MIA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

MIA

Hey gang...just wanted to pop a quick note hoping that everyone is having a great summer.  I have been following along but the firewall at work wouldn't let me make entries.  I will take it slow as to not tick off the masses with my useless hockey banter. 

I hope everyone is doing well...

Cheers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: MIA

In Response to MIA:
    [QUOTE]Hey gang...just wanted to pop a quick note hoping that everyone is having a great summer.  I have been following along but the firewall at work wouldn't let me make entries.  I will take it slow as to not tick off the masses with my useless hockey banter.  I hope everyone is doing well... Cheers
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe, you were missed by many. Glad to hear all is well. With your profession, some of us allowed our imaginations to get the best of us when wondering what could've happenned to you. BTW, I'm still a dink. Some things stay the same. Cheers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Good to know you're still alive! Miss your opinions. Enjoy the heat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Great to hear from you Shupe!! You've been missed (by most)  Surprised

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He's baaaaccckkk!Great to hear. First off what did you think of the Torres playoff suspension?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to MIA:
    [QUOTE]Hey gang...just wanted to pop a quick note hoping that everyone is having a great summer.  I have been following along but the firewall at work wouldn't let me make entries.  I will take it slow as to not tick off the masses with my useless hockey banter.  I hope everyone is doing well... Cheers

Welcome back! Sorely missed...

NAS will be happy to see this. Hmmm, you come back and we havent heard form NAS in a couple of days. Anyone thinking...nevermind, good to have you back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: MIA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to MIA : Welcome back! Sorely missed... NAS will be happy to see this. Hmmm, you come back and we havent heard form NAS in a couple of days. Anyone thinking...nevermind, good to have you back.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Mom always told me to pick my friends wisely...mom didnt like NAS.  I do though.  Haha...

Torres suspension- just so you know I did a formal thread where we broke up.  I moved on to the more trustworthy Datsyuk.  As for the suspension length...complete joke...yes it was a suspension.  I don't think anyone in hockey agrees with the length...RT has crossed the line too many times...not good for hockey...Roenick said 15 yrs ago that was a great hit.  Not in todays hockey(which I am not a big fan of). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's Shup time again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : Mom always told me to pick my friends wisely...mom didnt like NAS.  I do though.  Haha... Torres suspension- just so you know I did a formal thread where we broke up.  I moved on to the more trustworthy Datsyuk.  As for the suspension length...complete joke...yes it was a suspension.  I don't think anyone in hockey agrees with the length...RT has crossed the line too many times...not good for hockey...Roenick said 15 yrs ago that was a great hit.  Not in todays hockey(which I am not a big fan of). 
    Shupe, Roenick's logic only raises more questions for me. If that was a clean hit 15 years ago but unwelcome in today's game, why is it that today's game is so much more dangerous? Could it be as simple as the instigator rule negating immediate on-ice justice? It's puzzling at best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : Mom always told me to pick my friends wisely...mom didnt like NAS.  I do though.  Haha... 

The comment you made to NAS about Boca del Vista still makes me laugh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : Mom always told me to pick my friends wisely...mom didnt like NAS.  I do though.  Haha... Torres suspension- just so you know I did a formal thread where we broke up.  I moved on to the more trustworthy Datsyuk.  As for the suspension length...complete joke...yes it was a suspension.  I don't think anyone in hockey agrees with the length...RT has crossed the line too many times...not good for hockey...Roenick said 15 yrs ago that was a great hit.  Not in todays hockey(which I am not a big fan of). 
    Right on,i thought it was too long as well.Reputation call i guess.Datsyuk is more trustworthy by the way.Ha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Its more dangerous because the players are better conditioned, stronger, and wearing plastic armor all over their bodies and they are centering contact on a relatively unprotected portion of the body where there is the highest possibility of inflicting serious injury.

At least that's my theory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Its more dangerous because the players are better conditioned, stronger, and wearing plastic armor all over their bodies and they are centering contact on a relatively unprotected portion of the body where there is the highest possibility of inflicting serious injury. At least that's my theory.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    I have trouble buying the conditioning angle. We're only talking about 15 years ago. Nobody in the NHL today is in better shape than guys like Brindamour and Gary Roberts were 15 yeras ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Shupe Plisken...I thought you were dead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : I have trouble buying the conditioning angle. We're only talking about 15 years ago. Nobody in the NHL today is in better shape than guys like Brindamour and Gary Roberts were 15 yeras ago.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Size speed and strength in my opinion as well.  Roberts wasnt a freak his entire career...I dont think anyone in the history of the game will be better conditioned then Rob The Bod(Machine).  But when you take out the red line and don't allow players to hold up...and combine that with todays atheletes...sprinkled with the armour they wear and its a recipe for the concusion cake. 
    Players 15 years ago didnt train like they do today....sports science has come a long way...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Welcome back you dolt! Missed ya like a pimple on my behind! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : Size speed and strength in my opinion as well.  Roberts wasnt a freak his entire career...I dont think anyone in the history of the game will be better conditioned then Rob The Bod(Machine).  But when you take out the red line and don't allow players to hold up...and combine that with todays atheletes...sprinkled with the armour they wear and its a recipe for the concusion cake.  Players 15 years ago didnt train like they do today....sports science has come a long way...
    What's next? Is someone going to tell me Gretzky wouldn't dominate today's game? I know the world has changed significantly post-9/11 but has the way players train really changed that much?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Gald your back shupe the only reason I came back to the board was to tell your fans you were still alive. Glad it only took about a month after I emailed you telling you the fans wanted you back. Make sure you agree with the regular posters here on their opinions or you might end up on their blocked list hahaha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : What's next? Is someone going to tell me Gretzky wouldn't dominate today's game? I know the world has changed significantly post-9/11 but has the way players train really changed that much?

Gretzky would dominate any era as would Orr bc their brains were simply 10 steps ahead...their pure hockey skill un-questioned. 
    Back in the 70-80s players got in shape during training camp. I think sports science and the way these athletes train for hockey is light years ahead compared to 10-15 years ago.  You singled out two of the best trained hockey players of all times.  In todays game the majority of the players train like demons.  Stampkos is a prime example of how it helps.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Welcome back you dolt! Missed ya like a pimple on my behind! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

You should wash better!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Gald your back shupe the only reason I came back to the board was to tell your fans you were still alive. Glad it only took about a month after I emailed you telling you the fans wanted you back. Make sure you agree with the regular posters here on their opinions or you might end up on their blocked list hahaha.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy.  Pretty sure the regulars know what Im like...great hockey minds in here...I think there its the reason we get a lot of trolls and visitors from other sites.  Can't find a better group to chat hockey/Bruins with and I missed the dialogue.  Even if I am off base from time to time. Or more...haha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : You should wash better!
    Truer words were never written.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : Hey buddy.  Pretty sure the regulars know what Im like...great hockey minds in here...I think there its the reason we get a lot of trolls and visitors from other sites.  Can't find a better group to chat hockey/Bruins with and I missed the dialogue.  Even if I am off base from time to time. Or more...haha

I know your still a big closet habs fan but I choose to look past it since you play in my fantasy hockey league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : I know your still a big closet habs fan but I choose to look past it since you play in my fantasy hockey league.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]
    Get a room!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIA : Get a room!

Damn dez I am not the grahm james of fantasy hockey.......