Mike Fisher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Re: Mike Fisher

Sorry Shupe, got a little busy there, I do have a reply for you, but its long and will have to wait until at least tomorrow

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Eric,
    no worries dude.  good chats

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Well now if Assuming Savvy is done. I would LOVE to have Mike Fisher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, with the news on Savard, there is a whole new appeal to Mike Fischer.  I think he would now be a good addition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Fisher:
    Eric, Which players step it up for the record.  Just so I know.  I know Lucic and Recchi played well as well as Krejci before he went down.  But what about all the duds that filter this roster.  There are a lot more no shows than keepers.  I love the Bruins.  I just don't love the Bruins roster as it stands.  Very weak on the PP which is crucial in the playoffs.  We have a good group of Dmen but outside Chara who do you rely on.  I mean seriously rely on in the crunch.  You see what Philly did with 4 above avg. dmen who can log lots of minutes. I just don't see this team with the killer mentality.  The last 2 yrs have been terrible in terms of our exit from the playoffs.  I give any team playing the Bruins a legit chance.  Why? for the same reason as the last 2 yrs.  Teams keep it close and then out will the Bruins.  And we rely too heavily on Chara.  The fact Savy is out doesnt help either.  Horton, Ryder, Wheeler? Where are our sure things.  Where is our top 4 dmen.  It doesnt compare with teams that are gonna make a run. Philly- has the best 6 dmen in the league, 3 lines that can score. a solid PP, physical a great captain/assist captain and now experience. Go to players as well. Pitt- great top 4 dmen, experience, two of the best players in the world and a goalie that when on is amazing. Wash- weak in goal and the blue line but in a short series Ovie can dominate. Tampa- found a goalie, have 2 deadly scoring lines, a wicked PP and play a 1-3-1 system that would frustrate. I wouldnt wanna play any of these teams.  Yes we have the best goalie of the group but we don't have the extra elements these team have.  I think the Bruins can be shut down as is evident in the last 2 yrs by team that they should have beat.  Hopefully we have learned our lesson.  But I just don't see the same team you do. 
    Posted by shuperman

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Fisher is a good choice if Savard is gone for the season, which is probable based on his emotional reactions. Chia has done very well in bringing the Bruins back from the lockout disaster by adding approximately 4 rookies per year. He has also done well in salary allocations ,contrary to many on here, including myself. I thought Ference was overpaid, but, look how well he has played. Never thought a 5MIl commitment to a Vezina winner was wrong and look how Timmy has proven his value. Right now Chia has trade bait in Stuart or Boychuck, or Wheeler, or Ryder, or even Horton, though I expect him to get results based on Campbell's oft quoted confidence. The proposal listed that would bring Fisher and Phillips is beneficial to both clubs, so let's see if Chia is on the same wave length

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If Brian Murray entertains offers for Fisher Chiarelli should make the neccasary moves to get him he's a finisher.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Sandog, you haven't looked up his stats. If you had, you'd see he popped only 25 times in his best season. Even Blake Wheeler can do that or close to it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

To shuperman
                       As you probably know the bruins took care of Philly,Pittsburgh,Washington and Tampa so far this season.Scoring more their defence shut them down.Their goaltending was better and they were the better overall team.Come playoff time a hot goalie can take you far into the playoffs
    and if they start skating and hitting anything other than black & gold they will be a force to reckoned with.So stop trying to trade some of these players and stop second guessing the management and let them do their job. They've done a good job so far

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I absolutely love Fisher and I get all the Sens games as well and he is probably one of my favorite players in the league.  He hits, scores, fights(on occasion) and always gives an honest effort.  The Sens are looking to rebuild.  They need dmen as well and this is where Stuart may come into play.  I think the Sens would be hesitant to deal with the Bruins.  But if the right pkg was offered I think we make ideal trade partners with them. How about Stuart/Wheeler/Ryder 1st round pick(Leafs or Bruins) for Phillips/Fisher(Bruins are said to have strong interest in Phillips). We may need to add more.  Ottawa is gonna lose Phillips regardless and can use Stuart to replace him.  Ryder contract expires anyway.  They land Wheeler who does hold value and they also get a 1st rounder.  Phillips is a top shut down guy...and Fisher although a center would be a very healthy addition.  Money wise Phiilps/Fisher approx 8 Million.  Stuart/Ryder/Wheeler approx 8 mil. Can I please have support to be an assist GM.
    Posted by shuperman

