Merlot 3rd line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Merlot 3rd line?

It appears that Claude is using the Merlot line as the 3rd line right now.  I would rather see Pouliot/Rolston/Caron in this role and play more minutes then the Merlot line.  Say what you want about Pouliot, but he drew another penalty last night.  Don't get me wrong, I like the Merlot line.  However, I like them as a 4th, not a 3rd.  Rolston was credited with 4 hits in just 8:21 of ice time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Merlot 3rd line?

MeanE, your thoughts are appropriate. Last night it became more apparent that Pouliot's strength is energy. He's big and skates fast. Being paired with Campbell and Thornton this makes the 4th line a true energy line where their job is to harass and draw penalties. Perhaps Claude will have a re-think on how he is using the existing resources. Kelly is solid as the bruins 3rd line center, and could perform with Paille and Rolston on his wings, or it could be Paille and Caron. Kreji is more effective when he is at center with Lucic plus a shooterr on his right. The shooter could be Rolston. As an alternative, and to stir things up, Seguin could skate with kreji/Lucic, and Rolston could skate with Bergeron and Marchand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Agreed.  It's not the Merlot line that warrants a promotion, its Paille.

Third line should be Pouliot / Rolston / Paille

Fourth line: Caron / Campbell / Thornton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dreewskie, ask yourself a few questions, such as : Is Kelly providing Kreji and Lucic with the scoring talent that would help them?  Is Rolston better off on the wing, where he can fire his shot? What does Pouliot bring to the table except size, skating speed, energy? Should Claude mix his lines to find more opportunity? Where, and with who, does Paille fit to utilize his talents of speed, checking coverage, disruption?