McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

McQuaid

Is it just me or has Adam been the B's most realiable d-man in his own zone this season. I honestly can't remember a single glaring error since he's been scratched. Even before that I can't think of any this season. He's been great!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: McQuaid

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Is it just me or has Adam been the B's most realiable d-man in his own zone this season. I honestly can't remember a single glaring error since he's been scratched. Even before that I can't think of any this season. He's been great!

I think Dougie has been pretty good too. I want to see more of Bartkowski, and I want it to come at the expense of Boychuk's minutes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He's been efficient, nite.  Nothing fancy.  Just a compact, low-risk style. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

He's been efficient, nite.  Nothing fancy Just a compact, low-risk style. 

The B's version of Colin White, although Adam can fight better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I kinda agree. He makes very few mistakes. Wish CJ would start to cut Chara's minutes, like he said he would. Give the extra ice time to Hamilton

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

McQuaid and Boychuk are two of the toughest guys in hockey. Agree McQuaid is quietly off to a good start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

McQuaid and Boychuk are two of the toughest guys in hockey. Agree McQuaid is quietly off to a good start.

Boychuk is tough?  All I can remember from him is the time Ryan White gave him the rented mule treatment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I think Dougie has been pretty good too. I want to see more of Bartkowski, and I want it to come at the expense of Boychuk's minutes. 

Dougie, has been great, but he's made some boo's, boo's defensively. Adam doesn't have one that I recall. As someone else here said. He's quietly been very effective & solid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Boychuk is tough?  All I can remember from him is the time Ryan White gave him the rented mule treatment.

[/QUOTE]

I think Boychuk's game has come around a lot compared to when he's started. I also think he may not be the greatest pugilist, but he takes & plays thru a lot of abuse. Is he McQuaid tough? No. Not many are, but I'm glad JB is a Bruin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think Boychuk's game has come around a lot compared to when he's started. I also think he may not be the greatest pugilist, but he takes & plays thru a lot of abuse. Is he McQuaid tough? No. Not many are, but I'm glad JB is a Bruin.

Evey time I see Boychuck line somebody up like he did in the Stars game (and does in the playoffs regularly) I am thankful that he is on our team.  The guy is a gamer, and the hardest hitter on the Bruins.

I like our new, young, offensively inclined guys, but at the same time we need to have some more conservative bruisers to balance that out.  To dump McQuaid or Boychuck in favor of a Bartkowski in my opinion would be a mistake.  They are cost effective defenders that add to our overall team toughness and defensive mindset.  Hate to say it, but I'd rather see an aging Seidenberg get traded before either of our young bruisers.  I think Boychuck could take on Seid's role in the lineup.

Got to have a big defensive minded D-man to pair with our offensive guys.  I say Bart or Seids is trade bait, or just keep them all for good depth when the inevitable injury comes.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

its funny because I was thinking about packaging McQuaid-Subban-Caron and make an offer to the Oilers who really need a reliable D ....for Yakupov and their 2nd round pick in 2014 ...

What do you think of that ??

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

the trade would make some room for Spooner ...Yakupov would become an ELITE player under CJ's coaching and the BRUINS would be younger and Bart could play as a regular D

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

the trade would make some room for Spooner ...Yakupov would become an ELITE player under CJ's coaching and the BRUINS would be younger and Bart could play as a regular D

<facepalm>

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:

Evey time I see Boychuck line somebody up like he did in the Stars game (and does in the playoffs regularly) I am thankful that he is on our team.  The guy is a gamer, and the hardest hitter on the Bruins.

I like our new, young, offensively inclined guys, but at the same time we need to have some more conservative bruisers to balance that out.  To dump McQuaid or Boychuck in favor of a Bartkowski in my opinion would be a mistake.  They are cost effective defenders that add to our overall team toughness and defensive mindset.  Hate to say it, but I'd rather see an aging Seidenberg get traded before either of our young bruisers.  I think Boychuck could take on Seid's role in the lineup.

