McQuaid's SCF Blog: FROM PEI TO NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

McQuaid's SCF Blog: FROM PEI TO NHL

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673971&navid=DL|NHL|home

"Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid is already a veteran of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, including winning a Stanley Cup title with the Bruins in 2011 and approaching 50 postseason games for his career before his 27th birthday."

"I wasn't always the best player growing up. I was lucky they let me play on the Triple-A teams and stuff. I don't know if I would say I was a star. I just took each level as it came. I was 15 and I started getting a little bit of attention from scouts at the major-junior level. For me, at that age, that was my whole focus, wanting to get drafted to move on and play major-junior. There were a few guys from the island that went on to play major-junior that I really looked up to. I got drafted to Sudbury of the Ontario Hockey League and, at 16, moved away from home. That wasn't easy coming from a close-knit family and a small town. That was a tough decision but something I needed to do to give me the chance to play major-junior. Fortunately, I was able to make the team and my NHL Draft year was my second year and I got a little bit of attention from scouts again and then I was drafted to Columbus. It was probably at that point, when I got drafted to Columbus that your focus shifts and you start thinking that maybe you can make a go of it and start working toward that."

Glad this kid is a Bruins and will be for a long time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: McQuaid's SCF Blog: FROM PEI TO NHL

It says that he was traded to Boston for a 5th round pick....I wonder who that turned out to be for the Blue Jackets ?  I bet they would like a do over on that one...Was that PC's trade ? Glad he's on the Bruins ! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Great post San Dog. For a guy who plays so tough McQuaid has some sense of humility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673971&navid=DL|NHL|home

"Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid is already a veteran of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, including winning a Stanley Cup title with the Bruins in 2011 and approaching 50 postseason games for his career before his 27th birthday."

"I wasn't always the best player growing up. I was lucky they let me play on the Triple-A teams and stuff. I don't know if I would say I was a star. I just took each level as it came. I was 15 and I started getting a little bit of attention from scouts at the major-junior level. For me, at that age, that was my whole focus, wanting to get drafted to move on and play major-junior. There were a few guys from the island that went on to play major-junior that I really looked up to. I got drafted to Sudbury of the Ontario Hockey League and, at 16, moved away from home. That wasn't easy coming from a close-knit family and a small town. That was a tough decision but something I needed to do to give me the chance to play major-junior. Fortunately, I was able to make the team and my NHL Draft year was my second year and I got a little bit of attention from scouts again and then I was drafted to Columbus. It was probably at that point, when I got drafted to Columbus that your focus shifts and you start thinking that maybe you can make a go of it and start working toward that."

Glad this kid is a Bruins and will be for a long time.

Great Stuff Thx for sharing dog!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

It says that he was traded to Boston for a 5th round pick....I wonder who that turned out to be for the Blue Jackets ?  I bet they would like a do over on that one...Was that PC's trade ? Glad he's on the Bruins ! 

If I've done the digging right, it turned out to be Brent Regner.  Not even a cup of coffee in the NHL, it seems.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

In response to Stuke50's comment:

If I've done the digging right, it turned out to be Brent Regner.  Not even a cup of coffee in the NHL, it seems.

Thanks Dr. CC   good digging !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Great post San Dog. For a guy who plays so tough McQuaid has some sense of humility.

Turns that toughness on when he needs too!

Sections
Shortcuts