McQuaid signed to extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

McQuaid signed to extension

KPD tweeted a 3yr extension, no details on terms as of yet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: McQuaid signed to extension

Nice job...one less player to worry about next year. They were speculating salary at about 1 mil. Good number for a 3rd pairing d-man.
    Doc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Great news! Still waiting on the terms (salary-wise). 

Still have quite a few guys to re-up, but I suspect PC will at somepoint between now and next Summer.

Kelly, Peverley, Campbell, Paille, Pouliot and Thornton (I know NAS will have fun with this) all are UFA or RFA's (Pouliot is the lone RFA). I suspect a prospect will replace Thornton. If that is the case, the other 5 will not cost more than roughly $2-2.2M a piece. Peverley, Kelly and Campbell are all crucial glue guys that should and likely will be brought back. I really wouldn't mind seeing Paille back as well. Pouliot? Well...let's see how he fairs this year. If he can put up 30-40 points then definitely.

Rask is an RFA, and that could get interesting. Krejci will also be an RFA after this coming year, and he will get a raise...likely around 5 years between $4-$5M/Yr.

Johnny Rocket is also up, and personally, I cannot wait to get this guy a ticket for the next bus out of Boston. He can be replaced by a bargain FA d-man signing, or possibly by the emergence/improved play of some young guys: Kampfer, Button, Hamilton, etc.

Corvo is also a UFA, and despite some past off-the-ice incident(s), if his numbers from the past few years can be duplicated this year, then I'd like to see him back.

I have faith PC will make all the right decisions with these guys!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky10. Show eyeinthesky10's posts

Yea Quaider, good for him.  I doubt we would get him as cheap as 1M per on the FA market next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Good signing.

Up next, Brad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The guy who actually saved Kaberle from being a total goof!! This is when Tomas FINALLY started to play better; without the give away's. He even started to take a few hits to make plays! Adam nice to see a fellow Maritimer sticking around for awhile!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

I like McQuaid. Glad we're keeping him. A very serviceable d-man, tough, and he can throw.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Good sign , but i am waiting for Marchand to sign next. They have to get that done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Joe Haggerty
    CSNNE.com reporting from a source Adam McQuaid's 3-year deal is for $4.7 million with an annual cap hit of $1.57 million after next season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The thing that makes the most sense in this signing is that McQuaid was not a subject of converstation during the playoffs as was Kaberle or even Boychuk at times.  He was solid!   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

As the playoffs wore on, I began to relax with him on the ice. I thought for sure they needed someone else on the back end at the trading deadline, but he just got better through the year. Basically made Mark Stuart an afterthought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension:[QUOTE]The thing that makes the most sense in this signing is that McQuaid was not a subject of converstation during the playoffs as was Kaberle or even Boychuk at times.  He was solid! Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Yep Adam did a great job!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Chiarelli has been brilliant at locking up talent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

kind of looking forward to NAS weighing in on this subject

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think 1.57 mil per is a little high actually.  Hopefully the team is counting on him to improve.  That could certainly be the case.  I think he should be the 7th man if things go well.  I think Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuck and Corvo are ahead of him and I would love to see Kampfer or Bartkowski beat him out for the final spot.  Hopefully the next three year's look even brighter with Chara locked up and some interesting guys coming along, including Hamilton.  I am a little surprised that people think this is a good deal given he only makes a half mil less then Ference, who I believe was way ahead of McQuaid when that deal was signed.  I understand there is a time lapse appreciatiation, but I think we might have overpayed if he doesn't improve.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension:
    [QUOTE]I think 1.57 mil per is a little high actually.  Hopefully the team is counting on him to improve.  That could certainly be the case.  I think he should be the 7th man if things go well.  I think Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuck and Corvo are ahead of him and I would love to see Kampfer or Bartkowski beat him out for the final spot.  Hopefully the next three year's look even brighter with Chara locked up and some interesting guys coming along, including Hamilton.  I am a little surprised that people think this is a good deal given he only makes a half mil less then Ference, who I believe was way ahead of McQuaid when that deal was signed.  I understand there is a time lapse appreciatiation, but I think we might have overpayed if he doesn't improve.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    I really think we'll eventually look back and laugh at how little PC managed to get McQuaid signed for. With his skill set, I really don't expect him to lose his spot to Kampfer or any of the younger guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

McQuaid is pure muscle out there - something which often comes along with slowness, but not in this case.  Great signing by PC.  MQuaid is only going to get better and tougher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : I really think we'll eventually look back and laugh at how little PC managed to get McQuaid signed for. With his skill set, I really don't expect him to lose his spot to Kampfer or any of the younger guys.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I would think that this Boyle signing is phenomenal if McQuaid's is good.  I would think Boyle would be a 4th Defensemen on this team?  What do you guys think?

ESPN NHL coverage

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : I would think that this Boyle signing is phenomenal if McQuaid's is good.  I would think Boyle would be a 4th Defensemen on this team?  What do you guys think? ESPN_NHL ESPN NHL coverage Brian Boyle, New York Rangers agree to 3-year, $5.1 million deal, according to report - http://es.pn/rhmQ6X
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Brian Boyle is a forward.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

McQuaid can be a solid #4 guy for years to come, while guys like Corvo, Boychuck and Kampfer are more unknown. I like how Boston's D is composed. You have a true #1 in Chara and #2 in Seids, the cagy vet in Ference and the solid McQuaid.

Then for depth, they hang their hat on Corvo, Boychuck and Kampfer...any of which could have breakout seasons or hit the road if not living up to expectations. No complaints there...and the only big moves that the Bruins need to look it is the eventual replacement of Chara and Seidenberg, which won't be for a while.

Good stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : Brian Boyle is a forward.
    Posted by stunner416[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I am a moron.

Listening to the PC interview and reading K Luedeke's opinions among others and everyone expects his progression to continue.  They speak glowingly about his ability to implement the changes coaches asked for.  PC has said multiple times that he believes McQuaid has shutdown capabilities and should develop into a top 4 D-Man.  This is exactly where I was hoping the thought proccess was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Excellent signing, great cap decision.  The good work continues.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I guess you could also look at this way Ricky, average salary for #4, #5 or #6 Dman and where you think Adam might be in the next two years as far as progression. I predict McQuaid will be worth more than Ference's 2.25M which was also a steal of a contract. That's my two cents anyway...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

[QUOTE]As the playoffs wore on, I began to relax with him on the ice. I thought for sure they needed someone else on the back end at the trading deadline, but he just got better through the year. Basically made Mark Stuart an afterthought.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

good post

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I guess you could also look at this way Ricky, average salary for #4, #5 or #6 Dman and where you think Adam might be in the next two years as far as progression. I predict McQuaid will be worth more than Ference's 2.25M which was also a steal of a contract. That's my two cents anyway...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree that Ference's contract was a good one.  I also agree that if the progression continues, especially in the way PC described (top 4 w/ shutdown capability) it will be a good contract.  I guess I am more surprised at just the lack of negative Nancy's.  Seems like the drought is over and the leeway has expanded a great deal.

I think this will be a good deal not a great one.  I think if Boychuck doesn't find his game, then McQuaid has a top 4 spot to compete for this year.

Sections
Shortcuts