My issue here shupe is why would Murray want to trade Fisher?  Ottawa is done.  They're merely running out the clock for this year.  It would seem to me that Fisher would be about the last guy they'd want to trade when they're rebuilding.  He's signed reasonably for a few more years, he's good, and he's not old.  A team not going to the playoffs has no need for a Ryder.  They can get him for less in a few months anyway.  He's just expensive baggage for a non contender.  Outside of a contender, anyone with any interest in Ryder, will look to sign him for less money than he's making now, while giving up zero in time for next year.  This year doesn't matter.  They'd be far better off trying to break in some prospects for the remainder of the year and be fiscally responsible.
    If Savard is done for the year(I sure hope he's gonna be fine) the b's could be in great shape to acquire a top end rental at the deadline without having to give away much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Ottawa will want Toronto's pick.  PC will have to convince them to take a package of prospects, 2nd rounders, and Andrew Ference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Ottawa will want Toronto's pick.  PC will have to convince them to take a package of prospects, 2nd rounders, and Andrew Ference.
    Posted by olsonstephanie

yeah, let's trade ference. the last thing you want to do is head into the playoffs with 7 nhl-caliber dmen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Wheels and a 2nd this year and a 2nd in 2012.  Big Fish would be nice..  then see what the Maple Laughs want for Kaberle.  Maybe Ference, Hamil and good dentist to fix up Kulemin would do the trick...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Mike Fisher is not Marian Hossa, it won't take TOR's 1st to acquire him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Mike Fisher:
    The addition of Fisher to this team, I feel, could really set this team up for a long playoff run.  The guys has skill, character, and can play in any situation.  He's having a rough time in Ottawa right now.  Bring him to Boston, have Chara show him around town. What we have to offer in return?  I'll leave that up for debate.
    Posted by everyname

I really dont see what some of you may see in Fisher....Never really stood out to me...Ive always thought he is a fill in player who contributes a little here a little there...Definitely dont see him as the player that gets the B's to turn the corner and win the SC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Fisher : Sandog, you haven't looked up his stats. If you had, you'd see he popped only 25 times in his best season. Even Blake Wheeler can do that or close to it. Posted by Wheatskins

If you think that Blake Wheeler and Mike Fisher are on the same level as players then you simply don't know hockey. Fisher goes into corners with tenacity, hits, scores in traffic, scores from angles that Blake Wheeler would dream of. Put Fisher with either Savard, Krejci or Bergeron his numbers would explode.

I'm pretty surprised Skins that you would actually compare a softie like Wheeker to a hard nosed player like Fisher. I'm going to have to read your posts more carefully now cause you've kinda downgraded yourself with this kind of boast intriguing to say the least LoL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Sandog, you are a kind sort. Putting others down to upgrade yourself.

Did you not post that Fisher was "a finisher"? To me that means scoring goals, unless it means something else on the left coast where you reside.

Mr. Fisher is a marginal score at best. Wheeler, as a scorer, is in the same class.

If you had mentioned the other items (corner work, finishing checks etc) then I would have presented a different arguement and example.

So when you talk apples, I reply with apples. Don't come back to me with oranges, and then tell me I don't know about hockey.

Anyway, have you been up to Santa Anita, lately?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wow you are serious...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Wow you are really funny...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Shupe,

I would add Chara and yes Ryder (I know the stats don't really support it) to your short list.  Maybe it isn't so much the individual players that I believe will step up, but the team as a whole.  Seems to me like the team knows its good, and knows the playoffs are all that matters, and is just coasting into the playoffs, trying to limit injuries and body wear, something that is sure to happen when you play all out all year.  Either way I may have to concede this point to you, but I'll go a different route.

Playoffs are a different game than the regular season, and here are the strengths that I believe make the most difference:

1.Physical play.  In a long series, wearing an opponent down in early games pays huge dividends in later games, not so in the RegSsn where the next team on the schedule benefits when you wear down a team.  I think the B's are 1 of the more physically capable teams in the league and I think theyll come out come playoff time.

