MILAN LUCIC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

MILAN LUCIC

Is it me or Milan has never skated before like he is skating now...he looks much faster and solid on his skates...has he taken some speed skating lessons during the off season or what ??? Good for the Bruins...he is more productive and looks more and more like Mr Cam Neely !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: MILAN LUCIC

He'll be gone at the deadline

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes trying to make team canada.   Takes too many dumb penalties to make it.   Would be thrilled if he made it.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hes trying to make team canada.   Takes too many dumb penalties to make it.   Would be thrilled if he made it.  

So does Subban.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You're right on the money Stanley (keyboard just exploded).

Was thinking the same thing last night.  I saw him trying to carry the puck into the zone last night with two defenders confronting him.  Faked out one, chipped around the other, and won the race to retrieve the puck.  He's actually beating people with his skating.  It's awesome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He looks frail too me, he should gain weight!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

He looks frail too me, he should gain weight!

Haha.

No seriously, Lucic came out of the gate last year hitting everything in sight and then tailed off. After that it was a serious slump until that afternoon game against the Caps. Milan is playing quite well and has some production to go along with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

So does Subban.

subban also draws a lot though.   Subban has played in the canadian system through world juniors and was a standout.  

PS.  Lucic cant skate like Subban.  Subban is a lock.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Lucic might be a lock for the Cdn Olympic Team if he keeps playing this way. It'll be impossible for Yzerman to keep him off. Nobody else has a Lucic. Nobody.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So does Subban.

subban also draws a lot though.   Subban has played in the canadian system through world juniors and was a standout.  

PS.  Lucic cant skate like Subban.  Subban is a lock.   

I agree, Subban brings alot more to the table than he does foolish antics. There won't be as many after whistle scrums at the Olympics, which is where P.K gets into most of his predicaments. He'll be on the squad for sure. Would also like to see Lucic on the squad and if he keeps up the year he is having so far, you never know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Lucic might be a lock for the Cdn Olympic Team if he keeps playing this way. It'll be impossible for Yzerman to keep him off. Nobody else has a Lucic. Nobody.

I totally agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He worked hard this offseason, and it shows

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

So does Subban.

subban also draws DIVES  a lot though.   Subban has played in the canadian CANADIEN system through world juniors and was a standout.  

PS.  Lucic cant skate CHEAT like Subban.  Subban is a lock PU$$Y .   

There,Shupe. I fixed your typos. You should be more careful :P

p.s. Subban probably makes team Canada. Fat will not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not sure who he beats out.  Those euros dive like crazy.  He would be in the box and then benched.   I think marchand would be a better fit bc of his speed and pk ability.  I would love bergie lucic marchand as a line.  But it wont happen. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I never gave Lucic any consideration, because of his skating on the int'l ice, but he certainly looks a lot faster this year. If he keeps up the pace & getting hard working points the way he has been, Yzerman & co. are going to have to give him a real serious look. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I never gave Lucic any consideration, because of his skating on the int'l ice, but he certainly looks a lot faster this year. If he keeps up the pace & getting hard working points the way he has been, Yzerman & co. are going to have to give him a real serious look. 

NOB i agree.  it shouldnt take team canada to get him motivated to work like that.  It should be the 6m hes making.  I think he might make it as an extra.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Subban is a lock.   

-L, +C

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay okay okay.

All of this "on international ice" stuff has gone way overboard.  Yeah, the surface is bigger, but the length is the same.  It's not like Fat Lucic is 60 years old and can't keep up with anyone.  He'll still be digging in the corners and standing in front of the net.  The guy is an amazing hockey player who can pass, shoot and hit.

To leave him off the team because you fear that some SM-Liga player may torch him once or twice to outside is loco.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Look at the way they use him on the breakout in Boston and transpose it to the international ice.  Lucic, with the puck, with a head of steam.  He's so heavy on the puck, I don't know what they'd do to stop him.  You worry a little bit about his ability to get in on the forecheck, but that's about it, and it's not that big a deal if you're good at dumping it in on time.

