Milbury on Versus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Milbury on Versus

I can't believe this guy. Totally denigrates Ference for saying it was a bad hit by Paille and then goes on to all but condone the hit by Cooke on Ovechkin saying it  "just happened" and that Cooke is a good player, and wouldn't label him a dirty player...I believe the term he used was was "slightly soiled" (with a wink and a nod).

An embarrassment to the fine town of Walpole.

I know, I know...this is news because??

In hindsight, I guess he wins because he did to me exactly what he set out to do, which is infuriate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Milbury on Versus

I watched it as well.  Jones was hard on him as well.

The only point I made re: Ference is that he created a needless $hitstorm b/c of his words.  He really should have kept it quiet and kept it behind closed doors. 

What Milbury said re: Cooke is wrong.  He would not have a job if it werent for his physical play.  I don't think he is a terrible player in terms of skill.  But he has always been a rat. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus:
    [QUOTE] What Milbury said re: Cooke is wrong.  He would not have a job if it werent for his physical play.  I don't think he is a terrible player in terms of skill.  But he has always been a rat. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing about Cooke when he played in Vancouver.  His awful conduct has continued and now is magnified.  Hate him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I watched it as well.  Jones was hard on him as well. The only point I made re: Ference is that he created a needless $hitstorm b/c of his words.  He really should have kept it quiet and kept it behind closed doors.  What Milbury said re: Cooke is wrong.  He would not have a job if it werent for his physical play.  I don't think he is a terrible player in terms of skill.  But he has always been a rat. 

no no no no,  don't try and change things. You agree with Milbury. 
    What do Cooke, Milbury and Raffi Torres have in common.  YOU !
    Keith Jones not any better, he said he likes Matt Coke also ?
    I also watched the 2nd intermission and these guys are on crack.

and BTW the tide is changing and respectable media members are backing Ference . Here are just a few, off the record Michael Landberg and guests (GM Button), Thats Hockey Geno Reda and x-Leaf Johnson and Also Bob McKenzie called it re-freshing !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think Jonsey and Milbury were praising Cooke's actions..They simply said he is a good player.Which he is. Jones did call him "filthy"...

I think Milbury was so fired up about Ference he kind of let Cooke off the hook.
    I wonder what the folks at NESN think of milbury's rant about Ference?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : no no no no,  don't try and change things. You agree with Milbury.  What do Cooke, Milbury and Raffi Torres have in common.  YOU ! Kieth Jones not any better, he lies Matt Coke also ? I watched the 2nd intermission and these guys are on crack. and BTW the tide is changing and respectablemedia guys are backing Ference . Here are just a few, off the record Michael Landberg and guests (GM Button), Thats Hockey Geno Reda and x-Leaf Johnson and Also Bob McKenzie called it re-freshing !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion, you baited me back in.. I thought I had closed the chapter on this on my other post...The only one`s of course backing Ference are  the MEDIA!! That is not up for debate...Not surprising.. Ference gave them a good story line and something to talk about instead of the dismal Leafs for a change.. Yes, it is refreshing to the media guys.. They are all lapping it up for what it`s worth...Of course they all support Ference and why wouldn`t they,  he gave them ammo for new story lines and subplots that are going to continue for weeks...Up here , even non sports radio stations are chiming in on this subject..This thing has taken on a life of it`s own up here .. thanks to AF..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : Legion, you baited me back in.. I thought I had closed the chapter on this on my other post...The only one`s of course backing Ference are  the MEDIA!! That is not up for debate...Not surprising.. Ference gave them a good story line and something to talk about instead of the dismal Leafs for a change.. Yes, it is refreshing to the media guys.. They are all lapping it up for what it`s worth...Of course they all support Ference and why wouldn`t they,  he gave them ammo for new story lines and subplots that are going to continue for weeks...Up here , even non sports radio stations are chiming in on this subject..This thing has taken on a life of it`s own up here .. thanks to AF..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I know cowboy,  I'm just playing with shupe,  he had a tough night,
    I'm from up there also LOL.
    I had just found it funny as "us" Canadians look at the situation differently.
    Like MeanE said the players already all laughed about it. 
    Let's move on AND BTW you're supposed to bring up more Kessel-wilson stuff.Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BS,

Stop picking on me or I will report you. 

And I still like Raffi Torres even though I have jinxed him. 

:-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ergo,

Lucic has had some questionable hits as well.  Think Ference calls him out?

I agree the hit was bad in terms of todays standards, most on here agree that it was a head shot.  Ference didn't need to say anything. 

Anyway, I am done with talking about this.  Ference created a media feeding frenzy and getting negative air play. 
    Do I like Milbury or Jones?  No.  But at least they played the sport and have sat in a dressing room and looked team mates in the eye and then gone to war with them.  These blood sucking media beat writers always look for a negative story...Ference helped them out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

After the Cooke hit Guerin was not quiet at all.  Can't recall exactly what he said but I remember it as being similar but worse than what Ference said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=313529

"If a guy gets hurt like that with a shot to the head, there's got to be something," Guerin said. "Actions happen.

"Guys don't mean to hurt each other, but they do. You got to pay a price for that."

Guerin said players must know they can play the game with protection against hits to the head, especially those that a player can't see coming.

"We're all under the same umbrella, whether the guy's on my team and I'm sitting right next to him or he's playing in California," Guerin said. "It doesn't matter. We're all playing in the same league.

