Milbury on Versus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Milbury on Versus

to me yes, a hypocrite would have said nothing...better yet a person with no guts would have said nothing...a person with no character would have said nothing... a person with no moral compass would have said nothing...who's the first guy to jump in for his teammates all year...andrew ference, plenty of character,guts and moral guidance. these aren't 10 year olds who need coddling-paille should be called out for an unnecesary hit- that could have really hurt a guy 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus:
    [QUOTE]I was never a huge fan of Ference but I'm perfectly OK with him calling out Paille. When Cooke hit Savard, we got silence from the Penguins.  Then when Crosby went down, suddenly they're all over head hits, and we're calling them hypocrites. I don't know what got into Paille, but the hit was classic to-the-head blind side. Good for Ference. Oh, and Millbury's gotten way too ESPN-ish, anyway.  I'd rather hear Brick on a bad day.  
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  As Bruins fans we have perspective on this.  It was appalling the way the Penguins acted as if Cooke had done nothing wrong but then when Ference does what we wished the Penguins had done we jump all over him?  He didn't say Paille was a bad person he said it was an illegal hit. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I watch the replay of Milbury on HNIC hot stove just to watch Eric Francis and Pierre Lebrun goof on Mike. He's all over the board with his comments never any consistency. Milbury acts tuff but he isn't there's video of him running behind the refs when Robinson finally called him out.

Much to do about nothing as Paille and Ference watched the Super Bowl together with other teammates story over. If Milbury wants to take Don's place on Coach's Corner let him I don't respect Mike's hockey opinions was a joke as a GM and now as a commentator he can't even standup Pierre McGuire on NBC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]to me yes, a hypocrite would have said nothing...better yet a person with no guts would have said nothing...a person with no character would have said nothing... a person with no moral compass would have said nothing...who's the first guy to jump in for his teammates all year...andrew ference, plenty of character,guts and moral guidance. these aren't 10 year olds who need coddling-paille should be called out for an unnecesary hit- that could have really hurt a guy 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    No character?No moral compass?All from choosing to not bother saying anything.So let's get this straight.I heard NOTHING from Chara,TT,Seidenberg,Recchi,etc.Obviously you feel theses players have no character or moral compass since they stayed quiet.I guess our problems in the room are far worse than I imagined since this group only has a handful of guys with so-called character.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no...the stayed quiet because they were not interviewed live after the game. they all had time to agree to stick to the party line, ference spoke from his heart-called a spade a spade. explain to me how "telling it how it is" is wrong...sorry if the truth hurts, these are men not 10 year olds 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : I guess we'll have to just let guys skate through the high slot searching for the puck with their head down.I don't know what's up with some of you guys.Just because someone was hurt doesn't mean it had to be a dirty hit.Why folks bring up the Bergeron and Savard hits is beyond me.Pailles' hit was completely different but let's hang him out to dry while he's simply giving every possible effort to just stay on the team.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    The Matt Cooke hit on Savard was a vicious BLINDSIDE hit. Last year, there was no penalty for a BLINSIDE hit. This year, there is a rule in place for BLINSIDE hits. I'm sorry you feel bad for Paille, because he didn't mean to lay that BLINDSIDE on Sawada, he is after all " just trying to stay on team ". I despise Matt Cooke, and in no way compare the 2 hits as the same..One had cruel intentions..... and Paille, I believe was not trying take off Sawada's head. But Dez, under the new rule, it was a hit from the BLINDSIDE. That is why I referenced the Savard\Cooke hit. and by your logic...Was Cooke " giving every possible effort to just stay with his team "?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury on Versus : The Matt Cooke hit on Savard was a vicious BLINDSIDE hit. Last year, there was no penalty for a BLINSIDE hit. This year, there is a rule in place for BLINSIDE hits. I'm sorry you feel bad for Paille, because he didn't mean to lay that BLINDSIDE on Sawada, he is after all " just trying to stay on team ". I despise Matt Cooke, and in no way compare the 2 hits as the same..One had cruel intentions..... and Paille, I believe was not trying take off Sawada's head. But Dez, under the new rule, it was a hit from the BLINDSIDE. That is why I referenced the Savard\Cooke hit. and by your logic...Was Cooke " giving every possible effort to just stay with his team "?
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    No,Cooke was trying to injure someone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]no...the stayed quiet because they were not interviewed live after the game. they all had time to agree to stick to the party line, ference spoke from his heart-called a spade a spade. explain to me how "telling it how it is" is wrong...sorry if the truth hurts, these are men not 10 year olds 
    So like you said,the fact they choose to stay silent means they lack character.What exactly is the truth here?Are you saying these guys get a pass because they had time to think before speaking?Obviously I'm a little confused  but let's leave this one alone or it'll never die.I think one way-you guys another.We can still be friends........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

paille's hit was extremely bad judgement... not vicious- i don't feel he targeted the head. not the same category as cooke and his shenanigans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

both milbury and my fav Don Cherry have made a living out of controversy. Someone on here stated that if Ference had not tied Paille into his comments than they would not have opened the doors to media explosions. Nuff said. Ference is NOT the Bruins P.R. man. He has often spoken out before engaging his brain. He is not helping anyone except the media. ALSO, for all the "EXPERTS" on this board, and in the media, it was PRIMARILY a shoulder to shoulder hit. The guy has a sore shoulder, so stop calling it a head hit. He was punished under the blind-side ruling

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i wanna talk but made you all a promise that I wouldnt comment on the fact that you don't speak outside of the group,  The team comes before your thoughts or what the media may want.  You don't think the media tried to get this outta anyone else?  Yes, but the correct response was likely given from the true leaders of the team.  Ooops.  I sorta broke my code of silence.  There is no honor in throwing a team mate under the bus.  Milbury is an idiot.  A blowhard.  But he also played the game when these types of hits were legal.  He also was a hard nosed guy and is 10 times the player Ference will ever become.  To me that gives him a right to speak.  Grapes is also a blow hard.  But considering he is the best Bruins coaches of all time I would also tend to think he knows what he is talking about. 

I am sorry but this was given attention b/c he opened his mouth.  All the above mentioned couldnt run with this if he had stayed quiet. 

AF should have waited.  If he wanted to even talk about it in a weeks time it would have sent a better message. 

Anyway, I gotta stop reading this thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

There is a huge difference from Cooke and Paille.  Paille was attempting to seperate the man from the puck.  Cooke was trying to seperate the head from the body.  Big difference.  There are a lot of hits this year that they call questionable.  Stuart hit in Detroit to me was a clean hit.  Had he not been injured would it have been an issue? 

I don't know guys.  Lots of good hockey talk and lots of good posters in here.  This is a political BS nitemare.  Lets just move on and talk about the Bruins laying some beatdown in the next game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]no...the stayed quiet because they were not interviewed live after the game. they all had time to agree to stick to the party line, ference spoke from his heart-called a spade a spade. explain to me how "telling it how it is" is wrong...sorry if the truth hurts, these are men not 10 year olds 

Bees, my understanding is that the Captain always addresses the media after everygame..That's an important part of the job..It's a must.. Chara probably declined to answer , because I am sure he would have been asked..If not the media wasn't doing their job..

Anyway, lots of different opinions, great posts on all threads regarding  AF and Paille .. I think I agree with some on here.. This has been talked to death.. It's over.. How about those Habs tomorrow night :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cherry does overstate his opinions, but not only was he a very good Bruins coach, he also played the game as a defenseman for a number of years when there were far fewer teams. He was looked on as on idol for the Rochester Americans.