Lots of competition, though.  We'll see.  Not the end of the world if he doesn't make it - means he rests up for the second half.  With Krejci, Chara, Rask, Seidenberg, and Bergeron pretty much certain to be making that crazy trip, the Bruins don't need a lot of other guys burning out on Russian soil.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...Not the end of the world if he doesn't make it ..." - 'Bookboy007'

I agree, of course, but if he DID make it, I think it would do wonders for him - and the Bruins. As he was in Junior, Lucic is a leader. I had been waiting for him to assume more of a leadership role on the Bruins - it is truly the way for him to be most effective, not angry, not vengeful, just a leader.

In Game #7 against Toronto last year, it all came together and he took his rightful place alongside Bergeron and Chara as a leader of this Bruins team. He hasn't looked back.

The validation - not to mention the experience - that would come with making and playing for Team Canada would be invaluable to Lucic (and the Bruins). It is the logical - and I think necessary - next obvious step in his development.

It doesn't matter what I think, it's gonna happen anyway. You can just kinda see it, you can tell. It's Lucic's destiny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay okay okay.

All of this "on international ice" stuff has gone way overboard.  Yeah, the surface is bigger, but the length is the same.  It's not like Fat Lucic is 60 years old and can't keep up with anyone.  He'll still be digging in the corners and standing in front of the net.  The guy is an amazing hockey player who can pass, shoot and hit.

To leave him off the team because you fear that some SM-Liga player may torch him once or twice to outside is loco.

NAS. It's not so much as him getting torched. Nobody said Lucic couldn't skate, but he doesn't have an explosive lateral, or acceleration that most do that play in these games. The extra width certainly has an impact on Lucic' ability in that regard. But playing the way he is right now & as long as he doesn't go into that funk-- that you & I BOTH wondered what was wrong with him after he came back from leaving Winnipeg due to a family matter last season. I can see him going & be involved in big moments for Canada. He's a total different player right now and the advantages of bringing him to Soci far outweigh any deficiencies he has. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

"...Not the end of the world if he doesn't make it ..." - 'Bookboy007'

I agree, of course, but if he DID make it, I think it would do wonders for him - and the Bruins. As he was in Junior, Lucic is a leader. I had been waiting for him to assume more of a leadership role on the Bruins - it is truly the way for him to be most effective, not angry, not vengeful, just a leader.

In Game #7 against Toronto last year, it all came together and he took his rightful place alongside Bergeron and Chara as a leader of this Bruins team. He hasn't looked back.

The validation - not to mention the experience - that would come with making and playing for Team Canada would be invaluable to Lucic (and the Bruins). It is the logical - and I think necessary - next obvious step in his development.

It doesn't matter what I think, it's gonna happen anyway. You can just kinda see it, you can tell. It's Lucic's destiny.

A Lucic speech for the ages. Well done Sir. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

50 goals season for Milan ??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It never stops blowing my mind people talking about skating and international ice.  Especially the supposed hockey experts.  I feel like they've never watched a European game.  When you add the extra width it doesn't change a lot, but what it actually does is put less emphaisis on speed and more on passing.  No matter how fast a player is, they can't move as fast as the puck.  And with a larger playing surface it becomes more difficult for a player to be effective solo with their speed and you need to play positionally and pass more.  It's a big reason why the Euro game looks more like soccer.

But regardless, Lucic is plenty fast and I would have him on any team in any league on any ice.  The guy's a monster.  If he continues to play (and score) like he has through 10 games, he'll be playing for Cananda.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You worry a little bit about his ability to get in on the forecheck"

This is where Lucic would get left in the dust. He won't be as effective, Milan wouldn't be able to close in on the forecheck as quickly. That is a big pasrt of his game as seperating players from the puck.

Sections
Shortcuts