Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan

Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash

Pyatt - Boyle - Dorsett

Kreider - Richards - Asham

McDonagh - Girardi

Del Zotto - Stralman

Moore - Eminger

Lundqvist

Looking at some stats, the scoring is spread and it seems like the most vulnerable line is the 3rd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Meet the Rangers

Stralman, Moore, and Eminger are a pretty weak bottom 3. The Bruins, and Lucic in particular need to exploit this.

Is that Brad Richards on the 4rth line? Makes me re-think raging on CJ for putting Jagr on the third line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

too bad their goalie isn't vulnerable....

looks like King Kong guarding the banana cart....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Yes, I don't know what that's about.  The preview article also called that the 4th line.  I didn't see any of the games, but based on his game log it looks like he was demoted, but then later maybe double-shifted?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Yes, I don't know what that's about.  The preview article also called that the 4th line.  I didn't see any of the games, but based on his game log it looks like he was demoted, but then later maybe double-shifted?

And probably very heavy PP time which is his bread and butter. A very expensive 4rth liner nonetheless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That's a tough line up, I don't have my hopes up for this series.  Every line has danger men on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'd be more confident if the B'S would've had more success against King Henry in the past....

that said, anything can happen like we witnessed just the other day....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I still like our chances.. I'm sure the Fonz has looked up and down the Bruins lineup, and said to himself ( that guy they have.. # 17, if he really brings it, that could be some trouble for us . The only Ranger that the Bruins should be worried about, is Lundquist. The Bruins are going to bring it, even with some injuries on the backend. Winning in dramatic fashion on Monday ,will have the crowd going Ape sh!t ! I can't wait till they drop the puck on Thursday !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Per nhl.com, practice today:

Pyatt - Boyle - Dorsett

McDonagh - Girardi

Del Zotto - Stralman

Moore - Eminger

Lundqvist

Looking at some stats, the scoring is spread and it seems like the most vulnerable line is the 3rd.

It's not often we see a $6.6 million center on the fourth line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Per nhl.com, practice today:

Pyatt - Boyle - Dorsett

McDonagh - Girardi

Del Zotto - Stralman

Moore - Eminger

Lundqvist

You don't see a $6.6 million center on the fouth line too often.

He had 1 pt. (goal in game 1) in 5 games and when I watched, he looked a step behind. Not sure when he got moved back, but it was due to his non-performance. We'll see what he brings to round 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

No-one is going to scare any Bruins away on that roster.

Lundqvist is a tough nut, but they no longer have that Bruin-killer - Gaborik.

They also have too many important role players without much playoff experience and Staal is not even close to making it back.

If the real Bruins show up every game this could be the short series they need to properly prepare and heal for a meeting with Pitt or Ott.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

No-one is going to scare any Bruins away on that roster.

They also have too many important role players without much playoff experience and Staal is not even close to making it back.

If the real Bruins show up every game this could be the short series they need to properly prepare and heal for a meeting with Pitt or Ott.

Hey if the godfather says it's so it's so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Couple of those guys would make great Bruins... starting with Callahan. I think the Rangers play a lot like the Bruins. Should be a tough series. Bruins in 7 (again.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Couple of those guys would make great Bruins... starting with Callahan. I think the Rangers play a lot like the Bruins. Should be a tough series. Bruins in 7 (again.)

No argument there -- Callahan is one of the premier leaders in the league.

Wish I had your confidence. This team scares me especially with Queen Henri in the nets. Nothing would make me feel better than an eliminated Ranger team and to witness Torts head literally explode on either of the Gardens' ice surfaces.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

That's a tough line up, I don't have my hopes up for this series.  Every line has danger men on it.

I agree.  Very tough team with a wall in net.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Do you want the Bruins to lose in 4 or 5?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:

Do you want the Bruins to lose in 4 or 5?

another solid contribution from NAS... 13,000+ posts of mostly whining

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Brassard and Boyle have been playing excellent two-way hockey. Good for Torts on looking at the actual play of his guys and setting lines based on performance and not the name on the back of the jersey. Richards at this point in his career is the 4th most talented center of the 4, which is a good problem to have, no?

