Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far

stars 9-0-1 in last 10.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far

Thank goodness for Seguin moving to the next level this year, because the loss of offense from Ryder and even Recchi has not nearly been replaced. pouliot is a once a month highlight reel scorer and that's about it. Pretty soft underachiever imo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The way Ryder is playing for sure he would have helped the Bruins. Even the PP would be better.
    30 goals that's amazing although in Boston he would be at about 20goals.
    Different system, better PP in Dallas and he gets more icetime that he would get in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Loui Errison is next with 23, wow. Ryder is having a season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Good for Ryder. I was very harsh on him before the stretch run last year. But I really did want to resign him after his PO performance. I love that glove save so much, that was pure desire to win and skill on display there.

I think it was a miscalculation to walk away over about 1m and 1 yr difference over the contract. Because he sure would look good on the 2nd/3rd line right now and I would have more confidence in him in the PO than Caron/Suave/Pouliot etc..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ryder is , and always has been, a money player. he also is lazy and a distraction when he floats around the perimeter. No-one was crying when he signed with Dallas, because PC did not have him on his "must hire" list. He did the same thing after being dumped by Montreal, in his first year in Boston. Rather have him instead of Pouliot- absolutely, but money doesn't grow on trees.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In addition, there's more than Ryder on the Dallas team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far:
    [QUOTE]Ryder is , and always has been, a money player. he also is lazy and a distraction when he floats around the perimeter. No-one was crying when he signed with Dallas, because PC did not have him on his "must hire" list. He did the same thing after being dumped by Montreal, in his first year in Boston. Rather have him instead of Pouliot- absolutely, but money doesn't grow on trees.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

He always brought his a-game when it counted, and was usually a top 3-5 player in the playoffs. Is that what you mean by a "money player"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : He always brought his a-game when it counted, and was usually a top 3-5 player in the playoffs. Is that what you mean by a "money player"?
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    That's what a money player does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Never would have guessed it. I figured he'd probably glide through the first year of the deal and get 18-20 goals. When he signed with Dallas I said good for him to cash in on that playoff run but they'll wonder if he's even out there for 50 or so games. yeah, I nailed that one. What we saw in glimpses, and not nearly enough, he's doing consistently now. he was a big part of my first Stanley Cup, I'm thankful to him for that and happy he's having success.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]Never would have guessed it. I figured he'd probably glide through the first year of the deal and get 18-20 goals. When he signed with Dallas I said good for him to cash in on that playoff run but they'll wonder if he's even out there for 50 or so games. yeah, I nailed that one. What we saw in glimpses, and not nearly enough, he's doing consistently now. he was a big part of my first Stanley Cup, I'm thankful to him for that and happy he's having success.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I went to Edm-Dallas game last week. Ryder is still gliding, he had an empty netter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : I went to Edm-Dallas game last week. Ryder is still gliding, he had an empty netter.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]
    His real test is to have back to back good seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

He's a top line player on a non-playoff team.  Plays on the #1 PP, career high shooting%. This wouldn't have happened in Boston.  Put Ryder in Boston and he puts up less than 20.  Less ice time, fewer PP opportunities for $3.5 mil per year.  I'll take a 3rd line Paille at 1/3 of the salary.  At least you know what you're getting every game.  Effort every night!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

[QUOTE]Thank goodness for Seguin moving to the next level this year, because the loss of offense from Ryder and even Recchi has not nearly been replaced. pouliot is a once a month highlight reel scorer and that's about it. Pretty soft underachiever imo
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

The B's lead the NHL is goals for.  So much for the loss of offense, jackazz.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Ryder rocks! Bruins fans will forever be in his debt for the clutch goals he scored during stanleys run............we miss ya ryds.........you'll always be a Bruin!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

And don't forget about the big playoff street hockey like save Rip.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Teibore, Most of that came in November jackazz What a hockey puck. Did you take one too many shots to the head ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

You could hate the guy like I did many times but you have to give him credit for the big goals he scored at important times.  Yes I would prefer him over Pouliotte or Rolston right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh so Ryder is playing up to his skill level during the regular season. Awesome must be fun to watch as I awlways knew he could score like that I mean he's done it before.

I liked his comment earlier this season regarding how he gets playing time on the PP and with the top line(s) because you know it wasn't like Julien ever tried to get Michael going or anything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]You could hate the guy like I did many times but you have to give him credit for the big goals he scored at important times.  Yes I would prefer him over Pouliotte or Rolston right now.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

I agree but Pouliot was not signed to replace Ryder,  he was signed to help replace some of the goals . Besides Bruins did not want to sign Ryder for the salary he got in Dallas.  PC has to think of his up and coming UFAs and RFAs.
    Basically you just cannot do the comparison you're making without looking at the big picture and the players you mentioned that are strictly on the team to chip in offensively and not lead the offense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Look at the big picture the Bruins have been terrible all of 2012. No one has nearly as many goals as Michael Ryder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]He's a top line player on a non-playoff team.  Plays on the #1 PP, career high shooting%. This wouldn't have happened in Boston.  Put Ryder in Boston and he puts up less than 20.  Less ice time, fewer PP opportunities for $3.5 mil per year.  I'll take a 3rd line Paille at 1/3 of the salary.  At least you know what you're getting every game.  Effort every night!
    Posted by teibore1[/QUOTE]

You might want to check the standings, and have a glance at the #3 seed in the West.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Either way, he'd look darn good in a black n gold sweater right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : You might want to check the standings, and have a glance at the #3 seed in the West.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

LOL! apparently that is too much effort for 80% of the posters on this forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Why can't we get guys like that?

Sections
Shortcuts