Milbury the blowhard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Milbury the blowhard

Milbury's always had a tell-it-like-it-is posture.  He's made career of speaking whatever is on his mind.  He's said far worse than this.  Didn't he once say some player was depriving a village of an idiot or something? Pehaps this is all because he took a shot at the NHL's crown jewel who has returned on the cusp of playoff showcase time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Milbury the blowhard:
    [QUOTE]A couple of posters took me to task recently when I likened Mike Milbury's bombast to that of Don Cherry. The veteran hockey writer Stu Hackel has a similar take on Mad Mike: http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/04/04/mad-mike-milburys-act-is-obsolete/
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

My opinions don't rely on what others think.

Furthermore, I skimmed the article quickly and it appears the entire article basically says, "HEY!  Don't say that!"

Lastly, I've never heard of Stu Hackel.  Maybe it's because I don't read Sports Illustrated...ever.  I've always felt that going there for hockey would be like coming here for Celtics info.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Milbury the blowhard : My opinions don't rely on what others think. Furthermore, I skimmed the article quickly and it appears the entire article basically says, "HEY!  Don't say that!" Lastly, I've never heard of Stu Hackel.  Maybe it's because I don't read Sports Illustrated...ever.  I've always felt that going there for hockey would be like coming here for Celtics info.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Not even the Swimsuit Issue?  You know, there's more to life than hockey.  Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I always appreciate & respect somebody who speaks their mind as long as it isn't racist & as long as their willing to back it up. Mad Mike wouldn't back down from anybody. I don't have to agree with what he says, but I certainly respect him a heck of a lot more than a "yes man" like McQuire, or Millen!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I always appreciate & respect somebody who speaks their mind as long as it isn't racist & as long as their willing to back it up. Mad Mike wouldn't back down from anybody. I don't have to agree with what he says, but I certainly respect him a heck of a lot more than a "yes man" like McQuire, or Millen!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

...or Simpson and Hughson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : ...or Simpson and Hughson.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Actually, I appreciate Hughson more than Cole or CBC's late game commentator.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : Actually, I appreciate Hughson more than Cole or CBC's late game commentator.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Hughson is a Canuck bag sniffer extraordinaire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : Hughson is a Canuck bag sniffer extraordinaire.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

He sure is but he calls the Leafs games now and you can tell he has no interest in them as he can be harsh at times. He is fine as long as he is not in Vancouver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : Actually, I appreciate Hughson more than Cole or CBC's late game commentator.

jay - I'd read last year CBC moved Hughson and Simpson up in the order from being primarily their West Coast combo to the national team due to the consistent on-air errors he was making that were being attributed to his age.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : He sure is but he calls the Leafs games now and you can tell he has no interest in them as he can be harsh at times. He is fine as long as he is not in Vancouver.
    I agree jay, he was hard to take doing the Cup final, could barely contain his exitement when the Nucks did something good, which wasn't very often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : I agree jay, he was hard to take doing the Cup final, could barely contain his exitement when the Nucks did something good, which wasn't very often.

50 - Especially muted during the Bruin blowouts in Games 3 and 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : 50 - Especially muted during the Bruin blowouts in Games 3 and 4.
    Yeah RHO, also during game seven after the B's scored the 2nd goal he was like a balloon with a slow leak.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Milbury wasn't really all that far off from Tortorella...

"It's a cheap, dirty hit," Tortorella said. "I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there. I wonder what would happen. So I'm anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just not respect amongst players. None. It's sickening."

Orpik was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct on the play.

"They whine about this stuff all of the time, and look what happens?" Tortorella said. "It's ridiculous. But they'll whine about something else over there, won't they?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : Not even the Swimsuit Issue?  You know, there's more to life than hockey. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

He said he didn't READ SI.  I spend very little time reading the Swimsuit Issue as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : jay - I'd read last year CBC moved Hughson and Simpson up in the order from being primarily their West Coast combo to the national team due to the consistent on-air errors he was making that were being attributed to his age.

That makes sense except I kind of feel bad for english-speaking Quebec who got stuck with him broadcasting regionally. I don't know why he just won't retire with at least some dignity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Milbury the blowhard : I agree jay, he was hard to take doing the Cup final, could barely contain his exitement when the Nucks did something good, which wasn't very often.

Very, very true. Let's hope it isn't repeated this yeasr and Van gets upset in the first round.