Mike Richards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Mike Richards

Richards has no place for all of this whining and crying off of the ice.  He plays an edgy game himself -- he should just shut up and play.  We all know Kaleta is dirty.  Richards should deal with it on the ice.  He's becoming a whiner.

And shupe, I don't know what you're watching.  Chara has been almost the perfect captain recently.  Deals with a ton of pressure, a ton of minutes, and everyone gunning for him every night.  All he does is lead the team and play steady in every situation.  He is the leader of this team in every way, and far more important to the Bruins than Richards would be.  And he does it all without the whine and complain routine that is becoming Richard's mantra.

I have been watching every game of that series and I'm not sure if Richards has even been one of the top five Flyers players so far.  No such question with Chara.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Richards:
    [QUOTE]Richards vs Bergie is very comparible.  One has taken his team to the cup final.  What more does Richards have to do.  Avg a point a game in the playoffs and will play against anyone and as we all know will take someone out if he has to.  I call that leadership.  You really can't argue what Richards has done.  I would take Richards over Bergie.  I just think Richards offers more.  When he isnt scoring he is running around hitting and doing everything to help his team win. Chara- has played avg in this series.  Affraid of his shot?  C'mon man.  He misses the net with most so unless they are in the corner I don't think so.  Of course no one will fight him...but who has he even tagged with a good hit? Havent you notice they dump in his corner.  Speed isnt his thing.  What more can he do?  Lead this team past a few rounds like he is getting paid to do.  One of the highest paid players in the game shouldnt be outplayed by a rookie dman,  Or Gill.  Gill in this series is every bit as good.  Serious question.  What has he ever done for this club in the playoffs that makes him so elite in your eyes?  I don't care about regular season.  I am talking playoffs.   Your response should be very short. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Putting your whole argument into Richards' single finals appearance is a little sketchy. The fact is,Philly has only won 5 playoff series since Richards came on the scene in 05-06 and only once has he finished a playoffs with a point per game average.Is it too much to expect a player to do something more than once before trading anyone on the roster for him?Regarding Chara,I expect this year to be his defining moment.I think having Chara(at less than 100%)has had a night and day effect on Boston's lineup.You don't think he's much of a leader. I say he's a beast right now......I guess time will tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

if you are sample sizing things how can you not.  If you wanna put a resume for both players out there I am all for it.  I will debate his game against Charas any day of the week and twice on sundays.  What will be interesting if they meet in the next round.  As much as Philly drives me nuts they play a similar brand of hockey as the B's.  Big dominant dman.  Pesky fwds.  Huge edge would be the B's have TT and the Flyers have no Carter or Pronger and have no clue what to do in net. 
    Chara has played on a top contending team in Boston.  1st in the conference a few yrs back.  We havent bowed out to world beaters.  we have bowed out to teams we should have beat. 
    When you wear the C and want the big paycheque you better be able to face the storm when you do nothing to help your team advance.  He is getting paid mega dollars to help this team in the playoffs.  Not the regular reason.  When he is getting matched by someone like Gill it makes me shake my head.  I know he has more in there, but where the heck does it go. 

fletch- what are you smoking?  Seriously.  Game 3 in boston he looked lost half the game.  I said yesterday he looked his old self but he has been pretty stinky this series.  Yes I know he was sick.  Same as every year for us in the playoffs.
    But if this is the best Chara has to offer we are in deep trouble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of Shupes hero Richards, did anybody see the questionable hit he put on Conolly in this afternoon's game? You guessed it, another hit from behind. This guy has a track record, he aims to intentionally hurt players that are in a vulnerable position. Very surprised he only got 2 minutes.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Shupes' hero?  No.  I really like Richards and I like to talk hockey.  .  he has a track record of winning as well, you failed to mention that.  And for the record I think he deserved 5 and a game.  Connolly isnt the brightest guy on earth is he?  How many wraps to the melon before you stop skating into the corner head 1st?  Again, it goes back to knowing who is on the ice. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

you still didnt answer my question either.  Dogger McDoggy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, you still didnt answer my question either.  Dogger McDoggy
    I guess the short answer you were looking for is that Boston is 3-0 since a less-than-healthy Chara returned to the lineup.And let's not forget,this team of contenders you speak of was fresh off of a DNQ when Chara arrived(and turned them into contenders).And the non "world beaters" we lost to in 7 games-a 1st place Habs squad,a Carolina team eliminated by the eventual cup winners, and a Flyer squad that nearly won it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

Where were the Flyers prior to Richards?  How many yrs later and they are in the finals? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, Where were the Flyers prior to Richards?  How many yrs later and they are in the finals? 
    The Flyers lost in round 1 to Buffalo in his 1st year and missed the playoffs in his 2nd.The season before he arrived,Philly lost the Eastern final to eventual winners,Tampa Bay so it's not like he joined a team of chumps.They actually took backwards steps upon his arrival.......If Boston makes the finals this year will you stop making me argue like a defence attorney?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Richards : You are drunk if you believe that.  No one is affraid of him.  Even Cherry made reference to that. Why would they be?  Meanwhile Richards is out to destroy people.  Again, when Chara leads us into a few rounds I may change my tune.  But he has done nothing in this series that makes me say"wow he is totally the difference maker".  If anything the last game was his best.  The 3 prior were not great outtings for him as he was beat more than normal and looked lost a lot of the time.  And Richards just avgs a point a game in he playoffs and has turned many around in favor of his team.  He is no Chara.  Thats almost funny.  I would rather have Subban who is easily out playing him.  Actually no I wouldnt b/c i cant stand him but Subban is making things happen for his team. 

