Message from a Habs fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Message from a Habs fan

I don't watch hockey as much as I used to, but I still like to keep an eye on what's happening. My favorite team has always been the Habs, but I'm a hockey fan above all, and I've been watching hockey long enough to appreciate and understand what's going on. Right now, the reality is the following : the Bruins have an awesome team that's fun to watch and the boring Habs suck _ss. Congratulations! Boston has always been a great hockey city and you guys waited a long time for this and deserve it. I've got no problems with that. I hope you realize what a fantastic job Chiarelli has done with the Bruins. Upstairs is where it all starts. For the past 20 years the Habs have been run by morons who haven't got a clue, who have ruined the team with inept draft choices and inability to judge talent.
    The Bruins are the best and most exciting team in the NHL this year, so enjoy it and I hope you beat the crap out of the Habs tomorrow night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Message from a Habs fan

I have a new found respect for Hab's fans now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

B's rock!!!In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]I have a new found respect for Hab's fans now.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wish you had been here the last 5 years before the Bruins won the cup, this discussion board was littered with Canadien fans who would've tried to run you off outa here as a traitor when they actually needed your advice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]I don't watch hockey as much as I used to, but I still like to keep an eye on what's happening. My favorite team has always been the Habs, but I'm a hockey fan above all, and I've been watching hockey long enough to appreciate and understand what's going on. Right now, the reality is the following : the Bruins have an awesome team that's fun to watch and the boring Habs suck _ss. Congratulations! Boston has always been a great hockey city and you guys waited a long time for this and deserve it. I've got no problems with that. I hope you realize what a fantastic job Chiarelli has done with the Bruins. Upstairs is where it all starts. For the past 20 years the Habs have been run by morons who haven't got a clue, who have ruined the team with inept draft choices and inability to judge talent. The Bruins are the best and most exciting team in the NHL this year, so enjoy it and I hope you beat the crap out of the Habs tomorrow night.
    Posted by den666[/QUOTE]

A healthy, objective view if ever there was one.  Sounds like you see things as they really are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

The best team deserves to win, even if it's not the team I'm rooting for. I think if you really like hockey, then that's just natural. Re: Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Message from a Habs fan : A healthy, objective view if ever there was one.  Sounds like you see things as they really are.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]The best team deserves to win, even if it's not the team I'm rooting for. I think if you really like hockey, then that's just natural. Re: Message from a Habs fan :
    Posted by den666[/QUOTE]

den - You sound alarmingly level-headed.  I'd imagine every club has supporters who appear to be from the lunatic fringe.  This board has had some interlopers that seemed to have come unglued all at once.  If your posts are any indication you don't fit their category. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Just another wolf in sheep's clothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Maybe it's old age, but then again I think anyone who's had the PRIVILEGE of watching guys like Bobby Hull, Henri Richard (11 freaking Stanley Cup rings!!!) Phil Esposito, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Guy Lafleur, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux play the game has probably learned to appreciate what real hockey is all about.In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan : den - You sound alarmingly level-headed.  I'd imagine every club has supporters who appear to be from the lunatic fringe.  This board has had some interlopers that seemed to have come unglued all at once.  If your posts are any indication you don't fit their category. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Den66 Philadelphia a few years ago was over the cap, to my amazement they were able to make changes, acquire players, and have a respectable team.  If the Canadien have cap issues and inner turmoil, I believe the team can and will turn things around.  After all Montreal was one goal away from eliminating the team that went onto win the Cup.  Subban and Price are still young.  Lastly two years ago this wonderful board and city media were proclaiming the Bs would never recover from the epic lost to Philly.  Hahaha

If you continue to write all will be fine if you write as a hockey fan first, and remember it is a Bruins forum.  Some who post from other cities seem to write without that in mind.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]I don't watch hockey as much as I used to, but I still like to keep an eye on what's happening. My favorite team has always been the Habs, but I'm a hockey fan above all, and I've been watching hockey long enough to appreciate and understand what's going on. Right now, the reality is the following : the Bruins have an awesome team that's fun to watch and the boring Habs suck _ss. Congratulations! Boston has always been a great hockey city and you guys waited a long time for this and deserve it. I've got no problems with that. I hope you realize what a fantastic job Chiarelli has done with the Bruins. Upstairs is where it all starts. For the past 20 years the Habs have been run by morons who haven't got a clue, who have ruined the team with inept draft choices and inability to judge talent. The Bruins are the best and most exciting team in the NHL this year, so enjoy it and I hope you beat the crap out of the Habs tomorrow night.
    Posted by den666[/QUOTE]
    Although I hate the Habs with a passion ( no explaination needed ) not all of their fans are complete idiots. You sound like a very frustrated but honest fan. Unfortunately, I think that the few Habs fans that come on here will try to run you off this board with your comments.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

... I want to take the candy... but will it hurt us...?

lol, truth is, great hockey is fun to watch. I'm a hockey fan first and a passionate Bruins fan second. I loved watching Gretz and Lemieux and it's great watching the current Bruins the way they are playing. I hope they keep it up. Real hockey fans of any team appreciate it, I'm glad you do.

