McQuaid signed to extension

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: McQuaid signed to extension

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension:
    In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : I agree that Ference's contract was a good one.  I also agree that if the progression continues, especially in the way PC described (top 4 w/ shutdown capability) it will be a good contract.  I guess I am more surprised at just the lack of negative Nancy's.  Seems like the dought is over and the leeway has expanded a great deal. I think this will be a good deal not a great one.  I think if Boychuck doesn't find his game, then McQuaid has a top 4 spot to compete for this year.
    Posted by RickyHussle

amazing, around this time last year everyone around here was saying that it was a TERRIBLE contract (ference) how does this guy get a raise when hes always injured blah blah blah

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

McQuaid is Mark Stuart with a little less skill. I'm fine with the signing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

kind of looking forward to NAS weighing in on this subject
    Posted by thedauber1

I've stated earlier, McQuaid really turned a corner in the playoffs.  I think this is a great signing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Pevelery, Kelly and Kaberle aren't here without Savard's concussion.  That's just a fact."

Peverley and Kelly could've been brought in with or without Savard on LTIR (Wheeler and Stuart trades) and Ryder could have, would have been put on waivers allowing the Kaberle move which is not real hard to figure out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Definitely like the McQuaid signing. He seemed pretty solid in the playoffs. I liked Stuart better at the start of the season, but McQuaid's play at the end of the season really put him over Stuart. And I believe he is making less money than Stuart will in WPG ($200k less a season, I think).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : I've stated earlier, McQuaid really turned a corner in the playoffs.  I think this is a great signing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The corner was turned long before that. You were just late in recognizing it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

great signing, look at the last few years and defencemen for stanley cup winning teams have all gotten inflated contracts following the cup win. Gill, Skuderi, Orpick, The kid in chicago who got the big contract last summer (jarmelsson) or something like that, keith, kronwall, seabrook .. this list probably continue's. All big time contracts after a cup win. So this looks like a very shrewd move on PC's part and probably a home town cooking deal from darth quaider.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Love this signing, with d-men going at a premium right now this contract will look amazing after a couple years given his progression.  Chia for GM of the year 2012!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Boychuck will be gone before year's end. He seems to be going backwards instead of getting better.

This signing is a great move by Chia. McQuaid will only improve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : I really think we'll eventually look back and laugh at how little PC managed to get McQuaid signed for. With his skill set, I really don't expect him to lose his spot to Kampfer or any of the younger guys.
    Posted by dezaruchi

We actualy agree on something amazing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : We actualy agree on something amazing
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Well that's your fault........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

People seem to forget Savard's injury has opened up about 5 million bucks that wasn't there before. Obviously, the B's winning the Cup proved Chiarelli to be in the right, but make no mistake: Pevelery, Kelly and Kaberle aren't here without Savard's concussion.  That's just a fact. So, the Ference contract while questionable at the time, proved not to be. Ference also improved his play. Kudos to Ference. What's more tiring are teeniebopper fans like Dauber who don't have a clue about caps and economics. They're 22 and probably still live at home.  Nothing like a kid talking down to adults who deal with finances on a daily basis. With this signing, McQuaid proved his worth and proved he has upside in this system.  It's good invest in known commodities.  Just like Ference, but Ference's contract was generous. This? Not so much.  A good market deal with the hope McQuaid morphs into a 4th type and maybe replaces a Ference.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

people seem to forget that savard was on the books for 4 mill, not 5. know the numbers before you start preaching.

people have not forgotten how you were constantly a debbie downer, saying this is terrible, that is terrible. i seem to recall you saying the bruins could not win the cup as structured. well i think the basement dwellers who said depth and balance was a good thing were proven right when the cup came to boston. 

you act like PC and the bruins got bailed out by Savards injury. This is a guy who has had 49 power play points in one season with the bruins...my guess is that he just may have helped out the anemic PP a little bit. 

run the numbers. take out kelly, add in savard (they wouldn't have gotten kelly with savard) and the bruins would have come in under the cap at 56.375. 

now lets take a look at the awesome contracts on the bruins and see if PC really needed to get bailed out by an injury
    Thomas - 5
    Krejci - 3.75
    bergeron - 5
    horton - 4
    lucic - 4
    seidenberg - 3.25
    ference - 2.25
    rask - 1.25
    peverley - 1.325
    mcquaid - .575
    campbell - 1.1
    chara - 6.5

keep preaching buddy, you can know all you want about econ but i understand the way of the cap, if you think it has been mismanaged (as you have previously stated) you are insane

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : The corner was turned long before that. You were just late in recognizing it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Far be it for me to agree with NAS, but he's right. Darth Quaider made huge strides as the season went on. Heck, he was a healthy scratch most of the first month of the season. Check out his TOI over the season ... he got more and more ice time. I'd say he even improved as the playoffs progressed.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471717&season=20102011&view=gamelog

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : The corner was turned long before that. You were just late in recognizing it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Why didn't you tell me that when it happened?

Oh, you were in hiding.

You have your opinion.  I have mine. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Definitely like the McQuaid signing. He seemed pretty solid in the playoffs. I liked Stuart better at the start of the season, but McQuaid's play at the end of the season really put him over Stuart. And I believe he is making less money than Stuart will in WPG ($200k less a season, I think).
    Posted by Dave24

Less than that. Only 105K less. Stuart makes 1.675M, Quaider's getting 1.57.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : Why didn't you tell me that when it happened? Oh, you were in hiding. You have your opinion.  I have mine. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You weren't listening . You were to busy posting your quality " sticking to hockey " posts while the rest of us were appreciating McQuaid's emergence as an NHL player. Welcome to reality and if you need for me to tell you anything else just ask. Nicely though !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension :  Far be it for me to agree with NAS, but he's right.Darth Quaider made huge strides as the season went on.Heck, he was a healthy scratch most of the first month of the season. Check out his TOI over the season ... he got more and more ice time. I'd say he even improved as the playoffs progressed. http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471717&season=20102011&view=gamelog
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

You are stating exactly how most of us felt about McQuaid while the regular season was being played long before the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid signed to extension : Why didn't you tell me that when it happened? Oh, you were in hiding. You have your opinion.  I have mine. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

To be fair, I kept telling you McQuaid was only going to get better as the season went on. You said he made too many mistakes and was slow. But, you've turned around and I remember your posts saying that you were impressed. I want him to keep the mullet all the time now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Like this a lot. The comparisons with Stuart I think are valid except McQuaid is younger and seems to have more upside.

Love his attitude too. In the article about his signing Adam clearly stated he intended to challenge for a top six role and play big minutes. Can't argue with such ambition.....

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Again, if Savard is here and Chia cant unload Stuart and Wheeler, I am not convinced this team wins it"

The cap answer still remains Chiarelli still could have made the Kelly, Stuart and Wheeler trades with or without Savard on the LTIR. This is what you refuse relent, constantly leaving the under tone that PC perhaps got lucky. You couldn't be more wrong and now you're back pedaling.

Who's being the child ?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts