Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins

In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins:[QUOTE]Haven't seen much of him, but from what I have, he looks to have solid positioning, a good first pass, and is solid from the point. That your take San?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Seen him live twice and on the tele about 6 or 7 times so I would say that I have the same take. Me thinks what Crowls is getting at and what most posters know is GMs sign these types then want them to immediately help down on the farm then get past a Hunwick/Kampfer stall (so to speak).

Imagine how cool it would be Red if Krug, Florek and Trotman (who scored the  game winner last night for Providence) help the most-of-the-year beleaguered P-Bruins get into the AHL playoffs. These signings are worth a shot and are of course low cost so that will please the bean counter in Buffalo win, win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

While NAS pounds Red [so to speak] I think the whole line is irrelevant. Dougie Howser-Hamilton is showing that he's an offensive force and will be playing in the bigs along with a resigned Zanon.
    Chara-Seids
    Manchuk-Quaider
    Zanon-Dougie
    [Ference]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to "Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins": [QUOTE]While NAS pounds Red [so to speak] I think the whole line is irrelevant. Dougie Howser-Hamilton is showing that he's an offensive force and will be playing in the bigs along with a resigned Zanon. Chara-Seids Manchuk-Quaider Zanon-Dougie [Ference] Posted by number08[/QUOTE] You're crazy if you think ference is sitting next year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Why would you want Zanon, except as a 7th d-man?
    And to play while Ference sits? Not a chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins:
    [QUOTE]While NAS pounds Red [so to speak] I think the whole line is irrelevant. Dougie Howser-Hamilton is showing that he's an offensive force and will be playing in the bigs along with a resigned Zanon. Chara-Seids Manchuk-Quaider Zanon-Dougie [Ference]
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Manchuk and Quaider?

Terrible.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Boyle's 5'11" and close to 200lbs.  Not big, certainly, but not tiny.

Francois Bouillion, M-A Bergeron, and Brett Lebda are closer, but they key is that all of them come in in the mid-190s in weight - low centre of gravity makes a difference, and if you imagine that weight over a shorter frame, it means a bit more than a 6'4" 200 kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : Sigh, why do I bother even talking to Captain Grumpy?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, on behalf of all the men on here that actually respect women (and have seen one naked) I must apologize for him.  His mom probably didnt let him borrow the car so he has his cranky pants on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins": You're crazy if you think ference is sitting next year.
    Posted by originalcallodthedom[/QUOTE]

He won't sit, someone's always injured -often him. I love him as much as anyone especially after the phantom finger but his age and size are catching up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

at 175lbs he will definitely need to put on some weight no matter how good a skater he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : He won't sit, someone's always injured -often him. I love him as much as anyone especially after the phantom finger but his age and size are catching up.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Based upon what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : Red, on behalf of all the men on here that actually respect women (and have seen one naked) I must apologize for him.  His mom probably didnt let him borrow the car so he has his cranky pants on.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Down, boy.  She doesn't like men. 

And how do you have over 200 posts and I have never seen your name before?  No need to apologize for me.  She can apologize for herself for going all Duinne on us and making things up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]at 175lbs he will definitely need to put on some weight no matter how good a skater he is.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I just looked up this character in hockey db.  I thought he was as wide as he was tall.  Guess he played bigger.  Played big enough to DESTROY at least one guy who was taller and heavier.

from hockeydb

Stan Jonathan

Left Wing
    Born May 9 1955 -- Oshweken, ONT 
    Height 5.08 -- Weight 175 -- Shoots L

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : I just looked up this character in hockey db.  I thought he was as wide as he was tall.  Guess he played bigger.  Played big enough to DESTROY at least one guy who was taller and heavier. from hockeydb Stan Jonathan Left Wing Born May 9 1955 -- Oshweken, ONT  Height 5.08 -- Weight 175 -- Shoots L
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

The guys were much smaller back then.  Cashman was only 180lbs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah.  The 70s were a loooooong time ago.  Robinson was only 6'3" and 220.  Denis Potvin was 6' and 200lbs.  Park was 6' and ranged from 190-275....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : The guys were much smaller back then.  Cashman was only 180lbs!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, egos were smaller, too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love how NAS whines when people don't talk hockey, then proceeds to go out and attempt to kill every hockey discussion with unrelated flamethrowing.

Fraud.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : Down, boy.  She doesn't like men.  And how do you have over 200 posts and I have never seen your name before?  No need to apologize for me.  She can apologize for herself for going all Duinne on us and making things up.

This is not a dating site, if you feel it is maybe you have more in common with Red then you think.

With Corvo and Motteau (sp?) sitting what is the reasoning by calling him to the big club

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I love how NAS whines when people don't talk hockey, then proceeds to go out and attempt to kill every hockey discussion with unrelated flamethrowing. Fraud.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I attempted to kill a hockey discussion by discussing hockey?

Oh, you mean the part where Red made some outrageous statement about how she watched two college hockey games and remembers, based upon the player having a few assists, that an undrafted, unsigned defenseman was good positionally and made good first passes?  Yeah, I called her out on that because it's ridiculous.  She's becoming quite well known for doing that sort of thing around here.  I talk about what I know and don't talk about what I don't.  She's trying to know it all.  So that bugs me.

But, you know, back to hockey.

Cashman was considered a bad man back then.  Imagine if, in his prime, he had to fight today's Lucic?  It would be a tough night for the Bruins captain!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : I attempted to kill a hockey discussion by discussing hockey? Oh, you mean the part where Red made some outrageous statement about how she watched two college hockey games and remembers, based upon the player having a few assists, that an undrafted, unsigned defenseman was good positionally and made good first passes?  Yeah, I called her out on that because it's ridiculous.  She's becoming quite well known for doing that sort of thing around here.  I talk about what I know and don't talk about what I don't.  She's trying to know it all.  So that bugs me. But, you know, back to hockey. Cashman was considered a bad man back then.  Imagine if, in his prime, he had to fight today's Lucic?  It would be a tough night for the Bruins captain!

Lars Volden
    Denis Reul

I've seen both of those players once.  I have tried to rinse my eyeballs with bleach, yet the images of those players have remained with me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I haven't seen either play, but size on D does not concern me. If you are good, height doesn't matter. Hockey is played on the ice, not above your head. An extra inch does not make a difference. Even if the guy was 6'1", there would be guys who would muscle him out of the crease. Hopefully he has another skill set that is useful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Who has actually seen this kid play?

Do we have another Brian Rafalski here, or a reasonable facsimile, at least?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : Down, boy.  She doesn't like men.  And how do you have over 200 posts and I have never seen your name before?  No need to apologize for me.  She can apologize for herself for going all Duinne on us and making things up.

I like men a lot. In fact I like them more than most women I meet.
    I just don't want to screw them.
    When I watch a game I try to pay attention. Sometimes I miss some things, but I have a good grasp for the game. I asked San after I had wathched that player twice if his read on him was the same after he watched him far more times. That was the extent of my question. NAS, if you're obssessed with me that's cool. You wouldn't be the first straight guy with a lesbian fetish. But you're best off to just admit it and move on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Who has actually seen this kid play? Do we have another Brian Rafalski here, or a reasonable facsimile, at least?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I've watched him twice on the tube. Was good enough to grab my attention, but in my limited observations, he's no Rafalski.

Sections
Shortcuts