Mentally weak team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Mentally weak team

Face it guys this Bruins team is mentally weak almost to the extreme at times. Go back to all the Game 7's, big rematch games vs Pittsburgh & Montreal, the epic 4 game playoff collapse, etc etc This is a big function of the coach and the "Captain" aka Mr. "I'm nervous in the playoffs"

I've said it time and time again this is why I feel they won't go deep in the postseason. They have a good coach and a good core of players to have good/great regular seasons but they don't have the mental makeup to do it in the postseason. If that makes me a hater so be it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Re: Mentally weak team

They don't have a good coach...period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Agreed. Painfully obvious CJ HAS to go, but it won't happen. Jacobs is too much of a cheap pr!ck. The way they've looked lately, it will be a 4 game sweep out of the 1st round. Fvck CJ, and PC too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Mentally weak team:
    [QUOTE]They don't have a good coach...period.
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  Claude is a good NHL coach.  But there is better.  And there is best.
    Claude was a major improvement over Lewis and won the Jack Adams because Lewis was such a disaster.

Claude is fine for a 1 or 2 round playoff team, but that's it.

The Bruins need a better coach to get to the next level.
    And a 'best' coach knows how to get people to where they mentally need to be.
    Yah, that 'Miracle on Ice' stuff is true shiite, good coaches know how to motivate people, they know when and who to give the carrot and who to give the stick to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Good coaches are good motivators...they take time outs at key times...they give confidence to their player when they are not playing well.  It does not seem like this coach is cappable of doing those things!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If winning 7 in a row, means we have to immediately afterwards, lose 4 in a row and look really bad in the process, then lets never win 7 in a row again

This streakyness is driving me nuts.  They are SO bad right now, it seems impossible that this team one 7 straight including one in Vancouver just a over week ago.  Worst part of it is, they can't hold leads!!!  They are dying at the end of games here

Now lets call out some people aside from the typical Julien, Ryder etc.

Patrice Bergeron.  Talk about streaky.  He went from lighting things up to being a complete non factor.  You don't know that he's out there lately

Brad Marchand.  See above.  Has been pretty useless these last 4 plus games

Tomas Kaberle.  Was the whole "puck moving defencemen thing being what this teams needs" a bunch of crap, or is he just not as good of one as we were lead to believe?  He needs to start making some contributions fast

Dennis Sidenberg.  Too many costly mistakes.  I don't care if you play the best 59 minutes of your life.  If mess up and it costs the team a goal, it was all for nothing

Daniel Paille.  How did you ever get drafted in this league, given he fact thaat you the worst puck handling skills this side of a department store mannequin?  I have never seen any squander more chances and look so incredibly inept while doing so

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]If winning 7 in a row, means we have to immediately afterwards, lose 4 in a row and look really bad in the process, the lets never win 7 in a row again This streakyness is driving me nuts.  They are SO bad right now, it seems impossible that this team one 7 straight including one in Vancouver just a over week ago.  Worst part of it is, they can't hold leads!!!  They are dying at the end of games here Now lets call out some people aside from the typical Julien, Ryder etc. Patrice Bergeron.  Talk about streaky.  He went from lighting things up to being a complete non factor.  You don't know that he's out there lately Brad Marchand.  See above.  Has been pretty useless these last 4 plus games Tomas Kaberle.  Was the whole "puck moving defencemen thing being what this teams needs" a bunch of crap, or is he just not as good of one as we were lead to believe?  He needs to start making some contributions fast Dennis Sidenberg.  Too many costly mistakes.  I don't care if you play the best 59 minutes of your life.  If mess up and it costs the team a goal, it was all for nothing Daniel Paille.  How did you ever get drafted in this league, given he fact thaat you the worst puck handling skills this side of a department store mannequin?  I have never seen any squander more chances and look so incredibly inept while doing so
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

I'm not done calling out Ryder.  He is a bum. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I actually think this team could really use Ferrence right now

I mean he's obviously not THE answer, but he's a responsible player who always seems to do the right things throughout the entire game.  

These guys are losing focus, interest, energy, something.  And their opponents are steamrolling them from the second half of the 2nd period on

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Badhabitude: Charlie Sheen would have been an improvement over Dave Lewis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Badhabitude: Charlie Sheen would have been an improvement over Dave Lewis.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

There are no big games in the regular season. No one game decides your future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Jake1977: I think Ryder has been playing harder lately than anytime this year; he's just not that good. Chiarelli seems to like to give mediocre players big contracts and expect them to become goal scorers and when they prove to be what they always were we are disappointed and complain about them. Chia was the one who called him a goal scorer and gave him 12 mil. Ryder is just an all-star wrist shot trapped in a sub-average player's body but he's trying at least.

Sections
Shortcuts