Meaningless, yes, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Meaningless, yes, but...

Seems to be some flexibility there on the goalies. Chara and TT might have discussed prior to game what period he was going to play. Don't think it matters who starts for goalies as it's one period. Then with lines, it doesn't really matter who takes the opening face-off either. I think it only applies to MLB All-Star Game and NBA All-Star Game as far as who starts. NFL and NHL, pretty much you can do what you want.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Please he is a HOF caliber goal keeper already...That is a no brainer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

2 Vezinas certainly puts Thomas on his way to HOF...agreed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Meaningless, yes, but...:
    [QUOTE]I have no problem with him electing to play the third period, obviously he did it because his chances of being a goalie of record were increased therefor so were his chances of being the wiining goalie..I would have done the same thing...He wasnt the first goalie out there for the skills either, so I'm sure he rather finish stuff then start and sit..
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

He also may have elected for the third period because it's less of a joke then, more competitive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That was some seriously skilled pin-point passing we saw yesterday.  The crispness and accuracy of some of the cross ice stuff was brilliant.  We had Hughson and Simpson doing the game up here on CBC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Too bad for Alfi that TT is so competative. Stopping him on that last shot ripped the MVP from him and the home town fans. With the game out of reach -- I was hoping for TT to let Alfredsson score and get the MVP over Gaborik. I had to listen to all the Ranger fans here in Jersey today about how great Gaborik is. The moronic Ranger fans didn't take well to my comments that 2 of the goals were let in on purpose by his buddy Queen Henri just to help him win the MVP award. Let's hope TT can continue to stop Alfredsson tomorrow night. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

The first ASG I've watched in years. CBC was okay- Hartnell and Lupul did some play by play from the ice and the bench.Sometimes that stuff is pretty lame- I feel embarassed for the players doing it but yesterday was okay. I had hoped to catch a nap but the game  actually kept me awake. Big Z was class all the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

It was interesting to watch but Glen Healey must go can't stand his commentating. His voice annoys the hell out of me.
    Now the real season begins in the NHL it is due or die now for many teams.

Sections
Shortcuts