Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgv_Hfueiho

I'm sure there will be some better videos of this goal as the day goes on but right now 19 year old 2010 1st round draft pick of the Minnesota Wild has given Finland the lead after two periods against Russia today...

Who was it on the University of Michigan that did this before ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC

Yep Sick goal Dog!
     The U of M player was Mike Legg, or Gregg I believe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sweet goal.

Crosby did it too, in junior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZfOT7-ADU

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hopefully better videos of the goal will go up especially ones that pan to Kovalchuk and Ovechkin after jaws were dropped in disbelief!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was Mike Legg.  (from memory) I believe he said that he learned the move from former Providence Bruins (Bill?) Armstrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

He made it look so easy. Pretty ridiculous goal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

the close-up on the goalies face is priceless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the hockey version of the slam dunk. beauty eh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xprodigy. Show xprodigy's posts

In Response to Re: Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC:
    the hockey version of the slam dunk. beauty eh?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

As amazed as I am over the goal, I am equally disturbed.  Is that a "hockey move"  I'm pretty much of a libertarian when it comes to the game, leave it alone but I find myself wondering if "carrying the puck" should be against the rules. Imagine how you'd feel if you're team was scored against on a move like that?  In a playoff game perhaps!  Of if the opposing team sets up behind their own net for the break out and a player literally moves the puck up ice by "carrying" it and shielding the play with his body.  Yea, I know he probably get crunched, but as these skills develop I think it's a cause for concern. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC : As amazed as I am over the goal, I am equally disturbed.  Is that a "hockey move"  I'm pretty much of a libertarian when it comes to the game, leave it alone but I find myself wondering if "carrying the puck" should be against the rules. Imagine how you'd feel if you're team was scored against on a move like that?  In a playoff game perhaps!  Of if the opposing team sets up behind their own net for the break out and a player literally moves the puck up ice by "carrying" it and shielding the play with his body.  Yea, I know he probably get crunched, but as these skills develop I think it's a cause for concern. 
    Posted by xprodigy

How many players are actually good enough to pull off that move in a game situation? I say if you have the hands and guts to pull a play like that off, have at it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

His is better then Leggs goal..Legg had time to set it up while this was done on the move. Either way, nasty

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Should have been called back as stick was def above cross bar, so in NHL it would be no goal. Syd did this in junior and was called out for it because it is not hockey, but his stick stayed below the net.

If you want to play lacrosse have at it, no place in hockey. You allow this, goalies are going to be allowed to bulk up even more like in lacrosse, where they almost cover the whole net.

A can of worms may be opened, watch March score 2 like this tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

lacrosse style.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC : How many players are actually good enough to pull off that move in a game situation? I say if you have the hands and guts to pull a play like that off, have at it.
    Posted by red75

Agreed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xprodigy. Show xprodigy's posts

In Response to Re: Mikael Granlund Goal. Team Finland vs Russia IIHF WC : Agreed.
    Posted by jalvis
    I get that, but younger generations do things with skateboards, bikes and ski's that we're never imagined (or practiced) when I was growing up.  Those skills are being practiced and perfected.  Again, while I am amazed by it, I don't view it as a hockey skill I want to see become part of the game.

Sections
Shortcuts