McQuaid Knee on Knee......suspension/fine coming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

McQuaid Knee on Knee......suspension/fine coming?

Took down Foligno last night when he tried to get around him. Commentators were thinking this could be suspendable. Foligno did come back on the ice not too long after, so maybe that will factor in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: McQuaid Knee on Knee......suspension/fine coming?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Will-McQuaid-8217-s-knee-on-knee-with-Fo?urn=nhl-wp19911

Adam's clean record will help but Shanahammer has already set a precedent. What might also help is Foligno came back on the ice during the same game and Kevin Porter is a repeat offender for head shots.

Adam likes to give himself head shots behind the net missing checks that could help in the meeting as Quader might forget what happened LoL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Foligno sounds like he'd rather sort it out on the ice if anything is to be done...

"I know (Adam) and I know he's not that type of guy," Foligno. "I don't think he's trying to take out my knee. If he is I'm going to have to make a call to him and not (NHL disciplinarian) Brendan Shanahan."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382774

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I appreciate that in that article they listed Marc Savard as being out with an injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Hard to predict what Shanny might do here but I'm okay with a fine and a suspension of one game. The results weren't bad but they could have been.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Completely unintentional, Quaider is a stand-up player, but still, they want to try and remove hits like that from the game, so big Adam will probably sit for a game. Too bad, because he could beat the snot out of a punk like Carcillo on Saturday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Carcillo is on the Blackhawks.
    I like McQuaid, and I don't think the tought going through his head was "I'm going to wreck this guy's knee," but was probably "Uh oh, gotta hold him up some how." But that's what most people think when they do a leg-check. Doesn't change the fact that it's unacceptable. The point is that it IS still a game, and potentially handicapping someone isn't worth not letting up a scoring chance. That is why it should be suspended... not because he's malicious, but because a precedent needs to be set so people have their priorities in order.
    That said, again, I like McQuaid and think he's a stand-up dude who just screwed up... but that doesn't mean you aren't disciplined for your screw ups just because you "didn't mean it like that." This is almost exactly what I said regarding the Paille suspenssion.
    I look forward to him being back on the ice... in a few games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I don't think it gets a suspension. Foligno was back on the ice the next shift. He said in an interview after the game it hit him in the quad not the knee.

Also you could see Mcquaid pull back the leg and lift his skate as soon as he'd done it even before contact.

In Response to McQuaid Knee on Knee......suspension/fine coming?:
    Took down Foligno last night when he tried to get around him. Commentators were thinking this could be suspendable. Foligno did come back on the ice not too long after, so maybe that will factor in.
    Posted by 4everbruins

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

a suspension will be determined after Shanahan looks at the tape a few times, and he will see that McQuaid had his legs spread for balance and tried to move himself closer to Foligno rather than a definitive knee on knee. It could depend on Shanahan's interpretation of intent

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

He was out for half a game and Foligno was back on the ice quickly. Think that punishment was sufficient. If it was a 2 minute penalty, I would support a one game suspension but 2/3 of the game is good enough for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

No suspension, just a fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe a suspension.  Meh.  Not a good decision, but also not at all like the Porter play.  McQuaid's is more of a trip on a guy on his way around him.  Porter was delivering a hit and led with his leg.  Porter play deserved to be judged dangerous and deliberate even if he didn't mean to take out the knee.  McQuaid is more akin to the accidental high stick.  Everyone knows you didn't mean to carve a guy's face on the follow through of your slap shot, but you carved a guy's face and there's a penalty for negligence even if it is a smaller one than the penalty for malice aforethought.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

McQuaid is just lucky Foligno wasn't seriously hurt. He should sit out a game or two for sheer stupidity. Imagine if he had been seriously injured. It's bad enough to hurt a player with a dirty play, but to do it to a friend as well? That would be tough to live with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He'll get a game. His intent was to stick out the leg no matter where it hit him.
    Yes they (Hab, Van, Leaf fans) got to me.  I can't stand hearing them whine that there's a different set of rules for the Bruins !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2011/11/30/2602304/ryan-whitney-knees-cal-clutterbuck-suspension-coming

This one was worse and Whitney didn't get a suspension = /> no suspension for McQuaid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid Knee on Knee......suspension/fine coming?:
    http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2011/11/30/2602304/ryan-whitney-knees-cal-clutterbuck-suspension-coming This one was worse and Whitney didn't get a suspension = /> no suspension for McQuaid.
    Posted by nrguy

The refs never caught that one though, did they? Wasn't it a blown call? Was it even reviewed?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is all the rage in the hockey world.   Most things that happen don't result in suspension.  No need to think this will.

Has anyone been suspended in recent history for kneeing?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2011/11/30/2602304/ryan-whitney-knees-cal-clutterbuck-suspension-coming This one was worse and Whitney didn't get a suspension = /> no suspension for McQuaid.
    Posted by nrguy

I don't know about that being worse.  It looked like Whitney's leg was already in place, and the only way he doesn't hit him is by going out of his way to avoid him.

With McQuaid, he extended himself to get in front of the guy.  Not as bad as the one on Booth, but worse than Whitney's.  I'd expect at least a game under the same argument as what Bookboy made - you have to be responsible for your legs.

We probably won't hear until late Friday.  That seems to be the timetable Shanahan is using for making decisions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is all the rage in the hockey world.   Most things that happen don't result in suspension.  No need to think this will. Has anyone been suspended in recent history for kneeing?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah, last week.
    http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/nhl/story/2011/12/08/sp-nhl-porter-suspension.html
    Porter got four games for kneeing Booth. That's part of why folks think this will be a suspension as well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Source-McQuaid-wont-be-suspended?blockID=612800&feedID=3352

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

A little surprised, but reasonable enough. Though this will be fodder for the conspiracy theory nuts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

It's to the point where I just agree with 'em. Pisses 'em off even more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I thought Looch was going to get a game for the Miller hit.  And I thought that McQuaid was going to get a game for Foligno hit.  I didn't think that either deserved more than ONE game though.

Red is 100% right.  The conspiracy theorists will run wild with this one too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

After seeing the video, and comparing it to Porter's hit, I think McQuaid should consider himself very lucky to be available to play in the next game.

Sections
Shortcuts