Merry Christmas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas from Quebec City from a live long Buins fan
    Always like checking out posts from everyone on the Bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Merry Christmas, Buon Natale , Joyeux Noel , Feliz Navidad , Feliz Natal and  Happy Holidays !

NAS ,  you will be visited by 3 ghosts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Merry Christmas to all, from beautiful Niagara Falls.

I expected this thread to be full of the usual 'well wishes', but really appreciated the fellowship sentiments that included all, those who post, read, and, often, disagree!

Merry Christmas to all, and a happy, healthy new year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Merry Christmas:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas : Dude. The Bible says a lot of things not to be taken literally! Unless you've got something better, I find it hard to believe that Christians all over the world have celebrated the birth of their savior on the wrong day... every year!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Well explain why we all par take in Halloween then, another truly Pagan celebration.  The Romans moved all the Christian celebrations to coincide with the already established Pagan Holidays.  What do rabbits and eggs have to do with the resurrection?  The Roman tried to keep peace in their empire by assimilating all the cultures and religions of the people they concurred.  Emperor Constantine was the first Roman emperor to be a Christian.  He had leader of the state and religions come together at the Council of Nicea where they created Christianity as we know it.  It was created as a tool to unite the people under one religion and government. 

In most cases if you find out what the Ancient Greeks celebrated on that day you will know what the actual celebration is about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Merry Christmas to ALL hockey fans & their FAMILIES. Hope every1 has a safe, happy & joyous holiday. May God Bless you all & to all miltary troops North & South of the border? May God put his arms around you & protect you they way you protect us. Thank You for all that you do! So We can continue to cheer for our favourite team & sport!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Christmas, Buon Natale , Joyeux Noel , Feliz Navidad , Feliz Natal and  Happy Holidays ! NAS ,  you will be visited by 3 ghosts.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I love it.

Shore, Thompson and Clapper?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

To all the posters on here, wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best over the holidays.
    Hoping that everyone has a safe and joyous time.

Santa if your reading this how about a gold medal for Canada at the World Jr's and since it's Christmas, and it's about giving can you see if there may be a few silver medals for the USA team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Christmas, Buon Natale , Joyeux Noel , Feliz Navidad , Feliz Natal and  Happy Holidays ! NAS ,  you will be visited by 3 ghosts.

LMAO! A Mastercard moment Legion! Freakin PRICELESS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Last nite's game was a nice little Christmas gift from the Bruins.  Hope everyone here experiences their best Holiday Season ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Ditto to all and hoping after 50 years of following the B's thru thick and thin -- I'm still here next year to witness another season of the greatest sport in the world.

Bless our troops -- who are willing to risk their lives for people like us who they don't even know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas : Well explain why we all par take in Halloween then, another truly Pagan celebration.  The Romans moved all the Christian celebrations to coincide with the already established Pagan Holidays.  What do rabbits and eggs have to do with the resurrection?  The Roman tried to keep peace in their empire by assimilating all the cultures and religions of the people they concurred.  Emperor Constantine was the first Roman emperor to be a Christian.  He had leader of the state and religions come together at the Council of Nicea where they created Christianity as we know it.  It was created as a tool to unite the people under one religion and government.  In most cases if you find out what the Ancient Greeks celebrated on that day you will know what the actual celebration is about.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Would you guys stop it. I am a Unitarian Universalist like CarolinaClamMan. Celebrate all times of peace under every know human spirit.  Peace to all except for the Bs until they hold up the NHL pagan chalice.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Thanks for the holiday wishes everyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!!

Go Bruins!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas : I love it. Shore, Thompson and Clapper?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL .. good come back.  Glad you take the jokes in stride as I do take your shots in stride.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Ha ha, good one! Merry Christmas to all, and yes, even you NAS.  I sincerely hope the spirit of Christmas gets to touch you all in it's own special way.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Merry Christmas everyone! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas : The Bible states the Joseph and Mary were in Bethleham to be counted.  Censuses only happened in the spring and fall.  The rest is too much typing for my lazy azz.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Not that it matters much, but here ya go--

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Merry Christmas to the most rabid fans in Boston sports!

In the true spirit of the holiday and this forum, I share this holiday quote with all of you:

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny F'ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a** down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a**holes this side of the nuthouse." - Clark W. Griswold

Good luck tomorrow!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

LETS BO BRUINS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Well everyone, here it is, Christmas morning. I sit here as always the first one up every Christmas morning. I'm 50+ now, but every Christmas brings me back. I am excited like a little kid. Can't wait till my wife the kids get up.
    I remember being up so early Christmas morning when I was about 7, I opened a gift in my stocking because I couldn't stand it to wait any more...just one...no one will know...I snuck out and snatched the gift from my stocking and opened it in my dimly lit bedroom...so quietly...oh cool, a cap gun! Then the guilt rushed in (yes, I'm Catholic!)...so I carefully re-wrapped the gift and returned it to my stocking, no one the wiser until my public confession today.
    A memory from so long ago. Merry Christmas to each of you. Don't let anyone rob you of your joy today and remember what it's all about...being right Ha ha
    Have a great Holiday everyone!
    Doc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

DOC, it must be our age that has us up so early to meet and greet. Merry Christmas to all as we all celebrate our faith in God , Country, our troops wherever they may be, I'm so glad that Sean is back from Afghanistan, and Scott is back from his 3rd tour in Iraq. At 75+ I'm still rooting for the B's and believing everything KPD and FLUTO and Kalmer,,, write

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

bogie6 I spent time in those parts of the world too...glad those days are behind me...many thanks to those who continue the fight! Merry Christmas
    Doc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Merry Christmas to all Bruins Fans and all hockey fans around the world. A special Merry Christmas to all the troops everywhere who keep us safe. My special Gift would be if the Bruins could play like they did vs Atlanta every game and then bring us the cup. Next up Happy New Year to all may this be our year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas : Would you guys stop it. I am a Unitarian Universalist like CarolinaClamMan. Celebrate all times of peace under every know human spirit.  Peace to all except for the Bs until they hold up the NHL pagan chalice.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Well said, Isla...you are right...the world is full of cruelty and privation....let us celebrate whatever hope we can glean from the Christmas mythology...and it is beautiful....stars, cold crisp early night air, the waning moon after solstice, Jupiter rising above the crimson skyline...Hope seen in the children of the world....may they have it better and make it better......best wishes to all of y'all and let us remember-- hockey is just for fun!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks CarolinaClamMan,  when I was teaching the guy in charge of the JrROTC was a special ops officer in Afghanistan, ahhh under the first Bush!( if you know what I mean)  Anyway he would say to his cadets, if you don't start each day thinking of things in a positive light, you will be sure recgonize it.  And if you start the day under negative light, you will find only it negative.  Great thought from our military leaders.  Merry Christmas to those troops serving and who have served.  Enjoy the special day!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be truly Dickensian, NAS, it would be Orr, Bergeron, and let's say Larsson.