Mike Milbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Mike Milbury

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Letting a ditz like Wang control you as a GM makes me realize how dumb he really is.

You realize that Wang is the owner of the team, right?

If so, your statement makes no sense.  He's dumb for doing his job.

If not, you need to take a look at some hockey history before commenting on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Pitt did play awful - yes Boston played great, but ripping Pitts makes sense to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

According to Mike the Bruins didn't even show up to play.

The penguins simply beat themselves. Even though the Bruins defense held them to 2 goals in four games and the B's averaging 3 goals a game . The guy has a serious dislike for the Bruins.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the B's style game but I do think it has it's advantage in a 7 game series

Your not a fan of the Bruins style of play ????  You got something wrong with being ECC ?  And soon to be Stanley Cup Champs ????   You're a Bruin fan , right ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Ripping Pittsburgh is going to be popular amongst the talking heads.  They all picked them, so ripping them rather than praising the B's fits with the Network nitwits.  Funny thing is Milbury is more likely to throw bones at the Bruins than many of the others.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I prefer the Mike Milbury version of Mike Milbury rather than the Glen Healy version of Mike Milbury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I prefer the Mike Milbury version of Mike Milbury rather than the Glen Healy version of Mike Milbury.

I prefer the mute button to both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Hey guys- anybody is better than listening to Jack Edwards--WHAt a BOZO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

OrrandShore, you're such a dope, I'm not even going to give my thoughts on your opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

How the heck can you not like Jack??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeresJohnny. Show HeresJohnny's posts

Funny thing about my opinion of Milbury, I really like him when I agree with him, which is a majority of the time.  I appreciate his candor and in the more extreme case, his bluntness and lack of tact.  For example, his calling Crosby a punk and Matt Cooke a skunk.   I like his approach better than the watered-down, milk toast analysts.  But when I disagree with him, I find him to be a major league jerk. 

It does seem that he's vying to be the next Don Cherry, the man who brought Milbury into the NHL in the first place, and now, apparently, his mentor as a hockey analyst. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Letting a ditz like Wang control you as a GM makes me realize how dumb he really is.

You realize that Wang is the owner of the team, right?

If so, your statement makes no sense.  He's dumb for doing his job.

If not, you need to take a look at some hockey history before commenting on it.

Many owners interfere -- some don't. Wang is one of those that needs to butt out since he knows as much about hockey as most of us know about brain surgery. Mike pulled some triggers on some pretty nutty stuff. If those were Wang's ideas -- bless them both.

http://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-worst-mike-milbury-trades-contracts-and-transactions/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

I disagree.  The Leafs' play-by-play guy Joe Bowen.  He of the "Thank YOU Kessel!" call of the earlier series with Toronto?  Now that's a bozo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Many owners interfere -- some don't. Wang is one of those that needs to butt out since he knows as much about hockey as most of us know about brain surgery. Mike pulled some triggers on some pretty nutty stuff. If those were Wang's ideas -- bless them both.

http://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-worst-mike-milbury-trades-contracts-and-transactions/

Over the years, I've done extensive research on Milbury, including an interview with the man himself.  Wang was being the crazy deals.  Every one of them.

How is Milbury a ditz for doing what his boss told him to do? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I disagree.  The Leafs' play-by-play guy Joe Bowen.  He of the "Thank YOU Kessel!" call of the earlier series with Toronto?  Now that's a bozo.

OrrandShore is a Habs troll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

Over the years, I've done extensive research on Milbury, including an interview with the man himself.  Wang was being the crazy deals.  Every one of them.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree that Milbury is a good hockey guy.  I don't agree with everything he says, but respect his opinion.

As for his accomplishments, his 754 GP rank 4th in team history among d-men.  As coach, his winning% was .631 in year 1 which included a Cup Final and .625 in year 2 which included a loss in the Conference Final.  Pretty good stuff there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I've probably known about Milbury longer than most since his days playing for Walpole high School and Boston College, then the bruins under Don cherry. He has made a successful Niche for himself both inside and outside hockey. He is a solid Bruins fan, and is being paid for his observations whether anyone watching likes them or not. Once again , the trolls and unknowing seem to splatter these pages with lack of knowledge. I'm thankful for the regulars like NAS, Sandog, Crowls , Red, Richhill, etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is a smart man... he saw the potential in a REALLY tall dude from slovakia, and gave him a shot in the nhl... we all all know him as BIG Z- CAPTAIN OF THE 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS. hopefully in a week or two, we can ammend that, and add 2013!! any guy who refers to the sedin brothers as "thelma and louise" is alright by me.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Interesting.  Tell more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Interesting.  Tell more.

Before the internet turned every guy with a keyboard into a writer, it was pretty easy to secure interviews with just about any sports figure.  A simple call to the relations department of any team or station could get 10 minutes with almost anyone.

I was trying to get an article published in THN and Jason Kay kept rejecting everything I sent.  I interviewed Milbury in hopes of writing a beast.  Sadly, most of what Milbury told me was off the record.  Never got published.  Boo to that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Milbury was a hard-working dman and a good coach for the B's. He's a fun commentator who may inherit Cherry's spot in NHL critique. But I was disappointed in that he kept harping on Jagr's play on Malkin, which I still think was brilliant on Jaromir's part, and calling it a "hook" would have been a terrible call. But then he actually says 'good non-call' on the take down behind the net that allowed Chicago to take a late lead v. Kings last night. Oy. To use Pierre Maguire's over-used mantra "oh, you have to be consistent. all i'm saying is if you call it now, you better call it the same later."....Come on Mike. The Blackhawk non-called "penalty" was a crime compared to Jagr's "hook."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Danny, it was a hook all day long.

I'm happy it wasn't called and went with the consistency of the non-calls, but it was a penalty without question.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

notashot, and the hawks non-call was a "good non-call"? did you watch that one? Pathetic NHL referees

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jagr has been dragged down, hooked down, x-checked down, and nothing called. So excuse me while I don't think Jagr's play on Malkin was an earth-shattering no call on the boards near mid-ice. The hawks play was a pull down behind the net, setting up a goal in front of the net. Sorry, that was a PENALTY.  Milbury said "good non-call"...ugh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Won't argue with face to face if that's what you did. Most everyone in the business knows Wang's hockey IQ or lack thereof. With Milbury's personality -- Although it was only 4 years -- It's amazing he stuck around that organization for even that long. Must have been interesting to flop back and forth from coach to GM X 2 and be forced to work with a team that was Wang's undertaking. I feel like successful franchises may run deals and things past owners but ultimately allow GM's to do what they are paid to do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

notashot, and the hawks non-call was a "good non-call"? did you watch that one? Pathetic NHL referees

I don't see the two as related.  I'm talking solely about Jagr's blatant hook.  I'm thrilled it wasn't called, and considering the direction of the calls for all of OT, it shouldn't have been called, but there is no question about whether or not it was a penalty.

Sections
Shortcuts