Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far

In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far:
    [QUOTE]Either way, he'd look darn good in a black n gold sweater right now.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Yep, I spent 3 seasons cursing Ryder when he was a Bruin but I have to admit, I would take him & his 30 goals any day. Never thought I would say those words.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Letting Ryder go was dumb. They did little to replace his output either, which makes it even more dumb. They're showing now that the tiny deadline move to add Rolston was pretty lame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'll say this about Ryder. He's a great player with a ton of talent. With that said, he doesn't belong in places like Boston or Montreal. He doesn't handle the pressure of cities like them well and he won't succeed in those high pressure environments. Dallas is a great fit for him and he will succeed there because it is a low pressure environment and no one is always on him to do better like all of us fans were in his last two seasons here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

True, but you can't get 25-30 Goals from Ryder and 15 to 20 from Recchoi walk out the door without replacing the output.Thats what they did and created no margin for error with injuries

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You people are ridiculous. His scoring wasn't replaced? Um Seguin? Bergeron?

Would I rather have Ryder than Pouliot? Of course. Would I rather have Ryder or Pouliots SALARY. NO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say this about Ryder. He's a great player with a ton of talent. With that said, he doesn't belong in places like Boston or Montreal. He doesn't handle the pressure of cities like them well and he won't succeed in those high pressure environments. Dallas is a great fit for him and he will succeed there because it is a low pressure environment and no one is always on him to do better like all of us fans were in his last two seasons here.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Malarky.

He AVERAGED 20+ goals a year for 3 years, was a scoring threat in 3 of 3 playoff seasons and was a huge contributor to a Stanley Cup win.

"Won't succeed in high pressure?"  Ryder was better under pressure.

Being guilty of gliding during meaningless February regular season games within a defensive system but coming up huge when they needed him is the opposite of failing under pressure.

I'll take Ryder's "non-success" any day in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Boston has scored more goals this year without Ryder than they did last year with him. Yes, they have replaced his offence.  Also, Ryder would not be playing 18 minutes a game in Boston, he would be playing Pouliot's 13 minutes. Making close to 4 million. Not getting powerplay time. He would not have 30 goals here, and would not be worth 3.5. And I like Ryder, just this argument is silly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Ryder with near career high season and Wheeler with breakout season, do you think Claude Julien's system is maybe stifling the offensive side of some of our players ?

I can't helop but wonder what kind of numbers Seguin would have playing for Edmonton  or even Washington !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Not at all. Marc Savard had identical stats with Atlanta and Boston. In both places he could score in the mid 90's in points. The only difference was in Boston he did it with fewer minutes-per-game and while playing solid d.

The Boston Bruins are the league's highest scoring team. Claude does not stifle offence. He does spread out minutes which might limit an individual's stats a little bit, but not much. The real reason Ryder and Wheeler score more with their new teams is they are now first-liners on fringe playoff teams as opposed to 3rd-liners on a deep championship squad. More minutes + pp time = more points. But I don't think anyone would replace our top 4 wings with those guys.

[QUOTE]Ryder with near career high season and Wheeler with breakout season, do you think Claude Julien's system is maybe stifling the offensive side of some of our players ? I can't helop but wonder what kind of numbers Seguin would have playing for Edmonton  or even Washington !!!!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Boston has scored more goals this year without Ryder than they did last year with him. Yes, they have replaced his offence.  Also, Ryder would not be playing 18 minutes a game in Boston, he would be playing Pouliot's 13 minutes. Making close to 4 million. Not getting powerplay time. He would not have 30 goals here, and would not be worth 3.5. And I like Ryder, just this argument is silly.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    This post should answer all questions about Ryder. Maybe everyone can move on to something else,Mike doesn't play for the B's anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Goals and assists would be up, but +/- would be down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Also, you do realise that when you say "near career high season" you are referring to the career high season Ryder had.... with Claude as his coach.

