Mike Milbury's comments after the game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Mike Milbury's comments after the game.

PRICELESS.

Made several comments about how embarrasing the play of the pens was. Then he goes on to say how the pens play will put their fans to sleep and they highlight some kid in a Pens jersey behind the B's bench sawing logs. Frick ing hilarious....Everyone in the booth on the tv was laughing. Ive had a lot of good laughs today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: Mike Milbury's comments after the game.

In response to bgrif008's comment:

PRICELESS.

Made several comments about how embarrasing the play of the pens was. Then he goes on to say how the pens play will put their fans to sleep and they highlight some kid in a Pens jersey behind the B's bench sawing logs. Frick ing hilarious....Everyone in the booth on the tv was laughing. Ive had a lot of good laughs today.

He also said "our" Penguins. Kinda halfheartedly though. Even then..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

LOL  he did say "our"  What on earth is going on with him? All I hear is how bad the elite Penguins are playing & no credit towards the play of the Bruins with Milbury the ring leader. He,s must,ve forgotten his roots or the bitterness is coming out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Milbury made a mistake with the "our" but he's no Pennite.  He loves the Bruins.  He was born in Mass and played his entire career for Boston.

If anything, he's trying not to have bias for the B's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

All I hear is how bad the elite Penguins are playing & no credit towards the play of the Bruins

It seems every channel i switched to watch the sports highlights all night were of the same way. I think its that a few weeks ago that they stated the pens are all in this year and they all came to expect every other team they faced to roll over. As long as the media is all over them and there fansm it frustrates them more and they actually now relaize there down to earth and not gods hockey team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought the "our" was sarcastic.  A possible ribbing for Penguin's media ball-washers like McGuire.

I love the look of McGuire's face at the end of these games.  Looks like he just identified his wife in a casket...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Milbury made a mistake with the "our" but he's no Pennite.  He loves the Bruins.  He was born in Mass and played his entire career for Boston.

If anything, he's trying not to have bias for the B's.

Good point, probably an overcompensation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I thought the "our" was sarcastic.  A possible ribbing for Penguin's media ball-washers like McGuire.

I love the look of McGuire's face at the end of these games.  Looks like he just identified his wife in a casket...

How about Pierre calling Brad, Todd again.  This time to his face on the bench following the game.  I got a chuckle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think it was sarcastic, sort of playing the media version of devil's advocate.

I loved it when Milbury was talking in game 3 against Vancouver a few years ago when he was like "Go out there, and wipe those smug looks off their faces! Dominate them, because you're the better team". This series reminds me a lot of that, as the Bruins were supposed to have no chance. It seems like whenever they're challenged on paper, their game rises up.

The passing last night was beautiful. Haven't seen them move the puck like that in a long time.

I was coming back from football practice last night during the first period and listening to the game on the radio. Jumped in the car about a minute into the game, kind of in a state of disbelief that they were already up one. Then just listening to how they would just have the puck in the Pens' end for minutes at a time, I was amazed. When Sutter scored, I was like "Oh, boy....hope they respond". Sure enough, Marcheezy answered immediately.

Pittsburgh poked the bear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

How about Pierre calling Brad, Todd again.  This time to his face on the bench following the game.  I got a chuckle.

Did he at least pronounce his last name correctly?  Can't stand that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIkiu0zBG8

Go to 4:18 mark for the Todd slip!

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Not as bad as listening to Barry Melrose still thinking how history will repeat itself and the Pens winning the next 4. He did the same thing when the Bruins were playing the Canucks 2 years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

PAUL MC D Bag is just that.....Cant stand listening to him and the stupid commentary he gives. He was all about the Rangers in that series now he is all about the pens. So tired of having to listen to him. Why cant I get Bricks and NESN. The worst is when he and the others try to analyze the game and plays and then try to do it as if they were a coach, so our young players can learn a thing or two. Its almost as if, those who are watching have no hockey sense. Im sure some dont, but the majority do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

ESPN is to blame too.  I loved Gary Thorne in the playoffs.  But he's stuck with the hype machine in Bristol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ESPN is to blame too.  I loved Gary Thorne in the playoffs.  But he's stuck with the hype machine in Bristol.

thorne is/was the best in the business. he does my O's games for masn now, for that i'm thankful. i do miss him doing hockey though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Milbury definitely jesting.

Ending threads since '07

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Milbury was all over the Pens during pre-game for both games one and two but reality set in. I think he has been good about keeping it even-keel when working Bruins games. I think he is aware that everyon knows where he used to work for and which organization he spent 20+ years for.

"Guilt is a powerful motivator, eh Brick ?" ~ Jack

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Its almost as if Milbury wants to see more from the Pens to make the games more exciting for the general viewing audience. Hey, Im a B's fan and Im excited and couldnt be happier with the play of the B's and the position they are in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

There is no respite anywhere from the Pro-Pens (or is it anti-Bruins?) rhetoric. CBC is pure AGONY.

One tries to tune the team of Hughson, Simpson and Healy out, but it becomes a small obsession within the game, one begins to almost marvel at the bias, counting the number of times they choose to credit the Pens - even when there is no credit to be found - credit the Pens even for their neglect! 'This isn't how the Pens designed it'; 'When the Pens get their design together, Watch out!'; 'The Pens design is still better'.

Jeez, guys any chance that MAYBE the Bruins' design, MIGHT POSSIBLY MAYBE....be better?

Hard to prove, but I think even for a hockey fan watching these games with allegiances to neither team, this has to be a distraction, a disappointment. You'd NEVER hear NFL guys do this. It's local-yokel material, really bush league. You have to call the game as objectively as possible for all fans of the game.

In a game of constantly-and-at-high-speed exchanges, a Play-by-Play or Colour Commentator is always deciding how to 'see' a play, he is always choosing a winner; ie; 'Matt Cooke left his feet to hit Chris Kelly' or 'Matt Cooke 'lay a big clean hit on Chris Kelly'?. They choose a winner on each play. I get it

With these guys, the 'winner' of the play is usually - and unanimously, these 3 guys never disagree - any opponent of the Bruins. It's uncanny how nine out of ten times these guys choose the Pens (or the Leafs before them or the Canucks before them). The Canadian bias I perhaps understand - they know who their audience is  (though it makes them sound like just a slightly more polished Derek Sanderson in his days of colour commentary) - but I don't understand the super Pro Pens stuff. Except that, perhaps in a star-crossed world, Crosby, Malkin, Letang mean ratings?

They reluctantly started to give the Bruins props by the midway point of the third in Game #2 - but nothing that could match the unconditional love and admiration for Crosby et al. The Bruins aren't winning. The Penguins are losing.

Bruins are truly underdogs in every sense and they are making such a sweet silence

'We play as a team' - David Krejci