Got to have a big defensive minded D-man to pair with our offensive guys.  I say Bart or Seids is trade bait, or just keep them all for good depth when the inevitable injury comes.

Let's first all agree to ignore stanleys idea of trading a 3rd pairing d man, a bust of a prospect, and a decent prospect for a number one overall pick AND a 2nd rounder and move on.

I flatly disagree with most of this. First, I don't think Boychuk is cost effective, much the opposite. He is the second highest paid d man on the team. While his numbers indicate otherwise, mostly because he's played with Chara so much, I do not think Boychuk is good defensively. His big hits are fun, but they remind me of dion phaneuf in a way. He leaves his lane to go for the big hit, and although its a bone cruncher, it leads to bad things happening in his own end. Also, I think he is a below average decision maker with the puck, something he has gotten better at, but not enough better to make me want to keep him around. If he were good offensively, things would be different. Then he would be a second pairing offensive defensemen who's OK in his own end. career high 16 points. What is Johnny Boychuk? IMO he should be trade bait in the off season. 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Yakupov would become an ELITE player under CJ's coaching"

This is what is getting the midget shown the door in Edmonton. At least Boychuk can chuck them better than Campbell!

The way McQuaid was traded for, developed and then re-signed makes me appreciate his game even more than I already do. Throw in how he jumped Scott...yah Adam is a great Bruin!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

50, it would appear he's fully recovered from last year's off-season Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.  Seems to have regained his strength.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

<facepalm>

<double facepalm>

Yakupov?

Yakupov???

The same Yakupov who told his coach to go screw himself and that he was going to play his own game?  That Yakupov?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

50, it would appear he's fully recovered from last year's off-season Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.  Seems to have regained his strength.

For sure, that was a pretty serious medical issue he had to deal with alright, you could tell he wasn't himself. This year it looks like the old Quaider we all know and love, great Bruin!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to seobrien's comment:

<facepalm>

<double facepalm>

Yakupov?

Yakupov???

The same Yakupov who told his coach to go screw himself and that he was going to play his own game?  That Yakupov?

Even with that comment oilers will not trade him way too much upside at least not now

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I flatly disagree with most of this. First, I don't think Boychuk is cost effective, much the opposite. He is the second highest paid d man on the team. While his numbers indicate otherwise, mostly because he's played with Chara so much, I do not think Boychuk is good defensively. His big hits are fun, but they remind me of dion phaneuf in a way. He leaves his lane to go for the big hit, and although its a bone cruncher, it leads to bad things happening in his own end. Also, I think he is a below average decision maker with the puck, something he has gotten better at, but not enough better to make me want to keep him around. If he were good offensively, things would be different. Then he would be a second pairing offensive defensemen who's OK in his own end. career high 16 points. What is Johnny Boychuk? IMO he should be trade bait in the off season. 

[/QUOTE]

I flatly disagree with your assessment on Boychk he's a lot better than you say, but IF there's a d-man that the B's are going to trade out of their 7 d-men. Boychuk is the one I'd make expendable. McQ is has too much Bruin in him. DS has something left for at least one more run. The 3 young guys in Boston now & Morrow; I hope the B's take a longer look b4 getting rid of any of them. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And Stanley ruins another thread with bogus talk! Stanley....I know you're a Bruins fan that can't be denied, but do YOU sanely think you have any knowledge about what you're saying? Or, do you just talk this jibberish to get attention? 

And Stanley ruins another thread with bogus talk! Stanley....I know you're a Bruins fan that can't be denied, but do YOU sanely think you have any knowledge about what you're saying? Or, do you just talk this jibberish to get attention? 

Come into my office son...I 'll teach you !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

its funny because I was thinking about packaging McQuaid-Subban-Caron and make an offer to the Oilers who really need a reliable D ....for Yakupov and their 2nd round pick in 2014 ...

What do you think of that ??

I really hope this is sarcasm !!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And Yakupovs comments about how he likes to play certainly indicate that he would be an elite Bruin.

• Sections
    Shortcuts