MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy

Hockey Central is reporting that MAD MIKE is an assistant coach of a kid's team, and he had an altercation with a boy from an opposing team.
    No mention if he hit the kid with his own shoe, but his tv career has just come to an end, IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy

It doesn't sound like much, he just yelled at the kid and shook him

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1388974&p os=breaking

You might have problems with the url, boston.com is flagging it because of the p os - so if you want to get to the url, delete the space

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He was likely upset with the "woosification" of pee wee division hockey.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I hope the peewee league has procedures in place to deal with coaches' misconduct like this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

too little information to make a judgement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I suspect somebody intervened before it got very far. Milbury probably would have gotten his a s s kicked like every fight he had in the NHL. That's presuming there was no shoe availabe to beat the kid with as they were on the ice :P

However, all fun aside, I will wait for more details before I pass judgement on the guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It wasn't reported until the next day which makes it suspect iMO.

In Response to MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy:
       Hockey Central is reporting that MAD MIKE is an assistant coach of a kid's team, and he had an altercation with a boy from an opposing team. No mention if he hit the kid with his own shoe, but his tv career has just come to an end, IMO.
    Posted by biggskye

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

like i said, too little info... could be a gold digger for all we know. let the facts come out, then decide who's right or wrong

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not going to make any judgment at all until we see how this plays in court and more information comes up. Assault and battery on a child, threats to commit a crime, and disorderly conduct do sound like fairly significant charges. Anyone aware of what the potential sentencing on those three is? I do think that touching someone else's kid is in serious bad form if that is in fact the case here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

our boy shupe would know

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Well if it happened on the ice there should be enough people who saw what went on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

First, the facts are not yet presented. Second, sometimes local Brookline police  overreact. If the charges are coming from the kid's legal representative, they are after the money. Some 12 year olds are rather large and very arrogant, but, if Mike grabbed the kid he's wrong on that count alone. These are probably "all-star" travel teams, and some of their coaches, and parents, preach win at any c ost.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

It's also very likely that there was video (some parent always has a video camera at games), which will likely be used as evidence to determine the basis for formal charges, and/or disciplinary action from the p/w league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy:
    First, the facts are not yet presented. Second, sometimes local Brookline police  overreact. If the charges are coming from the kid's legal representative, they are after the money. Some 12 year olds are rather large and very arrogant, but, if Mike grabbed the kid he's wrong on that count alone. These are probably "all-star" travel teams, and some of their coaches, and parents, preach win at any c ost.
    Posted by bogie6

I was looking for the box scores to see what penalities were assessed an what may have lead up to this, but neither team has posted them up yet. It was an outdoor game that went to a shootout. Also Milbury is not the coach, the team's web site lists him as asst. coach.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Posted by bogie6

I realize times are tight but going after Milbury's money doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Guilty or not I'm with BiggSkye as NBC is a whole different animal than NESN, bigger advertisers too deal with. Can't speak as to what CBC might do however at least Barnaby will have someone to talk to in anger management classes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

It's also very likely that there was video (some parent always has a video camera at games), which will likely be used as evidence to determine the basis for formal charges, and/or disciplinary action from the p/w league.
    Posted by 49-North

Absolutely.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I'm inclined to be skeptical of the story, if only because the reporter begins it by saying, "Former Bruins great Mike Milbury ..."

If Milbury is a "great," then I'm Wayne Gretzky.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Found this in the Commonwealth's criminal code.

"(b) Whoever commits an assault and battery upon a child and by such assault and battery causes bodily injury shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years or imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than two and one-half years."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Herald is reporting there is the dreaded " video evidence ".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Watch, nothing will come of this and hockey boards around the world will light up with garbage about the Bruins playing by different rules.

I shouldn't joke, because this is serious regardless of whether the kid's parents or legal reps are trying to take advantage of the situation.  That's all really a question of their behaviour, not Milbury's.  If there's video of him so much as touching the kid while also yelling at him or berating him, then just on his behaviour, he's in the wrong.

I do hope this isn't some sideshow, though.  I wonder if it comes up on the HotStove.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Milbury's lawyer has issued a statement saying that he did nothing wrong and that all he did was pull the kid off his son during a fight.

"Mike Milbury denies any allegations that there was an assault of any kind," said Milbury's lawyer Dan Rabinovitz in a statement released Friday. "He simply intervened in an altercation between his son and an opposing player. No one was struck, no one was injured and no one was threatened."

If that's the case, I have two questions - what was Milbury doing on the ice in the first place, and where were the linesmen? No clue if it's criminal, but it does sound well out of the rules of hockey. Isn't a coach entering the field of play a bench major and an ejection?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the fight happened during the shootout and coaches from both benches came out.
    http://deadspin.com/5868837/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Vs. has suspended him
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/ex-nhl-coach-accused-of-assault-at-pee-wee-hockey-game/1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Any word yet on who won the "altercation"?  I am going with the 12 year-old.

Sections
Shortcuts