Michael Ryder - question for the board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOURFACE23. Show YOURFACE23's posts

Michael Ryder - question for the board

I have been reading these boards for over two years now (I have never posted in the past). This guy is taking up valuable ice time for Seguin/Paille and any other prospect within the Bruins organization. Based on what I have read in the past I know that CJ has his back, but my question is why??? What has he really done in the past few years. I can read and understand stats so I am not looking for year over year goal scoring. He is a major bust! He is a one trick pony. Guy skates around the ice looking completely dissinterested until the puck hits his stick, and then out of nowhere he tries to be a Kovulchuk with some ridiculous moves he cant make. Its that or the guy take the same predicteable wrist shot time and time again. I realize posting on these boards does nothing for the organization, but as a fan of the game I am totally lost of why this guy has not been sat like Seguin or Lucic in the past. Think about this, we are not professional hockey players, but we are professionals within our work. If you as an employee just coasted around for a majority of the year and only picked up speed when your job is in jeapordy, would you still have a job? Especially when you have a young second round pick overall starting,sitting, starting, sitting. I am not saying Seguin should take all of his ice time, but Seguin brings a spark to the offense but he just lacks the experience. So what is Ryders excuse? I mean if you got worse and worse every year in your job would you still have it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board

Agreed.  One dimensional, doesn't create situations and etc.

I hope he isn't resigned at any price.

Yes, he does gets some goals and yes, they need to replace those goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Yourface..

you can read stats? then what ryder has done should be considered fairly signifigant..

He is a better player at this point then seguin, he is more physicaly, better with the puck and has higher offensive numbers..

Ryders job I doubt has ever really been in jeopardy, he can be a very good player when he wants to play.. you post this like everyone you have ever worked with was extremely passionate about thier job and and worked to the fullest..

He frustrates fans because he is a good player  who most nights gets by on just that..Just the same as half of the people you work with I would assume are good at what they do, but do they honestly love it?  We as fans think he should feel priviledged and love to play and work his hardest, but to alot of these guys, (especially now) hockey has become a business.. I mean ryder had several really good seasons in montreal, a poor one and found himself in the dog house of coaches with limited ice time..

Lets say for the sake of argument he was working his A%s off but not productive, they bench him and then don't sign him.. He walks away going this is a business, I get paid to score points, that is all i am going to worry about..

Teams don't love their players anymore, michael ryder is an employee they second the bruins have a better option then him, who they can pay less he will be gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOURFACE23. Show YOURFACE23's posts

Roler...

I completely agree with you that not every single employee is pationate about their job or whether you stay a top performer. However, what job would allow an employee to have back to back mediorcre seasons. Based on the stats (which I hate using), this guy is a one and done player. Meaning sign him to a 1 year deal and he will be a stellar player, almost like Miroslav Satan. In his first few years in Montreal this guy was a top performer. As time passed in Montreal he became usesless. The biggest reason Boston signed this guy is because he has a proven track record of being a 30 goal scorer. Now just based on trends here, he is doing the samething he did in Montreal. Had a stellar first season with 27 goals, but since then has had a major problem with scoring over 20 goals in a season!. But yet he keeps his average ice time. It just doesnt make any sense.

I want to stress that I was not suggesting Seguin is the answer, but Ryder is averaging 14 min a game and he does NOTHING a majority of the time. Seguin is in his first year and he looks scared half the time, but yet he has produced Ryder type numbers, but lacks the ICE TIME that Ryder does.

I guess it is more frustration as a Bruins fan... I mean the Bruins as an organization sold the entire Bruins fan base on Seguin, and how they would never trade that pick. Well now you have that pick and he is your player and you bench him every other game lately. Now what if you gave Seguin Ryders ice time every game without EVER sitting him. Is he now a 20 goal scorer in his first season? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He is simply awful...he should be scratched in favor of Paille

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board:
    [QUOTE]He is simply awful...he should be scratched in favor of Paille
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

He was invisible on Tuesday.  Sit him like Julien's done with others (Boychuk, Kampfer, Seguin).

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Peverley
    Recchi Kelly Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thornton

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOURFACE23. Show YOURFACE23's posts

He has been invisible for months! Like how many times can you bring new guys in, or switch the lines to try to get this guy going? Can somebody just admit that he is NEVER going to be the guy they expected him to be. Just move on and give these young guys more ice-time. Again, you can not teach old dogs new tricks, but you can teach new dogs new tricks. Seguin is just 1 guy that I can think of that deserves more ice-time than Ryder, I know there are plenty of guys down in Providence that would kill to be in his shoes..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

and he is your team in power play goals. He is one dimentional but when he skates its a dimention the bruins could use

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board : He was invisible on Tuesday.  Sit him like Julien's done with others (Boychuk, Kampfer, Seguin). Lucic Krejci Horton Marchand Bergeron Peverley Recchi Kelly Seguin Paille Campbell Thornton  
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

