Milbury and JR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Milbury and JR

Milbury---low end NHL player, suspect GM, great analyst

JR---great hockey player, strong analyst

It was great listening to these guys as they don't get enough kudos to how well they work together in the booth.  They tell it like it is with pretty good objectivity.  You know that JR burns inside to see the US not win it (and Canada take it); but overall, he does a good job of not overtly showing his bias. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Milbury and JR

They are great.  The dopes on HNIC should watch them more. 

PJ Stock is pitiful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Canada we were subjected to,

Glen Healy-Low end AHL goalie,pathetic analyst

Craig Simpson-middle of the road hockey player,boring,dronelike vocal quality & mediocre analyst

It was hard listening to these guys over a 60 minute game but was made bearable by Canada's stifling defence,quality goaltending and timely, clutch scoring to win another Gold medal in an all around dominating performance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll never understand why CBC took Lebrun and Francis off the Hot Stove. I really like Kevin Weeks as well, he knows his hockey.

Hoping those three go over to Rogers SportsNet in some capacity. Along with Gord Miller, McKenzie and Dregger from TSN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll never understand why CBC took Lebrun and Francis off the Hot Stove. I really like Kevin Weeks as well, he knows his hockey.

Hoping those three go over to Rogers SportsNet in some capacity. Along with Gord Miller, McKenzie and Dregger from TSN.

[/QUOTE]

If not your going to get a heavy dose of MacLean,Kypreos,Lawton....ugh. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are great.  The dopes on HNIC should watch them more. 

PJ Stock is pitiful.

[/QUOTE]

I'm really liking a more subdued Milbury lately. Not sure if it's just a maturity thing or his own realization that he can make a lot of good points without trying to be so belligerent. Stock -- frankly -- surprises me. I had high hopes that he would have what it takes but I missed the boat on him from the get go. Perhaps -- Chalk it up to too many shots to the head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Stock is trying to be Don Cherry's replacement,a style Milbury tried and finally figured out it won't work,there is only one Grapes.Lets hope PJ learns as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Milbury---low end NHL player, suspect GM, great analyst

JR---great hockey player, strong analyst

It was great listening to these guys as they don't get enough kudos to how well they work together in the booth.  They tell it like it is with pretty good objectivity.  You know that JR burns inside to see the US not win it (and Canada take it); but overall, he does a good job of not overtly showing his bias. 

[/QUOTE]

JR did a pretty good job of holding back. Cringed a bit then he called the slashing penalty in the womens game "the worst call he had ever seen". He's been around the game for a long time -- Pretty sure he's seen a lot worse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Craig Simpson-middle of the road hockey player,boring,dronelike vocal quality & mediocre analyst

It was hard listening to these guys over a 60 minute game but was made bearable by Canada's stifling defence,quality goaltending and timely, clutch scoring to win another Gold medal in an all around dominating performance.

[/QUOTE]

You're not saying you prefer Pierre McGuire to Healy between the benches are you? Maybe they will  both get taken out by the same puck...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Why do you need someone else to analyse what you are watching? You've seen and played enough hockey to know what is going on, I would think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're not saying you prefer Pierre McGuire to Healy between the benches are you? Maybe they will  both get taken out by the same puck...

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not,i'd take him over Healy but that is with a gun pointing at my head.Would take Joe Micheletti,Ray Ferraro or anyone else besides those two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do you need someone else to analyse what you are watching? You've seen and played enough hockey to know what is going on, I would think.

[/QUOTE]

For sure but usually when you watch a game on TV, the volume is on.I will admit though i watched one of the B's/Tampa conference final games with the sound muted rather than listen to Healy,Simpson and Hughson. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

I think Stock is trying to be Don Cherry's replacement,a style Milbury tried and finally figured out it won't work,there is only one Grapes.Lets hope PJ learns as well.[/QUOTE]

PJ doesn't bother me as much as Kypreos, Duthie, Button, Healy and Marek do. He doesn't irritate me as much as others hate him. But then again Stock was a Bruin.

Does everyone think McLean will retire ?

He's awesome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

I think Stock is trying to be Don Cherry's replacement,a style Milbury tried and finally figured out it won't work,there is only one Grapes.Lets hope PJ learns as well.[/QUOTE]

PJ doesn't bother me as much as Kypreos, Duthie, Button, Healy and Marek do. He doesn't irritate me as much as others hate him. But then again Stock was a Bruin.

Does everyone think McLean will retire ?

He's awesome!

[/QUOTE]

PJ doesn't bother me as much as some also,he used to be good at lightening up all those serious talking heads that went on and on,but lately he's been taking the whats pizzing him off lately routine,which is what Cherry has done for years. Can't stand Kypreos, Button either.Button was the one that went on and on about why did team Canada take Bergeron,should have taken Giroux instead,what a nimrod,although i like Giroux.Should have taken Giroux instead of Kuntz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Muting is my best way to watch hockey including NESN.  Milbury talks straight, he has made JR a better analyst by simply cueing in on JR's jiberish.  Doc is the best hockey annoucer in NA.  Pierre needs a helmut.  I watch the NHL Network and I have to agree Kevin Weeks is the strongest at a analyst.  

[QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For sure but usually when you watch a game on TV, the volume is on.I will admit though i watched one of the B's/Tampa conference final games with the sound muted rather than listen to Healy,Simpson and Hughson. 

[/QUOTE]