Mike Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Mike Smith

The Tampa Bay lightning actually kept Roloson over this guy, unbelievable,tha Coyotes are getting out shot 26-6 at one point and its 2-0.To think Stevie Y thought this guy was expendable.Now the Lightning are in dire need of a goalie and they had one all along.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Mike Smith

Yzerman looked at Smith's performances and save % in Tampa that was quite enough. This does happen in sports change of scenery and facing heading to the AHL sometimes changes things.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Smith:
    [QUOTE]Yzerman looked at Smith's performances and save % in Tampa that was quite enough. This does happen in sports change of scenery and facing heading to the AHL sometimes changes things.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,i don't think Yzerman just let him go without reason,its just they must look back now and think "why didn't he show us that while he was here ".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Should Yzerman question his goaltending coach or would you ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if i remember correctly, smith looked WAAAAY better than roloson during the bruins series. that obviously meant nothing to anyone in tb. they all missed the boat on that one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Should Yzerman question his goaltending coach or would you ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I think i would question the whole philosophy of sticking with a 41 yr old goaltender who until his nice little playoff run was starting to show some wear and tear.They must have a lot of faith in Tokarchuk? or there is somebody that is available(luongo) but i think they thought Roloson would at least get them to the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]if i remember correctly, smith looked WAAAAY better than roloson during the bruins series. that obviously meant nothing to anyone in tb. they all missed the boat on that one.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Didn't Roloson look really shaky and they went to Smith in game 6?Then they took a chance with Roly in game 7 and he actually played well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Mike Smith is the total definition of most valuable to his team, no questions asked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Plus Dave Tippett's system which has made almost every goalie in Phoenix look like Vezina nominees. He is a master of the defensive strategy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Mike Smith? You mean the same guy that let in a red line goal from Seidenberg?

The guy turned it around but I really can't blame Stevey Y for letting him go. He really wasn't impressive last year in Tampa. Maybe you can blame that on Tampa's poor defense but it's not like he was a gem in Tampa.

The only thing that he was a + at last year was his puck handling.

Hindsight is always 20/20...........unless you don't have a good memory.......then it's.........wait what was I saying?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Plus Dave Tippett's system which has made almost every goalie in Phoenix look like Vezina nominees. He is a master of the defensive strategy.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I know Tippett has a defence first strategy but last night it sure wasn't working, if not for Smith it could have been 4-0 Hawks in the first, the Hawks were getting great looks from everywhere, none existent defence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Smith:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Smith : I think i would question the whole philosophy of sticking with a 41 yr old goaltender who until his nice little playoff run was starting to show some wear and tear.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Yah gotcha but I remember Roloson outplaying Smith at the end of the year though. I think Yzerman goes with Holland theory of thinking.