Mike Richards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Mike Richards

Not only is he a dirty player like nearly his entire team, he has the balls to cry about what the sabres do after the whistle...

Everyone knows that the Flyers are the biggest offenders when it comes to extras after the whistle.  Makes him look like a huge itchB if you ask me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Mike Richards

Losing is a terrible cologne.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lindey Ruff is the biggest cry baby in the league. Always has been.
    And Richards may be dirty but I would take him over our captain anyday

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Mike Richards:
    Not only is he a dirty player like nearly his entire team, he has the balls to cry about what the sabres do after the whistle... Everyone knows that the Flyers are the biggest offenders when it comes to extras after the whistle.  Makes him look like a huge itchB if you ask me.
    Posted by Eric66

If you watched that series at all you wouldn't be saying that. Philly hasn't done the cheap stuff at all. Sure they've gotten into some scrums but they're clearly not goading like Buffalo is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Haven't seen much of the series but it's hard to call Richards cheap when Kaleta is on the other side.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Ha Shup takes the time after a great win to take a shot at Chara and keeps the dream alive that Hal Gill is just as good classic Shup.

I have no respect for athletes that cry to the press "That's my Quarterback man". It just makes them look like well as Eric put it a "itchB".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I've been watching Richards closely since the hit where he took DK out last year and I think that he is a player that tries to injure someone on every shift.  He is good enough to do it legally and any team would love him on their team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

If I were you I wouldn't talk sh*t about Richards becuase Shupe has a major man crush on him. He would take Richards over Chara- are you kidding me? Richards is a joke. He did the same whining through the media about Subban and then did nothing about it the next time they faced each other. You would never hear Chara crying & looking for sympathy through the media!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

talk all you want about richards id love to see him in a b's uni 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Exactly.  When he's on the other team you hate him.  If he was a Bruin, he'd be loved!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Richards:
    In Response to Mike Richards : If you watched that series at all you wouldn't be saying that. Philly hasn't done the cheap stuff at all. Sure they've gotten into some scrums but they're clearly not goading like Buffalo is.
    Posted by callodthedom19

aw, theyre not being cheap this series?  Poor lil guys gettin pushed around by big bad Buffalo.  Theyve only been the worst offenders for years.  What goes around comes around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Lindey Ruff is the biggest cry baby in the league. Always has been. And Richards may be dirty but I would take him over our captain anyday
    Posted by shuperman

He is a great player, but my point still stands.  I would be embarrassed if he behaved that way as Bruins captain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Haven't seen much of the series but it's hard to call Richards cheap when Kaleta is on the other side.
    Posted by stingerjp

Kaleta sure is cheap, along with Myers.  What I love is that the whole Flyers team is cheap, but now the tables have turned and they are crying about it.

I will be so happy if the Sabres knock them out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

maybe they need a kleenex endorsement.

crying is for soccer players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ha Ha Shup takes the time after a great win to take a shot at Chara and keeps the dream alive that Hal Gill is just as good classic Shup. I have no respect for athletes that cry to the press "That's my Quarterback man". It just makes them look like well as Eric put it a "itchB".
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San,  Wasnt trying to take anything away.  if offered either or you would want Chara over a young Richards?  I am not a big fan of going to the media either.  especially when its your own team mates. 

And I wasnt taking a shot at Chara.  I said I would rather have Richards.  Chara actually played his best game last night(IMO). 
    And the Gill Chara debate is kinda funny.  I have played it up a lot but when you look at it the two really have had pretty even series. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Mike Richards : If you watched that series at all you wouldn't be saying that. Philly hasn't done the cheap stuff at all. Sure they've gotten into some scrums but they're clearly not goading like Buffalo is.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I'm with you and Shupe here. 
    Buffalo's smaller players ?  They're dirty little mothers that what they are.
    I've always liked Richards and yes whne he hits clean he's trying to hurt you.  That's hockey culture ,  seen it and witnessed it myself on the ice. 
    The hit on Booth was cheap . Then so did Paille and Marchand head hunt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Nothing against M. Richards, in fact I think he's a very good player, but he's no Zdeno Chara.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nothing against M. Richards, in fact I think he's a very good player, but he's no Zdeno Chara.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

