the blueline.
    The only problem is why would minnesota ever do that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Burns would be nice, but id settle for Liles

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I have been saying Pitkanen for 2 weeks because I know Carolina is really rebuilding and doesn't like his defensive game.  They need a true, stalwart D Man and maybe Mark Stuart is an attractive piece to their pie back there with McBain, Gleason, etc.

They can deal him and maybe not lose a lot and still be in the same spot they are right now.

Not an outlandish trade idea at all. 

Maybe sweeten it with a conditional pick tied to it. 

There are many D Men who can be had right now. 

The next step is to entice a team for that guy who can help on the Wing and PP.

Get it done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

No but Wheeler, Stuart and the Toronto 1st would be close. If PC could pull that off I would start to believe in him again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why? : Well if Brent Burns could be had I'd send them OUR 1st, Their 2nd back to them and Wheeler for burns. He is 6'4" 215, smooth skater and a 40-50 pt man from the blueline. The only problem is why would minnesota ever do that?
    Posted by savybergy77[/QUOTE]

Not sure why Minnesota would do it?  Murphy essentially said the same thing.  However, he has heard it from more then one person he said.  Maybe they don't think they will be able to sign him after next season, when he becomes a UFA?  I don't know, but I sure would like it if it happened.  Plus it's a name that hasn't been out there much, and just like Kelly, that is what Peter usually gets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

There should be no reason why Minny and Atl trade young studs like Burns and Bogosian. Bogosian more likely would be traded bc he is looking like an enigma. Do you risk your 1st round pick in hopes he becomes as good as everyone thought??

We don't have time to experiment with someone like Bogosian.

MCcabe is the right trade (if Kaberle, Pitkanen are not available). He could be had for a 2nd round pick and if they want wheeler (they can have him).

IF Mccabe improves our pp percentage by 5-10 percent more efficient, we would likely not lose the past two games

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McKenzie names 7 Defensemen on the B's radar - which player do you want and why? : If PC could pull that off I would start to believe in him again.Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Just curious Orr but compared to the 07' and 08' seasons what is it that you don't like about PC or are mad at him about besides Julien ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds about right.  I want Bogosian.  My e-harmony proposal would be Wheeler, Stuart, Caron, Boston's 1st and 2nd picks for Bogosian and Brian Little.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

It's a very good starting point ! PC would at least get a chance to speak to
    Atlanta's management !

Sections
Shortcuts