Richards still gets the extra minutes on special teams, so it's not as weird as it looks on paper. I agree that Julien could do something similar with Jagr and let Paille run with Peverly and Kelly, but it's not his M.O.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Anyone else hear Healy on THE FAN 590's Primetime Sports yesterday afternoon?  He doesn't see the series going past 6 games with NYR moving on.  His rationale was these were the superior Rangers, not the Leafs who gave the B's so much trouble so the Bruins can't afford to be inconsistent, NY are on a roll after knocking off the Caps and with the uncertainty of Ference and Seidenberg the Bruins had too much youth on defense (been a while since we heard a reference like that about a Boston back end.)

He said Seidenberg's status affects their top pairing, Chara must be tired after logging so many minutes, Lundqvist has stoned them before and added "what kind of depth must the Rangers have when they have a $6.6 million guy on the fourth line?" 

Like some I see Lundqvist as the most prominent obstacle standing in the Bruins' way.  For him to stone them means they've forced him to make big stops.  To Healy I say these are not the Caps.  I like that experts (Damien Cox also predicted a Rangers win in yesterday's Toronto Star.) view the Bruins with low expectations.  It will make it that much more satisfying when they eliminate 'em.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's health issues will make it a lot more interesting than if the gang was feeling fine and ready to go.  Until the puck drops, however, we're not going to know how these Rangers are going to play.

For Boston:  Pucks to the net, pucks to the net, pucks to the net!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

This is what I was thinking.  In hindsight I understand the trade.  They needed depth, couldnt carry Gaborik's 7.5M cap hit next year, Gaborik was having an off year...Not saying I would have made the trade, just saying that I can kind of understand it.

...Still Gaborik is one year removed from 41 goals.....Im glad he isnt on their team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

The Rangers hustle, block tons of shots, and have a world class goalie. It's mentioned over and over, but you gotta get in front of the net and make life miserable for him. Their coach is over the top snippy with the press and the post game interviews are always interesting. I'm confident that we will move on

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin play like they did in the first 6 games and 2 n 1/2 periods of the Leafs series, the Rangers will roll right over the Bruins. Boston needs to get lots of tips of shots from the blueline. Don't let Lundqvists great vision, tracking the puck get locked in.

Bruins defenseman need to carry the puck out of the zone more than last series against the Leafs. Bartkowski did it a few times, Krug loves to do it in the AHL and Hamilton has the skills to do it more often. Waiting for the forwards to sit along the half-wall then pass to them is old hat and teams know the Bruins break out  becuase it is as old as Shups clown pajamas.

Bruins cycle in corners was non-excistent in the 1st round, get it going again. Gotta have more puck possession in the offensive zone. Take those loser Yankeee fans out of the games early at MSG by getting on the board first!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Anyone else hear Healy on THE FAN 590's Primetime Sports yesterday afternoon?  He doesn't see the series going past 6 games with NYR moving on.  His rationale was these were the superior Rangers, not the Leafs who gave the B's so much trouble so the Bruins can't afford to be inconsistent, NY are on a roll after knocking off the Caps and with the uncertainty of Ference and Seidenberg the Bruins had too much youth on defense (been a while since we heard a reference like that about a Boston back end.)

Not surprising coming from Healy. After all, the Rags are his second favorite team after TO. It will be sweet when the B's knock them out also.....Healy will be crying in a corner when this happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin play like they did in the first 6 games and 2 n 1/2 periods of the Leafs series, the Rangers will roll right over the Bruins. Boston needs to get lots of tips of shots from the blueline. Don't let Lundqvists great vision, tracking the puck get locked in.

Bruins defenseman need to carry the puck out of the zone more than last series against the Leafs. Bartkowski did it a few times, Krug loves to do it in the AHL and Hamilton has the skills to do it more often. Waiting for the forwards to sit along the half-wall then pass to them is old hat and teams know the Bruins break out  becuase it is as old as Shups clown pajamas.

Bruins cycle in corners was non-excistent in the 1st round, get it going again. Gotta have more puck possession in the offensive zone. Take those loser Yankeee fans out of the games early at MSG by getting on the board first!

Chara is going to be worn out.  Gotta get him off the pp some.   Gotta have that 2nd line rolling.  Rangers are gonna be tough.  Fast up front.  Great experience for the young dmen we have.  

No clown on the rangers.  Time to sit ST.   Funny i joked about ST playing def.  i knew he used to and i guess he was gonna play if they had a need as per lucic on OTR

Sections
Shortcuts