Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft

On TSN.ca, Bob Mckenzie states there is a significant drop after top 9. He includes Nathan Belieau in his drop which I have seen him being taken by the bruins in many mock drafts. He is projected to be a 3-4 defenseman on tsn with PP abilities. He sounds like another james wisniewski. 

I want something better than that for a top ten pick. 

I keep reading about Murphy and I get excited. I think with Fowler dropping last year, there will be no chance of him falling this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft

In Response to Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft:
    I keep reading about Murphy and I get excited. I think with Fowler dropping last year, there will be no chance of him falling this year. 
    Posted by mjhernon

wait wait, let's examine this logic. You think that because Fowler fell almost 13 picks after where he was projected (top 3-5) that there is less of a chance a Murphy will fall in this years draft? Why?

It may happen that Murphy goes off the board earlier than you expect, but not because of some mysterious lesson learned from last year. Cam Fowler fell last year because teams saw more value in the crop in front of them (for the most part, GM's appear to have been right). 

I know it's tempting to look for patterns, but i wouldn't put any stock in Cam Fowler's slide.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If the Bruins get either one of these 3 at #40 I'd be pleased...

Ht/Wt:6.01/175 lbs
    Position:D
    Team: Mississauga (OHL)

40*
    Ht/Wt:6.00/195 lbs
    Position:RW
    Team: Plymouth ( OHL )

Ht/Wt:6.03/191 lbs
    Team: Vancouver (WHL)

If you told Chiarelli that there is nothing after the #9 pick last year he would have laughed at McKenzie. The Spooner's and Knight's will be there again...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

What about the Bruins selecting Tuukka's brother at 39?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft:
    Posted by GillesGilbert

Too bad he's not a D-Man so his brother can blame him for blocking his vision when goals go past him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Remember last year when many people were bananas over Kabanov and felt the B's should trade up to get him in the first round?

Oh the comedy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

this isnt new news.  Its been rumored this draft is weak after the 1st 10.  Thats why I didnt care about dealing off our pick.  Which is essentially almost a 2nd rounder when all is said and done. 

we will get a good dman.  smile, thank the leafs for rebuilding a cup champion with young studs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Remember last year when many people were bananas over Kabanov and felt the B's should trade up to get him in the first round? Oh the comedy.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I was a Kabanov banana, but not in the first round.  I was thinking second round as a gamble.

However, please, let us not speak of this Kabanov again.  Please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft : I was a Kabanov banana, but not in the first round.  I was thinking second round as a gamble. However, please, let us not speak of this Kabanov again.  Please.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I too am a recovering Kabanov-nana...he should remain nameless in this forum forever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft : I too am a recovering Kabanov-nana...he should remain nameless in this forum forever.
    Posted by Crowls2424

It really is funny, however.  Each time I think back to people wanting to move Krejci or Bergeron for the chance to draft the kid in the top 10 and he falls somewhere around #76 (guess, too lazy to look it up).

And then the kid turns out to be a mess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i still need to know how everyone on earth missed datsyuk until the 6th round.  how does this happen?  man he was disgusting in the playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Remember last year when many people were bananas over Kabanov and felt the B's should trade up to get him in the first round? Oh the comedy.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

YAZ ?  I remember how many got upset on Bruins taking Knight over Kabanov

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft : It really is funny, however.  Each time I think back to people wanting to move Krejci or Bergeron for the chance to draft the kid in the top 10 and he falls somewhere around #76 (guess, too lazy to look it up). And then the kid turns out to be a mess.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I do remember some folks advocating the trading Bergeron for a top-5 pick (Columbus, I believe), but do not recall folks calling for drafting Kabanov there.

I'll walk the plank to say I wanted the B's to pick him, the highest I was willing to go was the B's 2nd 1st Rounder before they traded it to FLA. Kabanov went #65 to the NYI, by the way.