No way Clod sits his "BOY"!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board : He was invisible on Tuesday.  Sit him like Julien's done with others (Boychuk, Kampfer, Seguin). Lucic Krejci Horton Marchand Bergeron Peverley Recchi Kelly Seguin Paille Campbell Thornton  
    I'm with you on the sit him idea Huscroft.No way he should be on pace to play 82 games with the lack of effort he's put into most of them.Those lines look fine to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board : No way Clod sits his "BOY"!!!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    If he was CJ's illegitimate son that would explain alot....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd take Recchi out before I take Ryder out.At least Ryder is getting his chances.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Ryder is a headscratcher when he shows up to play he is a valuable assest to this team. Problem is most nights he just seems to be floating around out there. Maybe someone needs to piz in his cherios if thats what it takes to get him going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm not one to rag on Ryder much, but he seemed awful tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Lmfao ... Seriously how can any fan argue for this guy? How much time needs to pass , ice time wasted ... you cant even say he does one thing good. What hes a "good" 18 goal scorer? Enough w/ him ... Ryder and Wheeler should be forced to play together for the rest of their careers. I was so happy when we gave him the boot. I cant help but think of them as the same player? Wasted ice-time , wasted $ , floated around 97% of the time , oh yea thats why i think of them as the same guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I would love to see Caron with Bergie and Marchand. Put Glider, I mean Ryder with Campbell and Recchi on the 4th. Sit Thornton and Paille or demote them. If Caron had played on the big team this year he would of been much better then Ryder. This way 2 young guys (Seguin and Caron) get valuable experience for next year regardless of what happens come playoff time. 
    Lines
    Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Caron
    Peverly Kelly Seguin
    Ryder Campbell Recchi
    with bottom six interchangeable

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

D first and not developing young quick,fast,TALENT that actually likes to skate fast = no cream to win the cup in the end.Winning the cup will be an accident just like how Claude likes his goals scored.GET IT YET PEOPLE?????????????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOURFACE23. Show YOURFACE23's posts

lastnight was another example of why he needs to sit or be removed from this team. Guy pretty much had an open net opportunity and he rings the post!, had Recchi not been there game would have been 1-0 still. OPEN NET!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ryder has been AWFUL on a number of nights. Recchi and Kelly [ best game so far] seemed to have some chemistry, but Ryder did nothing to help them. He even whiffed on the play where Recchi scored.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder has been AWFUL on a number of nights. Recchi and Kelly [ best game so far] seemed to have some chemistry, but Ryder did nothing to help them. He even whiffed on the play where Recchi scored.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I tried to start another thread to no avail, but here is my answer to your question regarding Ryder.  If you read this you will see that I was quite pleased with Ryder last night.

So as were many others, I was very excited to see Peverley play with Bergeron and Marchand. This really gives us a powerful top 6.  However I didn't want Claude to do it.  I didn't like the move because I felt it left us with two fourth lines.  Watching last night, I had reason for optimism.  Ryder loves to carry the puck until he has a shot.  Kelly is adept at the breakout and makes a good first pass most of the time before his primary concern becomes defensive accountability and Recchi continues to make his primary offensive concerns crashing the net and cycling the puck with smart passes.  Add to that you have a 'great leader/motivator' playing with the guy whose effort is most often questioned.  I think these guys may actually be perfect compliments for one another.  I still worry about them as a defensive liability, given Recchi's speed and Ryder's inconsistent effort, but for a third line there will be flaws.  If this line can be competent most nights I think the lineup we played last night was close to optimal. I would go with a rotation of Paille-Seguin-Thornton, depending on opponent, but it is fair to say that even in the loss I was pleasantly surprised last night.

Was anybody else impressed by the complimentary play of Recchi and Ryder last night?  Or was it just me?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I feel like no matter what line Ryder plays on its like 2 Guys working together and Ryder just playing by himself in the corner.

Anyone who played COD will probably get this example. You have a team deathmacth and one guy is going like 15-4 or something. You think he is good but he actually just hides in the same corner by himself and does nothing to help the team win all game. Just getting points for himself and using no teamwork.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"michael ryder is an employee they second the bruins have a better option then him, who they can pay less he will be gone"

I feel he lied on his resume, Roler...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOURFACE23. Show YOURFACE23's posts

I Like,

100 percent agree with you on your point (COD). I can not remember seeing Ryder gelling with other teammates regardless of the line. Over the last few months you have really seen the first two lines gel, and the 4th line. The 3rd line seems to be the odd men out at this time. Again, I am not trying to harp on the guy I just don't see why he deserves as much ice-time as he does. Kelly and Peverley were great pick ups for a 3rd line, but Ryder doesnt seem to have the same passion and speed as the other two guys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board : He was invisible on Tuesday.   

Yeah? Who was visible on tuesday apart from Boychuk getting his butt kicked, Chara's hit, Looch's one goal and Tuukka's bad start? Anyone? Go ahead, single one guy out of a complete team failure. That's logic for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOURFACE23. Show YOURFACE23's posts

Krispy

At no point did I mention Ryders efforts (or the teams) on Tuesday night. Nor did this post start due to that game. I can tell by your picture that you are a Ryder fan... Can you honestly back this guy? I absolutely hate bringing this up but Ryder was the only guy in plain view of Savard when Cooke destroyed him. And your boy looked like a lost puppy, and has ever since. I did not mean for this to turn into a personal attack on Ryder, but nobody on this board can defend a guy that looks dissinterested 78% of the time...

Sections
Shortcuts