MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy

I have the video

http://www.snotr.com/video/101/Family_Guy__Peter_beats_up_Kyle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

USA hockey and mass hockey has a 1 year mandatory  suspension ready  for Mike.It will be hard for mike to stay away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I got the text update to day on my phone I was like what the? Maybe a kids parents are trying a money grab. If all that happened was a shake and yelling at the kid then I don't think its a big deal. Should mike have done it? No way and he was wrong in doing so but to face assault charges? Seems over blown from what little I know about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

I heard a few eye-witnesses came forward and said he just broke up a fight. A lot of people are wondering why it took so long for the complaint to be filed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy:

Well done, BH.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not going to make any judgment at all until we see how this plays in court and more information comes up. Assault and battery on a child, threats to commit a crime, and disorderly conduct do sound like fairly significant charges. Anyone aware of what the potential sentencing on those three is? I do think that touching someone else's kid is in serious bad form if that is in fact the case here.
    Posted by red75

We typically don't use battery.  There are different degrees of assault and this would fall under 266 of the CC.  Basic assault.  I am assuming he has no record.  We are talking conditional discharge with no criminal record. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Didnt realize it was in the US.  Life.  Haha.  Wish Canadian laws were even close to the US.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : We typically don't use battery.  There are different degrees of assault and this would fall under 266 of the CC.  Basic assault.  I am assuming he has no record.  We are talking conditional discharge with no criminal record. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, are there significant differences betwween basic assault and assault of a minor (leaving battery out of it)? Is one a) more easily prosecuted or b) a higher sentencing rate/punishment?

sorry, just realized you were going off the CC.
    American courts are so much harsher than ours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Today's report indicates that Mike was among others breaking up an altercation. It happens. The Mother of the peewee Mike pulled out of the altercation is the complainant who called police. The police didn't witness anything and the charges are not based on any factual evidence. In peewees, in the states, the "officials" are often young players from a grade or two higher, i.e. Bantams officiating peewee games. So, coaches often are "involved" in helping to mediate any unusual altercation, and are trained what to do and what not to do. Separating combatants by holding or grabbing is often the only way to break up the problem. Many of these "children" are bigger than some adults. God save us all from "All-star" parents

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Today's report indicates that Mike was among others breaking up an altercation. It happens. The Mother of the peewee Mike pulled out of the altercation is the complainant who called police. The police didn't witness anything and the charges are not based on any factual evidence. In peewees, in the states, the "officials" are often young players from a grade or two higher, i.e. Bantams officiating peewee games. So, coaches often are "involved" in helping to mediate any unusual altercation, and are trained what to do and what not to do. Separating combatants by holding or grabbing is often the only way to break up the problem. Many of these "children" are bigger than some adults. God save us all from "All-star" parents
    Posted by bogie6

Milbury did a little more then this.

Milbury grabbed the victim's facemask and screamed at him, asking "What did you say to my son?" Milbury allegedly lifted the kid off the ground and shook him, yelling obscenities all the while, before dropping him roughly to the ice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : Milbury did a little more then this. Milbury grabbed the victim's facemask and screamed at him, asking "What did you say to my son?" Milbury allegedly lifted the kid off the ground and shook him, yelling obscenities all the while, before dropping him roughly to the ice.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

both kids were poor skaters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not going to make any judgment at all until we see how this plays in court and more information comes up. Assault and battery on a child, threats to commit a crime, and disorderly conduct do sound like fairly significant charges. Anyone aware of what the potential sentencing on those three is? I do think that touching someone else's kid is in serious bad form if that is in fact the case here.
    Posted by red75

If you're not going to say anything until court comes out, why are most of your posts focused on the negative?

Your posts are about the severity of the crime and the potential sentencing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : both kids were poor skaters.
    Posted by BadHabitude

........ Agreed. Milbury's kid for inheriting the old man's skating and the other kid for not skating fast enough to get away from a psycho parent.

My question is were there any Bruins scouts at the game for these two kids ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : Milbury did a little more then this. Milbury grabbed the victim's facemask and screamed at him, asking "What did you say to my son?" Milbury allegedly lifted the kid off the ground and shook him, yelling obscenities all the while, before dropping him roughly to the ice.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Oh my oh my oh my.

He grabbed the kid's facemask?  I had coaches do that to me 1,000 times.

He picked the kid up and shook him?  Unless the kid is an infant and his brain got scrambled, no big deal.

He yelled at the kid?  SO WHAT?

This is 100% much ado about nothing.  This is some parent looking for money.  Milbury, as a public figure, should know better, because simple actions like this become lawsuits for people with money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Video, witnesses, facts involving the incident are all to be used in determining of due process of law.  So far it is a media circus.  Milbury meanwhile will be on a holiday break.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I feel bad for Milbury's kid.  Don't get me wrong, he may be no angel (never met him so I don't know), but being the son of a former NHLer puts a target on his back.  Punks on opposing teams line up to take shots at him I'm sure, and it must get old real quick. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : Oh my oh my oh my. He grabbed the kid's facemask?  I had coaches do that to me 1,000 times. He picked the kid up and shook him?  Unless the kid is an infant and his brain got scrambled, no big deal. He yelled at the kid?  SO WHAT? This is 100% much ado about nothing.  This is some parent looking for money.  Milbury, as a public figure, should know better, because simple actions like this become lawsuits for people with money.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You are officially off my babysitting list. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Times have changed . I read this on the Herald when this was posted and said " SO WHAT ! "   
    On another note whatever happened to sticking up for yourself ?? Today parents need to get involved ??
    Now that's woosification Mike ! 
    Your son must deal with these situations because you will not always be there for him , not you !
    Now Mike Milbury is stuck with some stupid lawsuit when this should have been settled face to face and let bygones be bygones.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : Oh my oh my oh my. He grabbed the kid's facemask?  I had coaches do that to me 1,000 times. He picked the kid up and shook him?  Unless the kid is an infant and his brain got scrambled, no big deal. He yelled at the kid?  SO WHAT? This is 100% much ado about nothing.  This is some parent looking for money.  Milbury, as a public figure, should know better, because simple actions like this become lawsuits for people with money.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Sissy.  I never played with a face mask back in my contact hockey days.

My hs and college days ended before they brought them in - and so the woosification of hockey continues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

When I was 18 years old I coached a bunch of 9-10 years old soccer team. In our district soccer it was associated with the church and every once in a while we had to go the Sunday ceremony . 
    One Sunday and it does not take much for a about 15-16 kids to start causing havoc when all together at once were disrupting ceremony with card trading and kidding around, so I took it into my own hands to discipline . Now I did grab the kids and shook them , I just grabbed the 2 main culprits by their ears , didn't yell at them (not to make s seen in church) and gave them a stern look.  I had parents , other adults giving me a smile as to say thank you, good job.  Even the priest gave me a wink !
    The moral , today I might have been down 10 gran defending myself in court.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I wouldn't doubt you on that other then the number being a little low.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : Sissy.  I never played with a face mask back in my contact hockey days. My hs and college days ended before they brought them in - and so the woosification of hockey continues.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yah what's with that ? Don't real hockey players start out with the leather headgear like we did ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The latest I read indicated that noone at the rink complained. The police were called by the mother of the kid Milbury "grabbed" after the kid got home and gave her his version.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : If you're not going to say anything until court comes out, why are most of your posts focused on the negative? Your posts are about the severity of the crime and the potential sentencing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

How's that negative? That's the illustration of facts and sharing of information. Never considered that negative at all.

Sections
Shortcuts