2. A Top notch goaltender that can steal games and/or goaltending depth.  Bruins have both, is there another team that can say that?

3. 5on5 Goal differential.  A lot of people like to say that PP% is a playoff stat but I disagree, there are far fewer penalties called in the playoffs, meaning more time is spent playing 5on5. the top 6 this year:
    Bruins & Flyers 1.43 goals scored for every goal against 5on5
    Canucks 1.32
    Penguins 1.25
    Hawks 1.16
    Wings 1.14
    A lot of contenders in that list.

Killer mentality? yeah I havent seen it either, they either don't have it or are waiting patiently for the games that matter.  I've decided I just have to wait and see on that one, although I'll agree that it makes the difference between legitimate contender and a long shot. My bet? you'll see it come playoff time.

Teams that scare me?  Philly and Pittsburgh.  Philly is my cup favorite as much as I hate to admit it.  Deep offensively and defensively and physical.  Someone will have to expose their mediocre goaltending to knock them off.  Pitt didn't scare me in years past because the defense has been capable of holding back Crosby and Malkin and they've been able to score on Fleury and the weak D.  This year however, Pitt has much better D, don't want to face them.

Wash and Tampa don't really scare me, they are both wide open, not-too-physical teams that the B's should be able to handle in a 7gm series.  I'd rather face them than MTL, who always play tough in the playoffs, and the NYR with lundqvist, who the B's have had a lot of trouble scoring against.

I put the B's at 3rd best in the east with a solid 15% (about 1 in 6) to win the cup.  15% might not look like much but consider that the avg playoff team is 6.25% or 1 in 16.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Fisher : Shupe, I would add Chara and yes Ryder (I know the stats don't really support it) to your short list.  Maybe it isn't so much the individual players that I believe will step up, but the team as a whole.  Seems to me like the team knows its good, and knows the playoffs are all that matters, and is just coasting into the playoffs, trying to limit injuries and body wear, something that is sure to happen when you play all out all year.  Either way I may have to concede this point to you, but I'll go a different route. Playoffs are a different game than the regular season, and here are the strengths that I believe make the most difference: 1.Physical play.  In a long series, wearing an opponent down in early games pays huge dividends in later games, not so in the RegSsn where the next team on the schedule benefits when you wear down a team.  I think the B's are 1 of the more physically capable teams in the league and I think theyll come out come playoff time. 2. A Top notch goaltender that can steal games and/or goaltending depth.  Bruins have both, is there another team that can say that? 3. 5on5 Goal differential.  A lot of people like to say that PP% is a playoff stat but I disagree, there are far fewer penalties called in the playoffs, meaning more time is spent playing 5on5. the top 6 this year: Bruins & Flyers 1.43 goals scored for every goal against 5on5 Canucks 1.32 Penguins 1.25 Hawks 1.16 Wings 1.14 A lot of contenders in that list. Killer mentality? yeah I havent seen it either, they either don't have it or are waiting patiently for the games that matter.  I've decided I just have to wait and see on that one, although I'll agree that it makes the difference between legitimate contender and a long shot. My bet? you'll see it come playoff time. Teams that scare me?  Philly and Pittsburgh.  Philly is my cup favorite as much as I hate to admit it.  Deep offensively and defensively and physical.  Someone will have to expose their mediocre goaltending to knock them off.  Pitt didn't scare me in years past because the defense has been capable of holding back Crosby and Malkin and they've been able to score on Fleury and the weak D.  This year however, Pitt has much better D, don't want to face them. Wash and Tampa don't really scare me, they are both wide open, not-too-physical teams that the B's should be able to handle in a 7gm series.  I'd rather face them than MTL, who always play tough in the playoffs, and the NYR with lundqvist, who the B's have had a lot of trouble scoring against. I put the B's at 3rd best in the east with a solid 15% (about 1 in 6) to win the cup.  15% might not look like much but consider that the avg playoff team is 6.25% or 1 in 16.
    Posted by Eric66

I agree with everything  you've written.2 months from now we can see what they're made of but,for now,I like their chances as much as most other teams.Philly and Pitt are scary in the east but hopefully we get a crack at them.Van and Det look great but if we play either in the post-season I will be thrilled.

Sections
Shortcuts