milan lucic gets punched in Vancouver bar

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: milan lucic gets punched in Vancouver bar

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So the guy punches Lucic three times and Lucic doesn't kill him in response.

What a man.  Amazing.

Oh my are you a fraud.   Hitler could be signed and play here and you'd call it amazing. This team is coming apart at the seams with the organization just letting it happen.

Marchand, Thornton and now Lucic.  It's a total disaster so far this year and it may adversely affect their goal of a Stanley Cup.

What is Lucic even doing out after the game after a huge loss with a young baby at home?

Didn't he punch his girlfriend a couple of years ago in a drunken rage outside a bar in Boston?

The Bruins should have known. They should have known. I demand an investigation!

Goodell sent a letter to each team clearly stating the rules about taping during games. BB should have known!

How did the investigation go?

You're a moron on both subjects. I am mocking Nary A Clue's disingenuous behavior on the Pats board.

Taping is still legal today, by the way.  Goodell doesn't want his brand marred as he tries to sell it to Europe.  That and being the new sheriff in town was what that was about, Kevlie.

Don't look now, but the PC way Bettman/Shanahan are handling the NHL's violence is as disinegenous as what Goodell has done and doing with the arbitrary rule changes and punishments in the NFL.

No logic, no sense and total over-reaction.

So BB broke no rules? They fined him and took away the draft pick for nothing?

Thats interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to neely66's comment:

There is scum everywhere in every city. Lucics reaction more precisely his words was one of  a person who thinks he's king schitt.  True narcissism.. at first I thought it was the other guy who used those words was really surprised it came from lucic.  U think berg or even St would have said that.  Those words are typical coming fRom a spoiled punk

Btw - u wanna see scum watch the red Sox fans fight during parade and listen to that embecile videotaper

Worse kind of human Vermon

Yes there is SCUM everywhere... even in Myaberry but how many of them go as far as burning a city down?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"It's a total disaster so far this year and it may adversely affect their goal of a Stanley Cup."

The Bruins are in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference, with a game in hand, all while they are playing with some AHL players, beat up and flu ridden players.

What a disaster!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Meh, no big deal. He sounded like a fool but most people do when they are drunk. At Least he didn't fight back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Milan Lucic says he was attacked in Vancouver

No punches can be seen on the video, but Lucic said his attacker punched him twice, once inside the club and once outside, and he did not retaliate. He said he is looking into legal options and said he will never again set foot downtown in his hometown. Laughing

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/12/16/milan-lucic-says-was-victim-unprovoked-attack-vancouver/iKVuiHagf8IjX1U18f5igM/story.html

END OF STORY / NEXT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Vancouver Sun coverage:

“It sucks being in that situation but then again, you have to take ownership of it and it happened because you were in that situation,” he said. “We came off a good road trip and wanted to blow off some steam and have some fun and unfortunately, it had to end the way it did. Hopefully, it’s not more of a distraction to the team further than after (Monday).”

The Vancouver Sun reported that police would not confirm the incident due to privacy concerns and said they would release names if charges were laid.

Lucic played junior hockey for the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League before beginning his pro career. He was the target of attacks during the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs when vandals defaced the church his family attended with graffiti reading “F—k Lucic. Go Canuks (sic) go.” Accompanied by a drawing of male body parts.

Riots broke out in Vancouver following the Bruins’ Game 7 win in the Cup final.

Lucic expressed his disappointment in the city.

“That’s one of the worst parts. It’s in my hometown,” Lucic said. “Going back to the spray painting of the church and my grandparents and parents and family getting harassed during the final against the Canucks in 2011, it’s escalated to a point where I get attacked for just minding my own business. I have no reason left to defend my city and the people in my city. I’m disgusted and outraged that it had to come to something like that.

“So, as far as that goes, other than being at Rogers Arena, no one will ever see me in downtown Vancouver ever again ... I’ve been downtown Vancouver 50, 60 times and I’ve never even come close to an altercation. But this one obviously ended in one.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Boston+Bruins+forward+Milan+Lucic+minding+business+when+attacked+with+video/9290026/story.html#ixzz2nfbrYVJg

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/With+video+Boston+Bruins+forward+Milan+Lucic+involved+incident+outside+Vancouver+nightclub/9290026/story.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

The team is falling apart. Going to hell in a hand basket. Fact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

The team is falling apart. Going to hell in a hand basket. Fact.

+100!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not saying that Lucic necessarily did just the right thing, but I challenge anyone here to go to a bar, drink some beers, and then have a stranger sucker punch you twice in the face to see your reaction.  I'll record what comes out of your mouth and put it in the newspaper.  Think that would go well for anyone?

He kept his hands off the guy, which is about the best we could hope for.  He's not a choir boy, he's a professional athlete in his 20's.  What do you want him to do -- politely challenge the guy to a dance off?

