Michael Ryder - question for the board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: Michael Ryder - question for the board

Ryder can be frustrating at times .I don't think I would bring him back next year but at this point Paille or Seguin are not upgrades.When Ryder is on his game he can be a gamebreaker and if he gets hot he can really carry a team.Too many no-shows the last couple of years though.He would have to have an awesome playoffs[which he might] to get me to want to bring him back nest year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Ryder is a good player.  Most people would say a guy that consistantly scores between 20 and 30 goals at the NHL to be a solid player.  He has some decent speed and grit and does the litttle things in his own end pretty well.  The problem is that he has his ups and downs in terms of production and when he isn't going well that toe-drag of his can be annoying to watch.  People have high expectations of him but if you take him for what he is, he's a decent player.  He's also been good in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

leads...team...powerplay...goals

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Facts about Ryder: 17 goals and 5th highest scorer on team.

Is he awful? If you think so, you would have to argue that most of the forwards on this team stink.  Not the case.

Dislike Ryder?  I could understand why:
    -he is not the Bruins prototypical player: hits hard, physical, Big,Bad, Bruin...
    -he coasts around the ice quite a bit and is not a quick skater
    -he is very streaky and is never quick to dish the puck

I could agree with the comments above but to say he stinks and bench him now is ridiculous.  Seguin will be fine down the line but not right now.  Paille has zero hands and zero offensive skills. Ryder is a huge upgrade from him in the lineup.  I'll keep the 5th leading scorer in the lineup, thank you very much.  BTW-the 5th leading scorer has scored most of those goals(and some pp goals) playing with 3rd line talent all season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

That's because he shoots whenever he gets the puck...even if its from center ice.  He's such a puck hog it makes me sick...he will have a 3 on 1 and end up shooting.

I bet Seguin could lead the team in PP goals, if he actually got PP time over Ryder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ryder plays. There is nobody else the Bruins can fill his shoes with. Your dreaming if you think Seguin or Pallie will ever score in the playoffs. And there is nobody else down on the farm. Ryders in. Period.

Sections
Shortcuts