[QUOTE]Ryder with near career high season and Wheeler with breakout season, do you think Claude Julien's system is maybe stifling the offensive side of some of our players ? I can't helop but wonder what kind of numbers Seguin would have playing for Edmonton  or even Washington !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]You people are ridiculous. His scoring wasn't replaced? Um Seguin? Bergeron? Would I rather have Ryder than Pouliot? Of course. Would I rather have Ryder or Pouliots SALARY. NO.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Give your own head a shake, nobody on the team has hit the 30 goal mark yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yet several have already hit the 18-goal mark, which is what he scored his last two years in Boston on the third line. Come on, surely you are smarter than to say you would replace Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, Horton or even Peverley with Ryder.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : Give your own head a shake, nobody on the team has hit the 30 goal mark yet.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Not only could Ryder score important goals at the right time but he could also make the odd vital glove save. Given his play off performance he should have been resigned with no questions asked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re-signed? Ryder signed moments after Dallas offered him. It wasn't like the B's had a chance to sign him. Enough about the former B. I'm glad he's doing well with his new team, but he was out the door faster than any player from last year's B's Cup Team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Boston has scored more goals this year without Ryder than they did last year with him. Yes, they have replaced his offence.  Also, Ryder would not be playing 18 minutes a game in Boston, he would be playing Pouliot's 13 minutes. Making close to 4 million. Not getting powerplay time. He would not have 30 goals here, and would not be worth 3.5. And I like Ryder, just this argument is silly.

And why wouldn't he get powerplay time in Boston ?  Our powerplay has been good this year? Come on !  Argue intelligently please or simply read and learn
    and stop saying an arguement is silly just because you don't agree with it .
    Ryder would contribute more to the team than these roster players :
    Caron, Thornton, Paille, Pouliot , Rolston , and Macdermid .  The $4 million contract would be well worth it since we have the cap space and it would give us a better chance at another cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ryder would be better than Pouliot at 3X the price, yes. But he wouldn't be scoring 30 goals. And you wouldn't replace Seguin, Marchand, Horton or Lucic with Ryder in the top 6 or on the power play and you know it. You wouldn't replace Peverley as the 7th forward option either. If you would have, and you were clamouring for the Bruins to offer Ryder more than the 3.5 he got with Dallas back in July, and you were saying he was going to score 30, and have proof of this, then good for you. He wouldn't get pp time in Boston because all of the above wingers are better, and because the pp was worse with him on it last year. Yes Ryder would get 18 in Pouliot's spot which is a little better than the 12 or 13 that Benoit would get over 82 games, but those 5 goals aren't worth millions. I'm sorry, but saying Ryder would be an improvement on MacDermit is not just silly, it's downright ridiculous. Of course he is better than him, but MacDermit is about 5th or 6th on the healthy scratch list and gets 8 minutes a game. Wayne Gretzky couldn't score playing in Lane's role on the Bruins. If you want to say Ryder is better than one of our top 4 or 5 wingers and would do better in that role, great! No one thinks that, but if you do, argue that. Don't say he would slot into a grinder role, play a handful of minutes and contribute and be worth his 4 million. That is silly. Come on, discuss things intellectually here.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : And why wouldn't he get powerplay time in Boston ?  Our powerplay has been good this year? Come on !  Argue intelligently please or simply read and learn and stop saying an arguement is silly just because you don't agree with it . Ryder would contribute more to the team than these roster players : Caron, Thornton, Paille, Pouliot , Rolston , and Macdermid .  The $4 million contract would be well worth it since we have the cap space and it would give us a better chance at another cup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder would be better than Pouliot at 3X the price, yes. But he wouldn't be scoring 30 goals. And you wouldn't replace Seguin, Marchand, Horton or Lucic with Ryder in the top 6 or on the power play and you know it. You wouldn't replace Peverley as the 7th forward option either. If you would have, and you were clamouring for the Bruins to offer Ryder more than the 3.5 he got with Dallas back in July, and you were saying he was going to score 30, and have proof of this, then good for you. He wouldn't get pp time in Boston because all of the above wingers are better, and because the pp was worse with him on it last year. Yes Ryder would get 18 in Pouliot's spot which is a little better than the 12 or 13 that Benoit would get over 82 games, but those 5 goals aren't worth millions. I'm sorry, but saying Ryder would be an improvement on MacDermit is not just silly, it's downright ridiculous. Of course he is better than him, but MacDermit is about 5th or 6th on the healthy scratch list and gets 8 minutes a game. Wayne Gretzky couldn't score playing in Lane's role on the Bruins. If you want to say Ryder is better than one of our top 4 or 5 wingers and would do better in that role, great! No one thinks that, but if you do, argue that. Don't say he would slot into a grinder role, play a handful of minutes and contribute and be worth his 4 million. That is silly. Come on, discuss things intellectually here. In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far :

You missed my point !