I would recommend no more night's out in downtown Vancouver though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

There seems to be lots of confusion as to who said what here. So far all day on Satellite I've heard it's the other guy asking Lucic if he knows who he is. Meaning that he's supposedly the resident tough guy in the hood. He's the one who says I'll fawkin kill you! And appartently the differece between 2 & 3 punches is that Lucic forgets about the one he received in the bar & his buddy reminds him of it while in conversation with the police. And I'm with Fletch...Obvisously Lucic is Public Enemy #1 in Vancouver, I understand he probably has lots of his buddies he wants to hangout with in his hometown, but maybe he gets them to meet him at the team hotel's lounge or something? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

No issue with what he did. He probably regrets what he said but honestly im shocked and glad he didnt hit him.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This could have far-reaching ramifications for the Canucks as I see it. Because, for all their anti-Bruin feelings - it's pretty plain that they would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Milan Lucic in a Vancouver Canucks uniform.

I think a lot of Canucks fans harboured or held onto the dream that local boy Lucic would one day find his way - by Free Agency - to Vancouver.

Not feeling that one today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

There seems to be lots of confusion as to who said what here. So far all day on Satellite I've heard it's the other guy asking Lucic if he knows who he is. Meaning that he's supposedly the resident tough guy in the hood. He's the one who says I'll fawkin kill you! And appartently the differece between 2 & 3 punches is that Lucic forgets about the one he received in the bar & his buddy reminds him of it while in conversation with the police. And I'm with Fletch...Obvisously Lucic is Public Enemy #1 in Vancouver, I understand he probably has lots of his buddies he wants to hangout with in his hometown, but maybe he gets them to meet him at the team hotel's lounge or something? 

Like I said, he should just stick to my neighbourhood, which is where he grew up. It's a working class area historically (though it's getting gentrified now) The Croatian Community Centre is right by me, and Lucic is flipping adored by everyone around there. I've seen him on the drive, as have many of my friends, during previous off-seasons and I've heard no tale of him getting hassled. His family are mainstays of the community out here. Just stay in East Van. Downtown Vancouver sucks anyway - I get dragged there a couple of times a year and that's it - it's the reason Vancouver's nick name is "No Fun City".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Like I said, he should just stick to my neighbourhood, which is where he grew up. It's a working class area historically (though it's getting gentrified now) The Croatian Community Centre is right by me, and Lucic is flipping adored by everyone around there. I've seen him on the drive, as have many of my friends, during previous off-seasons and I've heard no tale of him getting hassled. His family are mainstays of the community out here. Just stay in East Van. Downtown Vancouver sucks anyway - I get dragged there a couple of times a year and that's it - it's the reason Vancouver's nick name is "No Fun City".

OK Red all Bruin fans are now giving you the responsibility of protecting Lucic while he's in Vancouver. Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

hard to believe they don't love Milan........or any other Bruin for that matter in Vancouver. Go figure. And good thing Milan was smart enough not too go further. No question who has the most to lose there.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo.....been there done that.  Lucic was pissed, rightfully so. 

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'm not saying that Lucic necessarily did just the right thing, but I challenge anyone here to go to a bar, drink some beers, and then have a stranger sucker punch you twice in the face to see your reaction.  I'll record what comes out of your mouth and put it in the newspaper.  Think that would go well for anyone?

He kept his hands off the guy, which is about the best we could hope for.  He's not a choir boy, he's a professional athlete in his 20's.  What do you want him to do -- politely challenge the guy to a dance off?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Milan was wise enough not to have public party in Vancouver when he had his day with the Cup. He should have applied the same logic when pondering an outting to downtown Vancouver after a Bruins Canucks game. I live in Surrey- a large city in its own right -but I'm not a Vancouverite. I am really saddened by the fact that someone would pull this stunt on Milan but he just should not have been there in the first place. Stay in the Hotel and get on the plane the next day. It's not just that the B's beat the Canucks-it was how they beat them. There are a bunch of lowlifes in Vancouver that will never get over that cup loss.- I hope they never get to win one. I am embarrassed by the monkey business in Vancouver but the Bruins need to make this go away and not have it become a distraction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Sad that a guy can't hook up with a few of his buddies around the holidays and have a cold one  without some loser ruining the festivities. Glad Lucic showed restraint. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

There is scum everywhere in every city. Lucics reaction more precisely his words was one of  a person who thinks he's king schitt.  True narcissism.. at first I thought it was the other guy who used those words was really surprised it came from lucic.  U think berg or even St would have said that.  Those words are typical coming fRom a spoiled punk

Btw - u wanna see scum watch the red Sox fans fight during parade and listen to that embecile videotaper

Worse kind of human Vermon

OK seeing you try to spell big-boy words like "vermin" and imbecile," tells me why you can't manage to type out a tough one like "you."

Is 6 in that screen name for last grade completed?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

We beat them in the finals took away their best player ever -Why  is it so hard to believe? 

Now it's "we."

What position did you play, again?

Yep, 6th grade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

#drunkenlooch will be traded away now just like seguin.  #yesimkidding. 

The only sucker punch seguin took was a tootsie-roll shooter.  

Sections
Shortcuts