Mike Milbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Mike Milbury

Dbag that he his

According to Mike the Bruins didn't even show up to play.

The penguins simply beat themselves. Even though the Bruins defense held them to 2 goals in four games and the B's averaging 3 goals a game . The guy has a serious dislike for the Bruins.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the B's style game but I do think it has it's advantage in a 7 game series

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Mike Milbury

Well he was watching a different gm than the rest of us. I thought they played great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the B's style game but I do think it has it's advantage in a 7 game series

Seems their style has advantages in a 4 game series too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya the way Milbury talks its as if he is a pens fan, that he has to rip on them, because he was upset they lost. Yes the Pens didnt play up to expectations, but the B's played great. They were the reason the Pens didnt play up to expectations. The B's shut them down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Seems their style has advantages in a 4 game series too!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Milbury can't come to the realization that he was a marginal player, a mediocre coach and one of the worst GM's in the history of the NHL. And now he's the Court Jester of hocky analysts. Give him credit though -- he's a real menace with a shoe in his hand.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Milbury can't come to the realization that he was a marginal player, a mediocre coach and one of the worst GM's in the history of the NHL. And now he's the Court Jester of hocky analysts. Give him credit though -- he's a real menace with a shoe in his hand.

He's figured out how to keep getting someone to pay him for his opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He played 754 NHL games.  Hardly marginal.

He coached the B's to five of seven playoffs wins.  That's pretty good.

His GM moves were made at the direction of Wang.

I think he does a fine job as an analyst.

He's been in pro hockey for 40 years.  I give him a ton of credit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

According to Mike the Bruins didn't even show up to play.

The penguins simply beat themselves. Even though the Bruins defense held them to 2 goals in four games and the B's averaging 3 goals a game . The guy has a serious dislike for the Bruins.

The B's played fine, but Pitt certainly played poorly.  Milbury loves the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

He was not being partial imo.  The Pens did not play well.  He made constant remarks how the Bs defense strangled the Pens.  He did mention of the poor officiating yet he used examples on both teams.  I personally disagree on the non calls as the playoff games are better w/o interference from the refs. Finally he has dropped the "Don Cherry" hyperbole from several years ago.  Even the "dicck" Keith Jones served up the comment that the Bs defense deserves credit.  

Love the media hype: The King is unbeatable, cooked and done by the Bs.  The Pens offense is unstoppable, cooked and burned by the Bs.  Next?

Don't judge me monkey!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NBC wants Mike and pays Mike to be like Mike. They want him to yell, snarl, argue and be confrontational. Cosell invented the hated TV anaylyst and the networks want the "Bill Walton" type now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He was right in his analysis of the Penguins.  I've heard him praise the B's many times. Just a few days ago he essentially praised Campbell's courage  TTE "He's no Italian soccer player"

I loved his Olympics comment about suckiness of "Eurotrash hockey"In refering to soft play by some...fits so well with the Sundins

He's supposed to be edgy. He was a very solid defenseman in his day. Just because he doesn't praise the B's in every sentence doesn't mean he does not appreciate them.  In fact he would have fit very nicely with this group.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

NBC wants Mike and pays Mike to be like Mike. They want him to yell, snarl, argue and be confrontational. Cosell invented the hated TV anaylyst and the networks want the "Bill Walton" type now.

Well said. Mil bury has to do and say things to keep his image as a controversial type, he's a bruins fan.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

I think he picked the Penns and was giving hefty odds and lost his azz. He was pizzed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Watched just about all of the intermission reports for every game in the league on NBCSN. 

I think Milbury gave plenty of due props to the B's and didn't have an anti-Bruins stance. Yeah, he stirred the mud a bit, but thats his job. 

I'll bet folks in Pitt think he was totally B's biased the whole series...heck, I'll bet every city thinks the press is against their team.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will give the bruins credit for playing a style that has them in the cup finals.  I think they were able to frustrate and plant that seed of doubt.  I also think pitt should have lost to the nyi.  I think they out skilled ottawa.   They are fueled by the pp.  they didnt get 5 plus pp a game.  They didnt lead once.  I think pitt played terrible.  I think the bruins played bruins hockey.  the bruins are on a roll.  They are healthy, have great goal tending, getting lucky bounces and scoring timely goals.

I think i said any team that has this can win.   Look at Chicago.  Same thing.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

i think mike had to much to drink last night 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Well said.

A lot also has to with what SanDog is saying above, NBC wants him to be like that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

good one. tory krug, right now, is better than milbury ever was.

Krug is better than Joe Zanussi was at any rate.  Milbury was a big tough defenseman similar to Boychuk. If you are going to compare at least get the style right.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

Well said. Mil bury has to do and say things to keep his image as a controversial type, he's a bruins fan.  

i prefer don cherry.

Yes -- Grapes is quite the entertainer -- If we could just get him to understand -- That is not SCOTT Thornton that plays for the Bruins. Still would like to know where you shop for a wardrobe like that -- Stevie Wonder's Clothing Store.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Grapes shops at the same Thrift Shop Macklemore does.  I used to love him especially when he was coach, but he's practically senile now

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Number of games played -- I give him credit for the survival aspect but never ranked up there with the better d-men in the league. Got support from some pretty good players

Got to coach players like Bourque, Neely, Janny, Etc -- On the plus side credit due -- 2 of the playoff series wins were against Habs.

Letting a ditz like Wang control you as a GM makes me realize how dumb he really is.

On the other hand he must be pretty smart to have NBC Sports continue to pay him and put him on the air. He has calmed his act down a bit this year. Maybe he's afraid JR might get up and do a McSorley/Nystorm beatdown on him again.

Yes -- 40 years is a long time to bounce around from one hockey job to another. Next try -- Zamboni driver

Sections
Shortcuts