Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy

Facts- 0.

Conclusions- 50 or 60.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy:
    Facts- 0. Conclusions- 50 or 60.
    Posted by 86redsox

I had zero conclusions - and i still haven't made any. Not my call. I did share what he had been charged with (fact) what the potential consequences and sentencing of those charges would be if convicted (fact) a Quote from his lawyer (fact) a question about why he was on the ice which was edited after information about the incident came out (a news story, which does not necessarily make it fact) and that he was off the air on VS. (fact). How is any of that judgmental, a conclusion, or negative?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Mike Milbury is a jerk and a hot-head. But I find the term "Assault" a bit dramatic. I feel bad for Milbury because you read that and images of him beating on a child or something going on in the shower room pop into mind. He may have picked on a kid. Maybe the kid deserved it because he was being a bully. I have no idea. But the supposed victim's mother's line about never touching a child annoys me. Are children made of glass? You should never beat on a child, but sometimes a little contact is necessary to protect a child or settle them down. Milbury may or may not have gone over the top in this situation, but I have a strong feeling if he wasn't on TV the mother never would have called the police.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think Mike Milbury is a jerk and a hot-head. But I find the term "Assault" a bit dramatic. I feel bad for Milbury because you read that and images of him beating on a child or something going on in the shower room pop into mind. He may have picked on a kid. Maybe the kid deserved it because he was being a bully. I have no idea. But the supposed victim's mother's line about never touching a child annoys me. Are children made of glass? You should never beat on a child, but sometimes a little contact is necessary to protect a child or settle them down. Milbury may or may not have gone over the top in this situation, but I have a strong feeling if he wasn't on TV the mother never would have called the police.
    Posted by OatesCam

Spare the rod.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by OatesCam

I have a strong feeling that the mother was just being a mother regardless of it being Milbury or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : I have a strong feeling that the mother was just being a mother regardless of it being Milbury or not.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

That said, it's not rare for celebrity status/$ to affect some people's decisions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : That said, it's not rare for celebrity status/$ to affect some people's decisions.
    Posted by dezaruchi

..........and may I add lacking in common sense and anger management.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : ..........and may I add lacking in common sense and anger management.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

So true. Go Bruins! It's game time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : How's that negative? That's the illustration of facts and sharing of information. Never considered that negative at all.
    Posted by red75

Going from "I'm not judging" to "here is the breakdown of what the charges could be"?  Yeah, that's negative.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I find this thread hilarious.

So if a kid starts a fight, only a kid his age can break it up? Are you kidding me?

Listen, I don't support assaulting children but there is a huge gap between grabbing a kid and yelling at him and beating a child. The laws know that, so should everyone on this board.

If it was an actual altercation that deserved criminal punishment, don't you think we would have heard about it way before charges were filed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : Going from "I'm not judging" to "here is the breakdown of what the charges could be"?  Yeah, that's negative.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I didn't know that analytical and curious were synonyms for negative. Thanks for teaching me that NAS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I find this thread hilarious. So if a kid starts a fight, only a kid his age can break it up? Are you kidding me? Listen, I don't support assaulting children but there is a huge gap between grabbing a kid and yelling at him and beating a child. The laws know that, so should everyone on this board. If it was an actual altercation that deserved criminal punishment, don't you think we would have heard about it way before charges were filed?
    Posted by nrguy

BINGO!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : I have a strong feeling that the mother was just being a mother regardless of it being Milbury or not.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yea and by the sounds of it a poor one at that! If the kid was brought up right, he never would've been causing problems to begin with!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE MILBURY charged with assaulting 12 yo boy : I didn't know that analytical and curious were synonyms for negative. Thanks for teaching me that NAS.
    Posted by red75

And I didn't know that you had such a minimal retort ability that you would resort to a response like this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Kudos to KPD for tolerating Milbury for that two hour interview. I'd go crazy listening to Mad Mike for that long.

Sections
Shortcuts