So true DC. We just witnessed,first hand,the difference Chara makes when in(and out)of the lineup.People hate playing against Richards but people are afraid to play against Chara.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Richards is a dirt bag, he only goes for knock out blows when the other guy isnt looking or if it's blind side or from behind.  He rarely comes heads up for the big contact, he's gotta catch guys off guard.  The rest of his game reminds me alot of Bergy (which I respect), but not quite the passing vision and Bergeron isn't a dirt bag trying to take guys out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Richards : So true DC. We just witnessed,first hand,the difference Chara makes when in(and out)of the lineup.People hate playing against Richards but people are afraid to play against Chara.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You are drunk if you believe that.  No one is affraid of him.  Even Cherry made reference to that. Why would they be?  Meanwhile Richards is out to destroy people. 
    Again, when Chara leads us into a few rounds I may change my tune.  But he has done nothing in this series that makes me say"wow he is totally the difference maker".  If anything the last game was his best.  The 3 prior were not great outtings for him as he was beat more than normal and looked lost a lot of the time. 
    And Richards just avgs a point a game in he playoffs and has turned many around in favor of his team. 

He is no Chara.  Thats almost funny.  I would rather have Subban who is easily out playing him.  Actually no I wouldnt b/c i cant stand him but Subban is making things happen for his team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Richards is a dirt bag, he only goes for knock out blows when the other guy isnt looking or if it's blind side or from behind.  He rarely comes heads up for the big contact, he's gotta catch guys off guard.  The rest of his game reminds me alot of Bergy (which I respect), but not quite the passing vision and Bergeron isn't a dirt bag trying to take guys out.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

DK hit last year.  Totally clean.  Totally head on.  get your head outta your Ash and stop fishing for pucks.  I would take him over any player on our current roster without blinking an eye

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Richards : You are drunk if you believe that.  No one is affraid of him.  Even Cherry made reference to that. Why would they be?  Meanwhile Richards is out to destroy people.  Again, when Chara leads us into a few rounds I may change my tune.  But he has done nothing in this series that makes me say"wow he is totally the difference maker".  If anything the last game was his best.  The 3 prior were not great outtings for him as he was beat more than normal and looked lost a lot of the time.  And Richards just avgs a point a game in he playoffs and has turned many around in favor of his team.  He is no Chara.  Thats almost funny.  I would rather have Subban who is easily out playing him.  Actually no I wouldnt b/c i cant stand him but Subban is making things happen for his team. 
    Posted by shuperman

Why did you have to bring my drinking into this?Me being drunk is a reasonable assumption yet I don't care what Cherry says about the players.I prefer to let my eyes judge for me and when I see players not willing to take that extra stride to beat Chara to the corner then Yes,i say they're afraid.You've gone on all year about Chara not intimidating enough but you've never said what you suggest he should do.NO ONE in Montreal will fight him one on one and he can't just start cracking heads. You think players aren't a little concerned when dropping in front of his shots? You figure Max Pac will be running around the next time they meet? My guess is that he'll be ummmm..........what's the word? Oh yeah,Afraid!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Richards : DK hit last year.  Totally clean.  Totally head on.  get your head outta your Ash and stop fishing for pucks.  I would take him over any player on our current roster without blinking an eye
    Posted by shuperman

The credit you bestow upon Richards and Gill is bordering on ridiculous.I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Richards personally.Bergeron is the obvious team MVP right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Richards vs Bergie is very comparible.  One has taken his team to the cup final. 
    What more does Richards have to do.  Avg a point a game in the playoffs and will play against anyone and as we all know will take someone out if he has to.  I call that leadership.  You really can't argue what Richards has done. 
    I would take Richards over Bergie.  I just think Richards offers more.  When he isnt scoring he is running around hitting and doing everything to help his team win.

Chara- has played avg in this series.  Affraid of his shot?  C'mon man.  He misses the net with most so unless they are in the corner I don't think so.  Of course no one will fight him...but who has he even tagged with a good hit? Havent you notice they dump in his corner.  Speed isnt his thing. 
    What more can he do?  Lead this team past a few rounds like he is getting paid to do.  One of the highest paid players in the game shouldnt be outplayed by a rookie dman,  Or Gill.  Gill in this series is every bit as good. 

Serious question.  What has he ever done for this club in the playoffs that makes him so elite in your eyes?  I don't care about regular season.  I am talking playoffs.   Your response should be very short. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Speaking of Shupes hero Richards, did anybody see the questionable hit he put on Conolly in this afternoon's game? You guessed it, another hit from behind. This guy has a track record, he aims to intentionally hurt players that are in a vulnerable position. Very surprised he only got 2 minutes.

Sections
Shortcuts