Media wants a goaltender debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Media wants a goaltender debate

All I'm seeing everywhere is how PC said that Tuuka should have played more games.
    Talk about taking what he said out of context. 
    They fail to mention that he also said the way TT has played it was hard to give more starts to Rask.
    We all know the plan with the Bruins having Rask play more than last but to start bringing this up before playing 10 games is really reaching for attention.
    Are they having trouble selling newspapers ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Media wants a goaltender debate

You are right.

They are off to a slow start so the vultures start circling.

Best antitode is to win irrespective of who is in net.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Media wants a goaltender debate:
    Are they having trouble selling newspapers ? Posted by BsLegion

No Legion but if you back up to as early as the beginning last season you saw Gasper, Massarotti, Ryan and KPD were ripping on Chiarelli. Now this week there have been suggestions by those same writers that Youkilis should be traded, for good pieces in return, when by coincidence the Sox started playing horribly when Kevin went down?!

Birdbrains cover the Saax, then the insanity of "Sox Nation" continues with the writers when the maniacs turn their attention to the Bruins. Stick with Fluto and Kalman you'll be fine...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Media wants a goaltender debate:
    In Response to Media wants a goaltender debate : No Legion but if you back up to as early as the beginning last season you saw Gasper, Massarotti, Ryan and KPD were ripping on Chiarelli. Now this week there have been suggestions by those same writers that Youkilis should be traded, for good pieces in return, when by coincidence the Sox started playing horribly when Kevin went down?! Birdbrains cover the Saax, then the insanity of "Sox Nation" continues with the writers when the maniacs turn their attention to the Bruins. Stick with Fluto and Kalman you'll be fine...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Even here on this board we're discussing Rask's position.
    Bruins barely played 10 games and we're talking about trading Rask ?
    Rask is happy in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

there is no debate because the allstar and vezina winner and con smyth winner stanley cup winner timmy thomas is the starter and rasp is the back up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Media wants a goaltender debate : Even here on this board we're discussing Rask's position. Bruins barely played 10 games and we're talking about trading Rask ? Rask is happy in Boston.
    Posted by BsLegion

u knew this was coming though legion. during the off-season everyone was talking about what % of games rask and Thomas would start. the quess's were all over the map from 75% Thomas 25%rask to 50% 50% to rask 75% thomas 25%. and like u said they bruins are now 8 games into there defense of the Stanley cup(god i love writing that!) and the debate rages on.  i dont know myself how its going to shake out but i know 1 thing this is the type of problem any team would love to have. 2 number 1 goalies who have both watched the other have success in different seasons and been in there corner fully as far as i can see legion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

tuukka gets the start tonight and shuts out the habs, debate over. you heard it here first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

tuukka gets the start tonight and shuts out the habs, debate over. you heard it here first.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

from your mouth to the hockey gods ears adk, say that does happen or even tuukka plays like u said do u automatically come back with him on the other side of the double with the habs up there in the bell center?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

rask wont get a shut out tonight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

I just feel Julien gave in to the pressure of PC going out public.  Right now Thomas is your no1 goalie and all the Raskelites must live with that.
    Tonite for me the season really begins and it's a very important game for two struggling teams.  A win (for both teams) can propel them to having a good run from now till the end of 2011.
    So why not start your no1 goalie in an almost must win game !  Unless the no1 goalie status is up for grabs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from livetoride. Show livetoride's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Carey Price is the name... :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Doubt it.....B's play awful when Rask is in net. Always have. Thats what worries me when Rask becomes the full time back up. What I like and dislike about Rask is that he relies on his positioning. If he's in position he makes the save, but when those bad bounces occur, the ones that he isnt expecting, there isnt any sense of desperation to make the save like TT does. Its like, well, Im out of position so why try to get to the puck and kill myself doing it. TT sacrifices to make the play. I just dont see that in Rask.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

There is no debate. TT is the number 1 and Tuuka is the back up. Teams slow start has nothing to do with the goaltending and everything to do with the power play and lack of finish. Tuuka needs more starts, and he'll get some, this would be so much easier if it were an Olympic year and the schedule is more condensed, but If you play one of them 2 games in a row the other is sitting for 6 to 7 days it seems.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

There is no debate. TT is the number 1 and Tuuka is the back up. Teams slow start has nothing to do with the goaltending and everything to do with the power play and lack of finish. Tuuka needs more starts, and he'll get some, this would be so much easier if it were an Olympic year and the schedule is more condensed, but If you play one of them 2 games in a row the other is sitting for 6 to 7 days it seems.
    Posted by kelvana33

ok so why start Rask tonight if TT is the no1 ?  game not as imprtant ?
    TT is well rested.
    Don't get me wrong it's like like tonights game determines who no1 or anything but I just find it odd that Rask starts tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Media wants a goaltender debate : ok so why start Rask tonight if TT is the no1 ?  game not as imprtant ? TT is well rested. Don't get me wrong it's like like tonights game determines who no1 or anything but I just find it odd that Rask starts tonight.
    Posted by BsLegion

Every game Rask starts, people are going to ask why.Well, i suggested Rask start last week versus Toronto to give him two starts in a row and everyone asked why the Toronto game wasnt important. Just because he is starting tonight does not mean he is the number 1. back ups traditionally get the starts versus weaker teams. Where is Montreal standings wise? No matter what happens tonight, I'd be willing to bet TT is in the net for the road game of this home and home.
    It would not suprise me at all if Tuukas agent has requested a deal and the Bruins are playing him tonight so teams can see him. Interesting situation in pheonix with Turris asking for a trade and their number 1 is Mike Smith.

Sections
Shortcuts