Lesson learned. I now put forth no opinion on players that I have not seen play, rather share points of view from others that have (Mock Drafts), as well as, read the good scouting reports from posters out here that have seen these kids play.

Now, no more Kabanov talk, too embarrassing for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The best part of this coming draft is that, with the Cup run, we haven't had time to be inundated with all of the BS.  The draft will be over before we can have too many people advocating Caron, Matt Lashoff's old helmet and the B's fifth round pick to NYI for Tavares.  He's RFA, ya know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well, one thing about Kabanov... they have him listed as 176.  When I saw him at the rookie game last year he looked ridiculously thin even with all of his equipment on.  There was some false advertising going on somewhere, there's no way that he weighs 176, more like 156.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The best part of this coming draft is that, with the Cup run, we haven't had time to be inundated with all of the BS.  The draft will be over before we can have too many people advocating Caron, Matt Lashoff's old helmet and the B's fifth round pick to NYI for Tavares.  He's RFA, ya know.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Have to admit you are right about that.

I was a chucklehead about Kabanov, but then there were those total idiots last year who insisted we had to trade up to get Hall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Ht/Wt:6.03/191 lbs
    Team: Vancouver (WHL)

I hope he is available at the #40 pick... I would really like to see the Bruins pick him up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft : It really is funny, however.  Each time I think back to people wanting to move Krejci or Bergeron for the chance to draft the kid in the top 10 and he falls somewhere around #76 (guess, too lazy to look it up). And then the kid turns out to be a mess.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Most of those folks likely hadn't even seen the kid play very much whether live or on TV. I was overly familiar with Kabanov's game, both on and off of the ice since he played an hour away in Moncton. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything positive that I've ever said about him.He was always a bigger dink than he was a scorer. Everyone yearns for the next Pavel Bure. Kabanov is closer to the next Pavel Brendl. He'll probably have a decent career in the KHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Posted by GillesGilbert

I don't think they are related are they? Victor Rask is from Sweden?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wait a minute, a drop off after the top 9? 

Is there really that much agreement on who the top 9 are?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

RNH
    Larsson
    Landeskog
    Huberdeau
    Hamilton
    Couturier
    Strome
    Zibanejad
    Murphy

Pretty much every year someone is a surprise pick early...Wheeler anyone? Most rankings I've seen don't have anyone else in the top 9. I'd be fine with any of these guys for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

RNH Larsson Landeskog Huberdeau Hamilton Couturier Strome Zibanejad Murphy Pretty much every year someone is a surprise pick early...Wheeler anyone? Most rankings I've seen don't have anyone else in the top 9. I'd be fine with any of these guys for sure.
    Posted by derrickmorin

I've seen Beaulieu, Bastschi and Siemens get mixed into the top 9.  I don't like Zibanejad, otherwise I agree, any of those guys would be ok.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I still like the kid.  I always said if he got his head straightened out he'd be a good hockey player.  Seems he's grown up a bit, like all teenagers do.

Humanitarian nomination

Playoff numbers 

Coach thinks "he's probably one of the best players in the league".

Btw, does anyone know what Knights playoff numbers were?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a3bd1fe07-5ac9-492a-ba4a-42b53c371508&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:3bd1fe07-5ac9-492a-ba4a-42b53c371508Post:7a840994-e5e1-477d-90f7-cd797b4e3890">Re: Mckenzie states signficant drop after top 9 in draft:
    I still like the kid.  I always said if he got his head straightened out he'd be a good hockey player.  Seems he's grown up a bit, like all teenagers do. Humanitarian nomination Playoff numbers  15 8 12 20 Coach  thinks "he's probably one of the best players in the league". Btw, does anyone know what Knights playoff numbers were?
    Posted by bim09

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116045

Knight had 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 playoff games.

I liked Kabanov last year in the 2nd round and although he is a head case (we knew that going into the draft last year), he still has a great deal of 'upside'.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Guess it's a good year to be picking in the top 9.

Sections
Shortcuts