MILAN LUCIC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: MILAN LUCIC

I

[/QUOTE]

richards has every bit of moxy and winning ability as lucic.  So does getzlaff, so does st louis, so does perry...all are champs, some are returning from 2010.  St Louis didnt even make the last squad.  How do you go wrong with logan, taveres, giroux, duschene all are fantastic players.  kunitz is far from an outside the slot type player.   I dont want him on the team but he plays unreal with sid.   Same as st louis and stampkos.   

team canada is stacked at center.   I think its obvious that guys like richards will be moved to the wing.  i could see bergie possibly playing with sid.  Just so many options.  

Trust me when i say im not knocking lucic.  But bergie was lost in his first appearance.  This isnt the nhl.  Its the worlds best.  I dont think lucic gets the nod over logan, tavares for example.  If its between a richards or lucic im taking richards.  He hits, scores, kills pims and has always been clutch and can take draws and play the wing.  Its about getting guys who can buy into roles and ultimately winning.  Canada was plenty physical in 2010.  The great thing is bergie will have a much bigger role, stampkos will be there.   

you are right, there is only one lucic.  But as a fan of the bruins, team canada and lucic i wouldnt have him in my starting 12 fwds.  

[/QUOTE]

Now your talking foolish! NOBODY in the league holds Lucic' jock when he plays his full power forward game!! Richards doesn't come close to putting a fear into players when Lucic is an amtrak train! Richards isn't even in Lucic' galaxy. Can't believe you would even attempt to make that comparison! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I

[/QUOTE]

richards has every bit of moxy and winning ability as lucic.  So does getzlaff, so does st louis, so does perry...all are champs, some are returning from 2010.  St Louis didnt even make the last squad.  How do you go wrong with logan, taveres, giroux, duschene all are fantastic players.  kunitz is far from an outside the slot type player.   I dont want him on the team but he plays unreal with sid.   Same as st louis and stampkos.   

team canada is stacked at center.   I think its obvious that guys like richards will be moved to the wing.  i could see bergie possibly playing with sid.  Just so many options.  

Trust me when i say im not knocking lucic.  But bergie was lost in his first appearance.  This isnt the nhl.  Its the worlds best.  I dont think lucic gets the nod over logan, tavares for example.  If its between a richards or lucic im taking richards.  He hits, scores, kills pims and has always been clutch and can take draws and play the wing.  Its about getting guys who can buy into roles and ultimately winning.  Canada was plenty physical in 2010.  The great thing is bergie will have a much bigger role, stampkos will be there.   

you are right, there is only one lucic.  But as a fan of the bruins, team canada and lucic i wouldnt have him in my starting 12 fwds.  

[/QUOTE]

Now your talking foolish! NOBODY in the league holds Lucic' jock when he plays his full power forward game!! Richards doesn't come close to putting a fear into players when Lucic is an amtrak train! Richards isn't even in Lucic' galaxy. Can't believe you would even attempt to make that comparison! 

[/QUOTE]

Richards is proven, can shut guys down, does hit and hard(ask malkin), leader, has worn the C and has won at every level.  Richards doesnt fight often.   Lucic is a rare breed and can change a game when he wants too.  But if im taking canadas team im taking richards who already has the experience and is a big game player and does get his nose dirty.  Lucic is the best pure power fwd in the league but there are lots of guys with skill that out hit him.  This is about team canada.  Not about the nhl.   

lets not make lucic a god either.  Lord half the people in here were ripping him before the one big game against the leafs.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    [

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think Kunitz makes it. He's good with Crosby, but there are better players who would produce more. If it comes down between Richards and Lucic. Thats a tough one. Each has their own intangibles. Lucic has the fighting over him, but there is no fighting in the Olympics. I might have to go with Richards, he can play center or wing, dont lose as much in the physical department as most people think and Richards can kill penalties. Olympic team, I take Richards, NHL team, I take Lucic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I dont think Kunitz makes it. He's good with Crosby, but there are better players who would produce more. If it comes down between Richards and Lucic. Thats a tough one. Each has their own intangibles. Lucic has the fighting over him, but there is no fighting in the Olympics. I might have to go with Richards, he can play center or wing, dont lose as much in the physical department as most people think and Richards can kill penalties. Olympic team, I take Richards, NHL team, I take Lucic.

[/QUOTE]

Now I really want Lucic to make it to prove both you crazy fawks wrong! Richards game isn't what it was at all. Lucic is still climbing, while Richards is at his peak, or decending. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now I really want Lucic to make it to prove both you crazy fawks wrong! Richards game isn't what it was at all. Lucic is still climbing, while Richards is at his peak, or decending. 

[/QUOTE]

I hope he makes it as well. But i think he will be out of his eliment.  look what happened to bertuzzi.  He looked terrible.  Burt was an absolute beast at that time.  As for richards he is 28?  When did that mean downhill?   We just dont see him as much.  But he was very good in the last 2 playoff runs.  richards offers more.  Its not a knock on lucic.  Same reason i would take logan over lucic.  He can play wing or center. Plays in all situations and can skate.  

i hope bergie, marchand and lucic make it.  I personally think marchand offers more as well.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

I hope he makes it as well. But i think he will be out of his eliment.  look what happened to bertuzzi.  He looked terrible.  Burt was an absolute beast at that time.  As for richards he is 28?  When did that mean downhill?   We just dont see him as much.  But he was very good in the last 2 playoff runs.  richards offers more.  Its not a knock on lucic.  Same reason i would take logan over lucic.  He can play wing or center. Plays in all situations and can skate.  

i hope bergie, marchand and lucic make it.  I personally think marchand offers more as well.  

[/QUOTE]
    I didn't mean he's declining because of his age. I just think he's peaked. Bert never was a gamer and proved without Naslund he's nothing much. He's was like Big Buff is. Big, but not much substance as far as being physically dominant.

Sections
Shortcuts