"The $4 million contract would be well worth it since we have the cap space and it would give us a better chance at another cup."  Depth is what wins cups.

Ryder on the 3rd or 4th line gives us more . $4 million would be adding a couple of million to the current payroll.  Is $2 million too much to pay for a better chance of winning the cup?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

And you miss mine. Not you or anyone else said that Ryder should have been signed last summer for 4 mil, so he shouldn't have been signed. No he is not worth 3 million more to get a handful more goals than Pouliot/Caron/Rolston as the 9th forward. No, he would not be better than Paille, Campbell or Thornton as as 4th line grinder/penalty killer. We've seen it here, he's awful on the fourth line. No it would have been a very bad decision to sign him to a $4mil contract and send him to the minors to fill the MacDermit/Sauve role. I like Ryder. Sure if we could suddenly bring him in right now it would be nice.  But no one in their right mind would have signed him in the summer for 4 mill to get 12 or 13 minutes a game or be a spare forward. Depth wins, but signing players to bloated contracts kills potential dynasties.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : You missed my point ! "The $4 million contract would be well worth it since we have the cap space and it would give us a better chance at another cup."  Depth is what wins cups. Ryder on the 3rd or 4th line gives us more . $4 million would be adding a couple of million to the current payroll.  Is $2 million too much to pay for a better chance of winning the cup?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Yet several have already hit the 18-goal mark, which is what he scored his last two years in Boston on the third line. Come on, surely you are smarter than to say you would replace Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, Horton or even Peverley with Ryder. In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far :
    I wasn't saying anything about replacing the above mentioned players. I was just saying the B's could have used Ryder's 30 goals this season. I was one of Ryder's biggest critics when he was with Boston. It just sort of ticks me off to see him scoring 30 plus with another team & see our " free agent " signing Pouliot doing absolutley nothing. I think 4 million for 30 plus goals is not that outrageous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : I wasn't saying anything about replacing the above mentioned players. I was just saying the B's could have used Ryder's 30 goals this season. I was one of Ryder's biggest critics when he was with Boston. It just sort of ticks me off to see him scoring 30 plus with another team & see our " free agent " signing Pouliot doing absolutley nothing. I think 4 million for 30 plus goals is not that outrageous.
    Jp, the problem is that Ryder was coming off of back to back 18 goal seasons in Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : Give your own head a shake, nobody on the team has hit the 30 goal mark yet.

Yea because he scored 30 goals last season. Oh wait... Oops.

Consider his production replaced.

Need I point out that we have the highest ranked offense in the league? Clearly his production and Recchi's hasn't been replaced. Because obviously best in the league isn't good enough.

Where we faulter is STOPPING goals. Not scoring goals. I'll give you that one, Ryder did make 1 phenomenal save to keep the playoffs going. So I guess Ryder could possibly help there... ha.

And just so you know, I am "giving my own head a shake" but its over the ignorance some people display when trying to argue statistics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder: 30 Goals So Far : Malarky. He AVERAGED 20+ goals a year for 3 years, was a scoring threat in 3 of 3 playoff seasons and was a huge contributor to a Stanley Cup win. "Won't succeed in high pressure?"  Ryder was better under pressure. Being guilty of gliding during meaningless February regular season games within a defensive system but coming up huge when they needed him is the opposite of failing under pressure. I'll take Ryder's "non-success" any day in Boston.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

100% agree.  I'll always appreciate Ryder's contributions in Boston, especially his post-season play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He would absolutely be on the power play.  And with injuries, he would be getting 18 minutes a game.  Sorry, dont mean to contradict you (I like your posts), but I disagree here.

Maybe, when the decision was made to let him test the free-agent market, the thought process was: we cant allocated 4 mil to a third line player who will not be on teh PP.  However, if Ryder was on the Bruins right now, he'd be playing with Bergeron and Marchand, getting 18 mins / game and playing on the PP.