Milan Lucic: start fighting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Milan Lucic: start fighting

I was the guy saying Lucic should be fighting less when he scored 30 and was playing top line minutes. Well, I think it's time to go back to what got you in the league Milan. Start fighting. Don't be Shawn Thornton, but drop the gloves every 4-5 games. It'll get you motivated, and angry. You play better when you are angry and motivated. Maybe it will translate into a better overall game for you. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Milan Lucic: start fighting

He isn't angry.  Hasn't been since he got married and had a kid for a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fighting isn't nec if hes playing hard.  He's earned his rep similar to Cam, Tockett etc etc.  He leads the team in hits by more then double of the next guy.  He's been a bit snake bitten and does not get into the extra pushing matches, yet seems to take stupid penalties.  I figure CJ told him to stop with the dumb dumb penalties.  Which may have hurt his overall aggression.  Lets not forget that the big guy is still young and learning the game. 
    I want more as well but as long as he is ready for playoffs I don't care at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Fighting isn't nec if hes playing hard.  He's earned his rep similar to Cam, Tockett etc etc.  He leads the team in hits by more then double of the next guy.  He's been a bit snake bitten and does not get into the extra pushing matches, yet seems to take stupid penalties.  I figure CJ told him to stop with the dumb dumb penalties.  Which may have hurt his overall aggression.  Lets not forget that the big guy is still young and learning the game. 
    I want more as well but as long as he is ready for playoffs I don't care at this point.

you're right i guess? That wasn't really my point. If he's playing hard and moving his feet and getting in on the forecheck and punishing defenders, no need for fighting. he isn't doing that. Maybe fighting a bit will get him going. It was something he drew emotional motivation from earlier in his career. I see no reason why it might not do the same for him now that he's a young man instead of a kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hope CJ tells him to stop with the dumb neutral and defensive zone turnovers too

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yawn

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They did he doesn't listen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

People like to come down on Seguin but Lucic can't do much of anything anymore. When is CJ gonna hold HIM accountable?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Yawn

Why do they come here?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The only thing I can think of is just plain laziness... he clearly has the skill because on the rare night he decides to really make a difference, he does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Why do they come here?

You know how some people have players they just hold on to, and someone coined the term "binky" for that view of the player?

Well, some people have players they just chew on.  It doesn't matter if the player is more like rawhide or vulcanized rubber, they just chew chew chew.

He's had a rough season.  That doesn't turn him into a terrible player suddenly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I was the guy saying Lucic should be fighting less when he scored 30 and was playing top line minutes. Well, I think it's time to go back to what got you in the league Milan. Start fighting. Don't be Shawn Thornton, but drop the gloves every 4-5 games. It'll get you motivated, and angry. You play better when you are angry and motivated. Maybe it will translate into a better overall game for you. 

When do you want Lucic to fight BEFORE or AFTER one of his MANY turnovers?

he is terrible.... and has been for a LONG time... package him and boy wonder Seguin in a trade while there is still any trade value at all.. a few pucks and 10 th rounder will do!

wait, why didn't i have you on ignore until now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

It gets better next year. That's when we start paying him 6 million per season. Hopefully he reverts back to the type of play that got him that new contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Lets not kid ourselves people there were occassions when Cam looked for a fight to get himself going.  You can not bring it every night when you are scorer and tough guy and when Cam's play slacked someone was gonna pay.  It sounds odd but it is true. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Why do they come here?

You know how some people have players they just hold on to, and someone coined the term "binky" for that view of the player?

Well, some people have players they just chew on.  It doesn't matter if the player is more like rawhide or vulcanized rubber, they just chew chew chew.

He's had a rough season.  That doesn't turn him into a terrible player suddenly.

If it was just this season that would be fine, but he was pretty meaningless in the cup run and was absolutely dismal in our first round exit last year. The guy is so overvalued (especially on these boards) its not even funny. 6 million is a joke for a guy who disappeared the first round against Montreal in '11 and did it again against the caps last year. Doesn't really seem to matter what the guy does though, he is a lock for a spot on the top line and people keep dreaming about the second coming of Cam Neely. Right...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Nice pass to Horton for the game winner in game 7 vs. Habs though, dontcha think?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"twice as many hits..."..................that argument is stale on this team of finesse masters.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I love the Looch but man is he playing bad....

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lol.  Kinda true. :)

He's probably pacing himself for the playoffs.  btw, I would put him in the do not trade catagory as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Big bad Looch is sweet Milan now.

Sections
Shortcuts