One thing I like about Subban is how well he times his shifts and decides when to change in overtime. He convinced me in the Game 3 overtime that nobody's got hockey sense quite like his. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Haha,

Just trying to keep you on your toes. 
    Philly Boston would be a fantastic war.  I hope Philly loses b/c I believe we will beat Pitt.  But something about revenge makes me want them.  No Carter, Likely no Pronger(the guy Chara should play like) and brutal goalies. 

I think its gonna be a Boston Caps semi's. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Richards : One thing I like about Subban is how well he times his shifts and decides when to change in overtime. He convinced me in the Game 3 overtime that nobody's got hockey sense quite like his. 
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

You can't deny his ability.  I can't stand him.  But he is an outstanding player. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Haha, Just trying to keep you on your toes.  Philly Boston would be a fantastic war.  I hope Philly loses b/c I believe we will beat Pitt.  But something about revenge makes me want them.  No Carter, Likely no Pronger(the guy Chara should play like) and brutal goalies.  I think its gonna be a Boston Caps semi's. 
    Pronger played in today's win.He 2 handed Myers who didn't back down.Philly had Pronger in front for the screen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Pronger played tonight, a whole 4:33.  The 4 minutes of playing time indicate that he's not quite ready, but I would guess he would play a full game at some point in round 2. I'm with you, I'd rather the Bruins play Pittsburgh,  but some revenge on the Flyers would be fine with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pronger had a few slapshots as well but after the game he wasnt tapping anyone with that glovehand. 
    And for the record.  Yes I like Pronger a lot as well.  Always have.  And had the Bruins landed him like it was rumored we would have won the cup by now.  Now way any team could match those two monster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Pronger played tonight, a whole 4:33.  The 4 minutes of playing time indicate that he's not quite ready, but I would guess he would play a full game at some point in round 2. I'm with you, I'd rather the Bruins play Pittsburgh,  but some revenge on the Flyers would be fine with me.
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]
    I just figured if he played at all today,then he'll likely be ready in round 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Richards : I just figured if he played at all today,then he'll likely be ready in round 2.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was actually responding to a Shupe post a few up, but a few slipped in between I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think this boils down to the tendency of fans to see players on other teams that are good or exciting or whatever, and then think that they are better than the players we have on the Bruins. 

Richards is a real good player, fun to watch, good leader, etc.  Would he be more important to the Bruins than Chara?  Not a chance.

Keep an eye on the Vezina candidates announcement tomorrow...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think this boils down to the tendency of fans to see players on other teams that are good or exciting or whatever, and then think that they are better than the players we have on the Bruins.  Richards is a real good player, fun to watch, good leader, etc.  Would he be more important to the Bruins than Chara?  Not a chance. Keep an eye on the Vezina candidates announcement tomorrow...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I give you one point.  I believe Chara is more valuable to this team.  Ask me which player I want if all the marbles are at stake...simple answer Richards. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Richards is scum, I can't see how anybody would think otherwise, unless you are a philly fan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Richards : I give you one point.  I believe Chara is more valuable to this team.  Ask me which player I want if all the marbles are at stake...simple answer Richards. 

How good are the Flyers without Pronger, above average but not great.  Thus, I would agree with Fletch, the Bs are better with Chara than the supposed Richard scenario.  That said Krejci is not a number one center, in my book the power play is not as effective with him. So the Bs may have to look to the other Richards if Savard is not able to return.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Richards:[QUOTE] I think its gonna be a Boston Caps semi's. Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Caps get the lowest remaining seed left for round 2 correct ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes.  So likely Pitt.  As I see Philly and Pitt both winning and I also see us finishing off Montreal.
    Caps vs Pens  1 vs 4
    Philly vs Bruins 2 vs 3

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Richards : The credit you bestow upon Richards and Gill is bordering on ridiculous.I wouldn't trade Bergeron for Richards personally.Bergeron is the obvious team MVP right now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'd take Chara over anyone in this discussion during the regular season.
    I'd take Richards or anyone in this discussion during the playoffs.

Are you serious, dezaruchi, regarding not trading Bergergon for Richards?  I applaud your enthusiasm for your Bruins and your favorite Bruin players, but I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Richards is a cheap shot artist. I hope Cooke has a chance to say hello to him sometime LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Richards is a cheap shot artist. I hope Cooke has a chance to say hello to him sometime LOL
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

I just watched the hit and Flyers fans make me wanna Yell

That was a wrap-up and boarding, looked pretty dangerous and unneccessary. Seems like a 2min minor was a bit light, either a 5min major or GMC seemed more fitting.

A suspension IDK ive seen worse without one going into a game7 in the playoffs, AHEM SCOTT WALKER.