[QUOTE]Maybe it's old age, but then again I think anyone who's had the PRIVILEGE of watching guys like Bobby Hull, Henri Richard (11 freaking Stanley Cup rings!!!) Phil Esposito, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Guy Lafleur, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux play the game has probably learned to appreciate what real hockey is all about.In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan :
    Posted by den666[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe it's old age, but then again I think anyone who's had the PRIVILEGE of watching guys like Bobby Hull, Henri Richard (11 freaking Stanley Cup rings!!!) Phil Esposito, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Guy Lafleur, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux play the game has probably learned to appreciate what real hockey is all about.In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan :
    Posted by den666[/QUOTE]

You've named absolute legends.  As far as being down on your club believe me when I say folks on this board can empathize having lived with massive angst and frustration over the Bruins for years prior to last season.  Generally it wasn't so much the actual loss but the gut-kicking manner in which they'd lose. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]great hockey is fun to watch. I'm a hockey fan first and a passionate Bruins fan second. I loved watching Gretz and Lemieux and it's great watching the current Bruins the way they are playing. I hope they keep it up. Real hockey fans of any team appreciate it, I'm glad you do. In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Well said, OC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Den, welcome aboard. It's folks like yourself, LRH, your fellow habs fan Kennedy, and Win-Jets, that add a little non-homefront character to here. Hope you stick about and thanks for being human enough to recoginize greatness when you see it, regardless of the sweater.

PS I'm not old enough to have watched the Pocket Rocket, but I'm glad you mentioned him alongside Orr, Gretz, Lemieux and Howe. He desserves it, yet is still over looked by far too many hockey fans. He never gets his due, thanks to being overshadowed by his brother. Kinda like Mark Howe that way... "Well, he was no Gordie/Maurice." No, but Desmond Tutu was not Nelson Mandela and Oppenheimer wasn't Einstein. Even if there are folks, friends or kin who were better, great is still great. I get bugged a bit now because my loyalties are split between the Bruins and the Jets, but just because I recognize Orr as the greatest ever, doesn't take anything away from Bobby Hull or Dale Hawerchuk. Nothing wrong with being Vincent Van Gogh, even if the you don't measure up to Leonardo Da vinci.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

There was a time 20+ years ago when you could be friendly with other hockey fans despite hating their favourite team. Seems like a million years ago now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

At night a candle's brighter than the sun.In Response to Re: Message from a Habs fan:
    [QUOTE]There was a time 20+ years ago when you could be friendly with other hockey fans despite hating their favourite team. Seems like a million years ago now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

F that guy.  The Habs are 100% miserable and the B's are the studs of the league, so he comes here to offer congrats?  STICK IT.  Go boo your coach because he doesn't speak frog.  Go call 9-1-1.  Go sing your fruity soccer song. 

No Habs fans are welcome.  This is a forum for fans of the Boston Bruins.  If you want to trade in your Where's Waldo sweater and pick up a B's all black 3rd instead, maybe we'll chat.  Until then, I have no interest in playing nicely with someone who would have broken Bourque's ankle if they had the chance...and a true Habs fan would have.

Beat it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and NAS beats the guy with the olive branch, nice. don't take it personally den, he doesn't like anyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I honeslty think Den is experiencing what most Bruin fans have for such a long time. It was like just a few seasons ago, where the B's were just so awful (the Marco Sturm days) Not him specifically..... And the Sinden days were a nightmare, where the B's would rely on Neely and Bourque all the time. The B's just never had the supporting cast they do now. So, why is Jacobs spending the money now and not back then? Was it really Jacobs or Sinden that was the problem? I believe the salary cap is pretty close to getting back to where team salaries once were, prior to having a cap. Correct me if Im wrong. I dont know. Just throwing out ideas....

Also, Montreal always seems to make the playoffs and has as good of chance of beating anyone come playoffs. They always cause teams problems. So, while the regular season might not go as planned, its all about making the playoffs, which they probably will. Then its a whole new season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

So NAS, you're saying that all B's fans would hope for someone to break Subban's ankle? By your logic, there isn't ONE decent Habs fan. That's ridiculous.

NAS predictable response: "You're ridiculous. The Habs suck."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I honeslty think Den is experiencing what most Bruin fans have for such a long time. It was like just a few seasons ago, where the B's were just so awful (the Marco Sturm days) Not him specifically..... And the Sinden days were a nightmare, where the B's would rely on Neely and Bourque all the time. The B's just never had the supporting cast they do now. So, why is Jacobs spending the money now and not back then? Was it really Jacobs or Sinden that was the problem? I believe the salary cap is pretty close to getting back to where team salaries once were, prior to having a cap. Correct me if Im wrong. I dont know. Just throwing out ideas.... Also, Montreal always seems to make the playoffs and has as good of chance of beating anyone come playoffs. They always cause teams problems. So, while the regular season might not go as planned, its all about making the playoffs, which they probably will. Then its a whole new season.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

what year are you living in?  gionta is probably out for the season.  cammalleri doesn't want to be there.  markov might play 10 games if he's lucky.  no way the habs make the playoffs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

I'm going to the game tonight.  there will be the usual four of us:  3 B's fan and a habs fan.  he told us the exact same things as Den did earlier and it's refreshing to hear.

Just goes to prove that NOT all habs fans, or B's fans for that matter, are short-sighted pig-headed lunatics.

Full disclossure here:  I'm not 100% certain I'd have the courage to think the way den thinks, let alone post it on a blog dedicated to "the other team" .   So, Den, you're a good Man in my book.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

My wife is from French Canadian culture and all 6 brothers are hab fans. They all are hoping the habs do not make the play-offs for they can sell off and rebuild. Except one brother who laugh at me when they a had 2-0 gm. lead last years series
    and when we won the cup I did not rub it in when I saw him. I never get arrogant about my sports team just happy we finally won the damn cup.

All the brothers still hate the bruins and leafs with a passion but what teams are on positive move these days.

It would be interesting if Quebec gets a team then we will see more input from Montreal fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Anyone who is courteous, objective, and a fan of Hockey is welcome here IMO.

A guy used to come here years ago who was a Habs fan (Kovy was his tag), decent chap, knowledgeable, and always an informative post. I'm sure he split because he was constantly flamed.

Just because I'm no Habs fan doesn't mean I don't welcome people who like teams other than the Bruins...after all, it's just a game. I'd rather talk with a Habs fan than spend any time with someone trying to convince me the NBA was any good.