"We all want the same safety. We all want to be looked after the same way. I understand he (Cooke) is on my team but, hey, he's in a tough spot."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guerin has earned his place in the hockey world and is well respected.  AF does not have that track record.  Not even close if you wanna dig deep into the NHLPA issues. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Milbury is a sound bite away from being "Don Cherry"!  No one has asked Paille of his reaction, I am pretty sure the matter is nothing more than the obvious, the hit was illegal.  As for Cooke, his track record speaks for itself.  Milbury is correct on one thing, Ference likes to talk.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]The only point I made re: Ference is that he created a needless $hitstorm b/c of his words.   

Milbury and Cherry are more responsible for the $hitstorm than Ference. It's what they do and you know it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My last word.  Promise

A dressing room is a sacred place.  Similar to a boys weekend in Vegas.  What happens in the room stays in the room.  Or on the ice in this instance. 

I am not the biggest AF fan for starters but he should have
    a. said nothing.
    b. talk about head shots in general w/o burning a team mate
    c. said nothing.

I like a. and c.

His words have changed nothing other than creating an unnecessary media frenzy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Walk,

I agree.  BUT it wouldn't have been started without the source.   AF says nothing and nothing can be reported...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : Milbury and Cherry are more responsible for the $hitstorm than Ference. It's what they do and you know it.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Completely agree WTL. If it wasnt for those two brewing stuff up while ALL THE BRUINS PLAYERS SAY THE ROOM IS FINE!!!!

no1 would even be talking about it. Like I said in another thread I'll take AF Bergy and Recchi's words about the state of the B's locker room of madmike anyday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Why would he "keep it quiet?" It needs to be talked about. He told the truth. Paille should be upset with himself for throwing a bad hit, not upset with Ference for stating the obvious: "It was a bad hit." Ference has a ton of charactor. He's responsible on the ice and has his teammates backs. He's responsible and progressive in the community and with his politics. I was proud of him and refereshed for doing this.
    Yes Paille lost games and money... he should have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tommy Shaunghnassy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if milbury is such a team guy- and such a great bruin supporter, why is he now throwing a boston player under the bus(ference)...shouldn't he be doing it behind closed doors?? sounds like a hypocrite...which is what ference would have sounded like had he not called his teammate out!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]if milbury is such a team guy- and such a great bruin supporter, why is he now throwing a boston player under the bus(ference)...shouldn't he be doing it behind closed doors?? sounds like a hypocrite...which is what ference would have sounded like had he not called his teammate out!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    How would he seem like a hypocrite if he had said nothing?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]My last word.  Promise A dressing room is a sacred place.  Similar to a boys weekend in Vegas.  What happens in the room stays in the room.  Or on the ice in this instance.  I am not the biggest AF fan for starters but he should have a. said nothing. b. talk about head shots in general w/o burning a team mate c. said nothing. I like a. and c. His words have changed nothing other than creating an unnecessary media frenzy. 
    Shupe..You would have liked Ference to have taken the high road on this, but he chose not to.....why , because he also has 2 teammates who have been on the receiving end of dirty hits , hits that the league are trying to get rid of. How do you think he would look in Bergy or Savvy's eyes had he said " I didn't think it was a blindside hit " knowing full well it was. I think AF should be applauded for what he said. He showed some character for speaking out, much like Bill Guerin did. Bottom line is, that type of hit is no longer tolerated in the NHL. As for what Milbury thinks about Ference...Who cares...he is a two bit, dime store Neanderthal who like to hear himself yak.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : Shupe..You would have liked Ference to have taken the high road on this, but he chose not to.....why , because he also has 2 teammates who have been on the receiving end of dirty hits , hits that the league are trying to get rid of. How do you think he would look in Bergy or Savvy's eyes had he said " I didn't think it was a blindside hit " knowing full well it was. I think AF should be applauded for what he said. He showed some character for speaking out, much like Bill Guerin did. Bottom line is, that type of hit is no longer tolerated in the NHL. As for what Milbury thinks about Ference...Who cares...he is a two bit, dime store Neanderthal who like to hear himself yak.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I guess we'll have to just let guys skate through the high slot searching for the puck with their head down.I don't know what's up with some of you guys.Just because someone was hurt doesn't mean it had to be a dirty hit.Why folks bring up the Bergeron and Savard hits is beyond me.Pailles' hit was completely different but let's hang him out to dry while he's simply giving every possible effort to just stay on the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : I guess we'll have to just let guys skate through the high slot searching for the puck with their head down.I don't know what's up with some of you guys.Just because someone was hurt doesn't mean it had to be a dirty hit.Why folks bring up the Bergeron and Savard hits is beyond me.Pailles' hit was completely different but let's hang him out to dry while he's simply giving every possible effort to just stay on the team.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    OBVIOUSLY THE LEAGUE DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU..... SO MATT COOKE IS DOING WHAT EVER HE CAN TO STAY WITH HIS TEAM? I DO NOT, BY THE WAY, LUMP DANIEL PAILLE IN WITH THE MATT COOKES OF THE WORLD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : OBVIOUSLY THE LEAGUE DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU..... SO MATT COOKE IS DOING WHAT EVER HE CAN TO STAY WITH HIS TEAM? I DO NOT, BY THE WAY, LUMP DANIEL PAILLE IN WITH THE MATT COOKES OF THE WORLD.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Where from my statement did you get the idea I was saying Cooke was doing everything he could to stay in the lineup.That's once again that you've chosen to lump Paille and Cooke together(in the same paragraph in which you say you don't do that).The league didn't agree with me on the Cooke/Savard hit either.So does that mean they were right?

Sections
Shortcuts